The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'Used' Seiko Alpinist 6R15 joins the herd.....

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
thianwong
Senior Associate

'Used' Seiko Alpinist 6R15 joins the herd..... Empty
PostSubject: 'Used' Seiko Alpinist 6R15 joins the herd.....   'Used' Seiko Alpinist 6R15 joins the herd..... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 5:19 pm

Snatched this supposedly used Alpinist version from the Japan auction for $349usd. They are selling on the Seiya site for over $500usd! Upon opening up the package, it sure seemed NOS to me! Coming in a nice elongated box, the strap on the watch show absolutely no wear. I think mine was made either in 2001 or 2011, the serial # starting with 1xxxxx. A new Alpinist model is now selling. This series started way back in the 80s, I believe. 38mm bezel, sapphire crystal, auto, handwinding and hacking, it is 200m rated with a screwdown crown. 50hour power reserve. This version came in black, cream and green dials.

'Used' Seiko Alpinist 6R15 joins the herd..... 6793428095_4a8f9664b8_b
rail view by thianwong1, on Flickr
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: 'Used' Seiko Alpinist 6R15 joins the herd.....   'Used' Seiko Alpinist 6R15 joins the herd..... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 11:11 pm

What a SPECTACULAR pick up Thian ! Very Happy Really doesn't look used at all, and it sounds
like you got it for a great price too. Can't get enough of the green dial on this one. It
kind of looks very dark, but then has these bright green sunburst reflections coming
off it as well. Pretty AWESOME ! 'Used' Seiko Alpinist 6R15 joins the herd..... 803574 'Used' Seiko Alpinist 6R15 joins the herd..... 803574 That together with the cool, classy feel of
the case, along with strap makes for one spectacular Seiko. Congratulations to you
on snatching this one up sir. Have to first thank you for giving the background on the
Alpinist models, or series. Seems like there is always something new to learn when it
comes to different watch companies, and Seiko is no exception. Really am just learning
about this watch/series thanks to you. It genuinely looks as if Seiko wanted the Alpinist
to be the best of both worlds. On the one hand you get that sporty style with the way
the chapter ring is with it's width, along with markings. The dot markers are neat with
how they lead you down to the main numbers, and triangle markers on the dial also.
Even the thin white ring, together with all of the hash marks is spectacular imho. Then
later, on the other hand, you get these extremely cool, and classy green colors that
fly from the dial. That effect is out of this world ! So is the case on the Alpinist also by
the way. It's shape has all of the elegance you could ever want with a watch, while
backing it up with some serious polishing, and workmanship. Even the strap matches
the cool personality of this Seiko Thian ! Smile Congrats, and keep enjoying !!!

Spectacular Seiko, AND picture as always !

thianwong
Senior Associate

PostSubject: Re: 'Used' Seiko Alpinist 6R15 joins the herd.....   'Used' Seiko Alpinist 6R15 joins the herd..... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 7:00 am

Thanks, Tom. I think Seiko has the most number of watch lines dating back to the 70s. In 2008 I was peaking, so to speak, at finding the diver lines on the Japan auctions. Then there was the Master series (Land, Flightmaster, and Scuba lines. The Adventure style watch was also a line, the Alpinist being one of them. The top-of-the-line was the Landmaster series. I came across the Alpinist line several years ago and liked this green version but never bought it. I have the 8F56 Landtrek adventure watch (perpetual, ti and GMT) and now this particular Alpinist version, which design is more dress oriented but still has most of the tool features, which I love!
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: 'Used' Seiko Alpinist 6R15 joins the herd.....   'Used' Seiko Alpinist 6R15 joins the herd..... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 2:35 pm

thianwong wrote:
Thanks, Tom. I think Seiko has the most number of watch lines dating back to the 70s. In 2008 I was peaking, so to speak, at finding the diver lines on the Japan auctions. Then there was the Master series (Land, Flightmaster, and Scuba lines. The Adventure style watch was also a line, the Alpinist being one of them. The top-of-the-line was the Landmaster series. I came across the Alpinist line several years ago and liked this green version but never bought it. I have the 8F56 Landtrek adventure watch (perpetual, ti and GMT) and now this particular Alpinist version, which design is more dress oriented but still has most of the tool features, which I love!

Thian, thank YOU ! Very Happy ..Really is nice learning more about Seiko like this ! Also like hearing
about the various different lines from them too. It's very very cool, and I'm glad that you
were finally able to find this Alpinist to add to your collection. ..Enjoy sir !

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Used' Seiko Alpinist 6R15 joins the herd.....   'Used' Seiko Alpinist 6R15 joins the herd..... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'Used' Seiko Alpinist 6R15 joins the herd.....
Page 1 of 1