The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Deaths in the Family . . . Be away for a few days :-(

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Deaths in the Family . . . Be away for a few days :-( Empty
PostSubject: Deaths in the Family . . . Be away for a few days :-(   Deaths in the Family . . . Be away for a few days :-( Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 9:57 pm

I've been posting "on the fringes" over the past few days, despite my join date. Smile

Duff, prompted me to come and participate . . . so I have been . . . a bit.

Well, I received news Monday morning, that my Father's mother passed away. This was sad, especially considering she was active and healthy. She died of complications from an aneurysm and was 87. Plans were made and the viewing is tomorrow.

Then, today I heard that my Father's dad passed away as well. Just "up and died", at age 88. Sad

Just so sad for my Father and his 3 siblings . . . to lose their parent in 48 hours. Sad

Some say "it's not uncommon" for older couples to pass in this manner, and I agree . . . it just stings a bit.

I will be away for a little while.

Take care.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Deaths in the Family . . . Be away for a few days :-(   Deaths in the Family . . . Be away for a few days :-( Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 10:00 pm

Deaths in the Family . . . Be away for a few days :-( Icon_cry
Back to top Go down
jackprime1
Senior Associate
jackprime1

PostSubject: Re: Deaths in the Family . . . Be away for a few days :-(   Deaths in the Family . . . Be away for a few days :-( Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 10:11 pm

wow sorry to hear that Rick. My condolence's to you and your family.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Deaths in the Family . . . Be away for a few days :-(   Deaths in the Family . . . Be away for a few days :-( Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 10:21 pm

Hey Rick,

Real family ALWAYS comes before your "watch family..."

My prayers will be with you and your family in the coming days...

HIS peace to you...

Alan

PostSubject: Re: Deaths in the Family . . . Be away for a few days :-(   Deaths in the Family . . . Be away for a few days :-( Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 10:22 pm

G*d bless you and your family at this time.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Deaths in the Family . . . Be away for a few days :-(   Deaths in the Family . . . Be away for a few days :-( Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 11:08 pm

Real sorry to hear this Rick ! My condolences as well.
I am praying for you, as well as your family sir !

PostSubject: Re: Deaths in the Family . . . Be away for a few days :-(   Deaths in the Family . . . Be away for a few days :-( Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 12:09 am

Rick, sorry to hear about your grandparents. It is relatively common when people have been married for many years to pass not long after their spouse. My grandmother did and so did my uncle. My prayers are with you and your family during this time of loss. Come back when you are up to it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Deaths in the Family . . . Be away for a few days :-(   Deaths in the Family . . . Be away for a few days :-( Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 2:29 am

Rick, I'm so very sorry to hear of the death of your grandparents! I know how tough it is as I have lost all but my 1 grandmother and it's very tough to go thru. I'm also so very sorry for your dad as well. My wife lost her mother when she was 67 and then her father went 18 months later because he missed his wife that much. All he wanted was to be with her and he got his wish. Death is never easy to deal with and this situation makes it all the more difficult. Please know that you have good friensd that are here and we're all behind you thru this tough time. I'd like to offer my sincere condolences to you and your father during this extremely difficult time. If there is anything I can do, please let me know! I look forward to having you back!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Deaths in the Family . . . Be away for a few days :-(   Deaths in the Family . . . Be away for a few days :-( Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 2:34 am

Wow tough couple days, my prayers will be with you and your family! We will still be here when you get back, rick take care of family business and god bless!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Deaths in the Family . . . Be away for a few days :-(   Deaths in the Family . . . Be away for a few days :-( Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 2:43 am

. . . Strength be with you in your most trying of times my friend. We will all be here for you when you return, understanding your loss . . . . randy.
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Deaths in the Family . . . Be away for a few days :-(   Deaths in the Family . . . Be away for a few days :-( Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 10:17 am

Very sad news! Take the time and spend it with your family! XMT will be here when you are ready to come back!

Take care,
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Deaths in the Family . . . Be away for a few days :-(   Deaths in the Family . . . Be away for a few days :-( Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 1:52 pm

sorry to hear this, my thoughts and prayers are with you.
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: Deaths in the Family . . . Be away for a few days :-(   Deaths in the Family . . . Be away for a few days :-( Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 6:05 pm

Blessings to you and your family.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Deaths in the Family . . . Be away for a few days :-(   Deaths in the Family . . . Be away for a few days :-( Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 10:18 am

Thanks, Guys . . . it was a totally surreal experience. I ended up being a pallbearer for both caskets.

I don't wish to ever duplicate that experience, but it was wonderful to see relatives that I've seen in 16-24 years.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deaths in the Family . . . Be away for a few days :-(   Deaths in the Family . . . Be away for a few days :-( Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deaths in the Family . . . Be away for a few days :-(
Page 1 of 1