The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vintage Seiko Adventure watch in the herd now!...

Go down 
+3
sixtysix
Anomaly
thianwong
7 posters
AuthorMessage
thianwong
Senior Associate

Vintage Seiko Adventure watch in the herd now!... Empty
PostSubject: Vintage Seiko Adventure watch in the herd now!...   Vintage Seiko Adventure watch in the herd now!... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 6:19 pm

Found this used...a 8F56 perpetual ti GMT Adventure style model and had to scoop it up! Accurate to +-20secs/YEAR, this watch is 40mm bezel width and 45mm to screwdown crown. Shroud to shroud length is 45mm. Rated at 200m, friction style rotating compass bezel. The Lume is still fantastic and lasts into the nite though it dims down by then...

Vintage Seiko Adventure watch in the herd now!... Dialandclaspti
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Seiko Adventure watch in the herd now!...   Vintage Seiko Adventure watch in the herd now!... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 6:29 pm

that's a cool watch, I love the dial. do you have some other shots of the back and sides?
Congrats on a great looking Seiko!
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Seiko Adventure watch in the herd now!...   Vintage Seiko Adventure watch in the herd now!... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 6:41 pm

GORGEOUS watch man...looks like it could have come out YESTERDAY!

Enjoy!

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Seiko Adventure watch in the herd now!...   Vintage Seiko Adventure watch in the herd now!... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 6:42 pm

cool! Vintage Seiko Adventure watch in the herd now!... 203558
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Seiko Adventure watch in the herd now!...   Vintage Seiko Adventure watch in the herd now!... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 7:03 pm

I like the dial on that one too....great looking piece!!

Vintage Seiko Adventure watch in the herd now!... Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
thianwong
Senior Associate

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Seiko Adventure watch in the herd now!...   Vintage Seiko Adventure watch in the herd now!... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 7:18 pm

barnbuilder1 wrote:
that's a cool watch, I love the dial. do you have some other shots of the back and sides?
Congrats on a great looking Seiko!

back view..
Vintage Seiko Adventure watch in the herd now!... Seikocasebck2

side view...

Vintage Seiko Adventure watch in the herd now!... Seikosidebezelview
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Seiko Adventure watch in the herd now!...   Vintage Seiko Adventure watch in the herd now!... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 8:45 pm

That watch is in Xcellent shape Thian! Congratz.
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Seiko Adventure watch in the herd now!...   Vintage Seiko Adventure watch in the herd now!... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 9:37 pm

VERY NICE!!!

Senior Associate

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Seiko Adventure watch in the herd now!...   Vintage Seiko Adventure watch in the herd now!... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 9:39 pm

bodypeersur1 wrote:
That watch is in Xcellent shape Thian! Congratz.

.......just like us old farts, dude! hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Seiko Adventure watch in the herd now!...   Vintage Seiko Adventure watch in the herd now!... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 11:37 pm

Like It! Kinda looks like a monster hybrid.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Seiko Adventure watch in the herd now!...   Vintage Seiko Adventure watch in the herd now!... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 11:48 pm

Looks awesome! I'd love to see it on the bracelet too. Vintage Seiko Adventure watch in the herd now!... Icon_wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Seiko Adventure watch in the herd now!...   Vintage Seiko Adventure watch in the herd now!... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 11:55 pm

Nice, couldn't find it in the Seiko Photodatabase. You might want to offer copies of your photos to Gauch for inclusion.
Back to top Go down
thianwong
Senior Associate

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Seiko Adventure watch in the herd now!...   Vintage Seiko Adventure watch in the herd now!... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 12:05 am

Docrwm wrote:
Nice, couldn't find it in the Seiko Photodatabase. You might want to offer copies of your photos to Gauch for inclusion.

Yes, it is but in the Misc Seiko section here....http://www.csce.uark.edu/~jgauch/photos/dir1/misc_seiko/index.html

SBCJ015 model with red stem/crown. Mine is an SBCJ model but 8F56-0070, previous or first edition I think.....
Thanks for the tip though...I just might send my photo of it in though...
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Seiko Adventure watch in the herd now!...   Vintage Seiko Adventure watch in the herd now!... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 1:55 am

This Seiko is one I haven't seen before Thian ! Vintage Seiko Adventure watch in the herd now!... Icon_cyclops WOW !
There is alot of cool things about this watch. The dial is
crazy good ! Actually seems to be about three different
levels to the dial. Vintage Seiko Adventure watch in the herd now!... Icon_biggrin I think those numbers and markers
are also done in a unique way. Even the bezel has a
uniquely cool shape and design. The side view also shows
some interesting shapes taken out of the metal. NICE ! Vintage Seiko Adventure watch in the herd now!... 803574
Neat hands too ! What an EXTRA cool watch ! Enjoy
that one !

Senior Associate

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Seiko Adventure watch in the herd now!...   Vintage Seiko Adventure watch in the herd now!... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 2:04 am

AtomicTom wrote:
This Seiko is one I haven't seen before Thian ! Vintage Seiko Adventure watch in the herd now!... Icon_cyclops WOW !
levels to the dial. Vintage Seiko Adventure watch in the herd now!... Icon_biggrin I think those numbers and markers
some interesting shapes taken out of the metal. NICE ! Vintage Seiko Adventure watch in the herd now!... 803574
that one !

Cheers! It started with my HEQ Seiko Dolce model...after reading bout High End Quartz watches, this landtrek vintage showed up at my local used store....Last month I hesitated on a vintage Landmaster, so this time I jumped on the GMT haha! Yes, the layered dial design gives depth to the look....lots of nice detail in these Seiko higher end watches. Original cost was around $700.00usd in 2000.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Seiko Adventure watch in the herd now!...   Vintage Seiko Adventure watch in the herd now!... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 3:01 am

thianwong wrote:
AtomicTom wrote:
that one !

Cheers! It started with my HEQ Seiko Dolce model...after reading bout High End Quartz watches, this landtrek vintage showed up at my local used store....Last month I hesitated on a vintage Landmaster, so this time I jumped on the GMT haha! Yes, the layered dial design gives depth to the look....lots of nice detail in these Seiko higher end watches. Original cost was around $700.00usd in 2000.

You picked out a GOOD one sir ! Vintage Seiko Adventure watch in the herd now!... Icon_biggrin Nice job ! It's great seeing these different designs..Thanks !

Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Seiko Adventure watch in the herd now!...   Vintage Seiko Adventure watch in the herd now!... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 3:08 am

Like it - Gonna have to start a hunt on this one.
Hope it's available in SS - Ti is just too lite for me.
Looks good thanks for the detailed measurements.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Seiko Adventure watch in the herd now!...   Vintage Seiko Adventure watch in the herd now!... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 6:01 am

thanks for the other photos, such a cool watch I wanted to see the whole thing. Like John said it looks a lot like the monster hybrid.
Congrats and enjoy it!
Back to top Go down
thianwong
Senior Associate

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Seiko Adventure watch in the herd now!...   Vintage Seiko Adventure watch in the herd now!... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 6:14 am

welcome, Ron. This is a Japan domestic model and there are a few later models for sale if you can find them on trade forums or eBay....this particular 8F56 is in the Adventure style and case design...

Vintage Seiko Adventure watch in the herd now!... Montage8F56Mountainclimbing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Seiko Adventure watch in the herd now!...   Vintage Seiko Adventure watch in the herd now!... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vintage Seiko Adventure watch in the herd now!...
Page 1 of 1