The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Invicta Ocean Ghost, Phantom edition

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Invicta Ocean Ghost, Phantom edition Empty
PostSubject: Invicta Ocean Ghost, Phantom edition   Invicta Ocean Ghost, Phantom edition Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 2:34 am

Hey everyone, thought I'd share a little project on an Ocean Ghost I thought needed something different.

I received this stunning, classic, Ocean Ghost and thought it needed a look more in line with its name. The triple silver execution seemed like a perfect candidate to turn this into something I've always wanted, a bead blasted diver.

A friend suggested I reach out to Ron (AKA Barnbuilder), and a few PMs later my watch was off to the bead blasting barn.

Once received, I gave Ron a call and discussed what would be blasted to the netherworld, and not. We decided to keep the bezel as-is, because it already had a blasted looking base and the raised, chrome numbers would give it a nice contrast.

A few days later, the OG returned and I was absolutely amazed with the new look and amazing work Ron did. Ron, thanks again and it was a pleasure meeting you and chatting about watches and plans for world domination lol

I present you the Ocean Ghost, Phantom

Photos provided courtesy of Ron
Invicta Ocean Ghost, Phantom edition DSCF1487
Invicta Ocean Ghost, Phantom edition DSCF1489
Invicta Ocean Ghost, Phantom edition DSCF1491

My wrist shots
Invicta Ocean Ghost, Phantom edition Utf-8BSU1HMDMyNjUtMjAxMDAzMTktMDcxN
Invicta Ocean Ghost, Phantom edition Utf-8BSU1HMDMyNjYtMjAxMDAzMTktMDcyM
Invicta Ocean Ghost, Phantom edition Utf-8BSU1HMDMyNzAtMjAxMDAzMTktMDgxN

Thanks for looking!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Invicta Ocean Ghost, Phantom edition   Invicta Ocean Ghost, Phantom edition Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 3:27 am

Thanks Jorge! It was great talking with you and glad you like the results, it really changes the whole look to the watch. I hope the OG get's plenty of wrist time. Enjoy it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Invicta Ocean Ghost, Phantom edition   Invicta Ocean Ghost, Phantom edition Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 7:43 am

George, that Phantom looks SUHWEET! Great job Ron! You better be careful though or EL will be recruiting you to move to his SWISS factory and be his MASTER BLASTER! Invicta Ocean Ghost, Phantom edition 744742
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Invicta Ocean Ghost, Phantom edition   Invicta Ocean Ghost, Phantom edition Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 9:44 am

Is there ANYTHING Ron can't do?????????????????????

Looks GREAT!

Where it with pride Jorge!

PostSubject: Re: Invicta Ocean Ghost, Phantom edition   Invicta Ocean Ghost, Phantom edition Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 10:16 am

Congratulations. Much different look now. Enjoy!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Invicta Ocean Ghost, Phantom edition   Invicta Ocean Ghost, Phantom edition Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 10:48 am

Very nice looking watch! Congrats!
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: Invicta Ocean Ghost, Phantom edition   Invicta Ocean Ghost, Phantom edition Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 11:04 am

Great look to the OG.....Ron is an amazing guy and does amazing work!
Back to top Go down
smellody
Consigliere
smellody

PostSubject: Re: Invicta Ocean Ghost, Phantom edition   Invicta Ocean Ghost, Phantom edition Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 11:11 am

Looks GREAT! Ron is the man!
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Invicta Ocean Ghost, Phantom edition   Invicta Ocean Ghost, Phantom edition Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 4:25 pm

Oh boy ! THAT is OUTSTANDING !!!!! Invicta Ocean Ghost, Phantom edition Icon_biggrin Invicta Ocean Ghost, Phantom edition 46145 Invicta Ocean Ghost, Phantom edition Icon_biggrin Invicta Ocean Ghost, Phantom edition 46145 I can't believe
how TREMENDOUSLY COOL this came out ! The bead blasting adds a
whole new level, and feel to the Ocean Ghost imo. Just an INCREDIBLE
job Ron !!! Invicta Ocean Ghost, Phantom edition Icon_cheers You could easily find yourself staring at this watch all
day now ! Invicta Ocean Ghost, Phantom edition Icon_smile Great stuff !..Congratulations on this Jorge ! Enjoy !!!

PostSubject: Re: Invicta Ocean Ghost, Phantom edition   Invicta Ocean Ghost, Phantom edition Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 11:17 pm

VERY COOL!!! Invicta Ocean Ghost, Phantom edition Icon_cool
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: Invicta Ocean Ghost, Phantom edition   Invicta Ocean Ghost, Phantom edition Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 6:29 am

That came out nice!! Great photos of the work as well.....

Invicta Ocean Ghost, Phantom edition Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Invicta Ocean Ghost, Phantom edition   Invicta Ocean Ghost, Phantom edition Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 10:33 am

Thanks for the comments everyone!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Invicta Ocean Ghost, Phantom edition   Invicta Ocean Ghost, Phantom edition Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 12:14 am

Ron is the man!!! He did 2 for me as well. Looks amazing Jorge!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Invicta Ocean Ghost, Phantom edition   Invicta Ocean Ghost, Phantom edition Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 10:02 pm

Hey Jorge, that turned out amazing, and Ron does a great job. Enjoy it, Oh ya, I love that you are calling the bead blast the PHANTOM FINISH. Perfect.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Invicta Ocean Ghost, Phantom edition   Invicta Ocean Ghost, Phantom edition Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Invicta Ocean Ghost, Phantom edition
Page 1 of 1