The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2 Faves Back from the Clinic

Go down 
+2
smellody
jaw
6 posters
AuthorMessage
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

2 Faves Back from the Clinic Empty
PostSubject: 2 Faves Back from the Clinic   2 Faves Back from the Clinic Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 11:47 pm

Just gotta tell somebody.

2 of my most recent and FAVORITE watches broke down one after the other.
My Zinex Heliox and my precious Omega PO Chrono.
Both arrived today safe, sound, same day, same truck. 2 Faves Back from the Clinic Icon_bounce

I'll try to keep this recap short/sweet.

Zinex Heliox:
- Was always ~14sec fast/day and was unhappy about that.
- One day while setting the date - felt a clunk in the stem, hmmm that didn't feel good. 2 Faves Back from the Clinic Icon_scratch
- From then on the rotor would spin like a bicycle in low gear every wind - but still kept time.
- Couple days later the crown came off in my hand.
- eMailed Zinex and ended up with Steve on the phone, and sent it in
- Delivery failed with no one to sign - but Steve picked in up from the FedEx facility himself after hours. 2 Faves Back from the Clinic 203558
- Replaced the movement completely, regulated, sealed, tested.
- Arrived today 1wk from their receipt of the watch 2 Faves Back from the Clinic 203558
Zinex Repair Bottom Line - Great Comm and CS the whole way. 2 Faves Back from the Clinic 803574 2 Faves Back from the Clinic 803574 2 Faves Back from the Clinic 803574 2 Faves Back from the Clinic 803574 2 Faves Back from the Clinic 803574

2 Faves Back from the Clinic Zinex_Heliox_Vintage_jaw_01-vi

Omega PO Chrono (Gray Amazon Purchase)
- Some WGs may recall my elation getting this last Nov. for ~$3100
- No way I could afford an AD purchase, so I jumped on it - Got it, loved it
- 3mo. later after an empty reserve I wind and see the seconds stutt.tt.ttering, then stop
- My heart sank 2 Faves Back from the Clinic Icon_pale
- Wound it again a bit, shook it a bit, and it stuttered more and finally ran ok 2 Faves Back from the Clinic Icon_scratch
- Did some research and found a somewhat common Co-Axial slow start and stop problem - S#!T
- Called AD Repair in Seattle - Non-AD Amazon repair would cost $500 (buys you a 5yr warranty from then on)
- Called Amazon to clarify warranty - 2yrs to BUT ONLY their service center in KY
- Got a www.repairnow.com/amazonwatch registration and claim number
- Googled Swinford Jewelers and did a Street View - Oh Gawd 2 Faves Back from the Clinic Suspect
- Spoke to the owner - seemed knowledgeable enough and familiar with the problem - seems I was the last to know
- Googled again - with a couple complaints a couple years ago
- Packed up the watch and sent it in
- Few days later a shipping label arrived from Amazon - nice touch
- Spoke to the owner a couple more times - gave me his email 2 Faves Back from the Clinic 203558
- 5wks later the PO is back and silky smooth...so far anyway.
Gray Mkt Amazon Repair Bottom Line - Comm ok w/owner access - Experience not too bad at all 2 Faves Back from the Clinic 803574 2 Faves Back from the Clinic 803574 2 Faves Back from the Clinic 803574

Edit: Removed one thumbs-up due to lack of accuracy adjustment on the PO

2 Faves Back from the Clinic Ega_SeamasterPO_2210_51_01_jaw-vi

Last edited by jaw on Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2 Faves Back from the Clinic   2 Faves Back from the Clinic Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 12:23 am

Glad you got them back to enjoy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2 Faves Back from the Clinic   2 Faves Back from the Clinic Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 12:50 am

. . . Excellent feedback here Jaws!!! I think that the level of success you experienced had as much to do with your attitude and approach to the problems. I'm taking this as a lesson in dealing with an issue . . . correctly!!!

. . . So many times I read about someone having a bad trip on CS, and get the sense they brought some of the grief on themselves. Good for you Big Man. You got results and didn't have to berate or demean to get them!!!!

. . . . 2 Faves Back from the Clinic 803574 2 Faves Back from the Clinic 803574 2 Faves Back from the Clinic 803574
Back to top Go down
smellody
Consigliere
smellody

PostSubject: Re: 2 Faves Back from the Clinic   2 Faves Back from the Clinic Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 1:26 am

Great news and report Jaw. Glad they have returned to you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2 Faves Back from the Clinic   2 Faves Back from the Clinic Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 1:34 am

glad you got them both back, joe at zinex or zixen now is the best!I've heard omega has had nothing but problems with the planet ocean chrono, hope they got it figured out!
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: 2 Faves Back from the Clinic   2 Faves Back from the Clinic Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 1:38 am

A couple of great looking watches! Always nice to get them back from service!! Enjoy!

2 Faves Back from the Clinic Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2 Faves Back from the Clinic   2 Faves Back from the Clinic Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 6:59 am

Its only that particular movement.its also used in other models.Either they arrive and never have problems or this happens.winding issues.
any model that uses the 7750 base is a solid movement.
good service with joe.He stands behind his watches.glad they installed a new movement for you.
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: 2 Faves Back from the Clinic   2 Faves Back from the Clinic Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 8:34 am

I thought for sure this was a thread about Brett Favre. I should slow down and read more carefully.

Now that that is settled, I glad you got your watches back safe and sound. That PO is a real sweet looker
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: 2 Faves Back from the Clinic   2 Faves Back from the Clinic Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 10:06 am

1st off...BOTH LOOK SWEET!

2nd...sending a watch for any type of work is more nerve wracking that picking it out

Glad everything went well with Zinex, at least you were sending it to the manufacturer...

The Amazon thing must have been SCARY...wow!

Here's hoping BOTH stay running good!

AWESOME watches Jaw!

Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: 2 Faves Back from the Clinic   2 Faves Back from the Clinic Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 3:40 pm

Those are both such OUTSTANDING watches ! 2 Faves Back from the Clinic Icon_smile I can only imagine
how you must have felt when they started acting up like that. What's
important is that everything worked out so well in the end. It probably
could have been alot worse. Thankfully, you got some good customer
service, as well as two GREAT watches working again ! 2 Faves Back from the Clinic Icon_cheers Nice job,
and thanks for the insight !..Enjoy !!!

PostSubject: Re: 2 Faves Back from the Clinic   2 Faves Back from the Clinic Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2 Faves Back from the Clinic
Page 1 of 1