The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gentlemen, your opinions please . . .

Go down 
+2
TVDinner
AtomicTom
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Gentlemen, your opinions please . . . Empty
PostSubject: Gentlemen, your opinions please . . .   Gentlemen, your opinions please . . . Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 2:07 am

. . . good, bad, terrible or great. I've not ever seen one.

. . . The honest dope please.

http://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=378175
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gentlemen, your opinions please . . .   Gentlemen, your opinions please . . . Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 2:14 am

They look pretty cool. I like the shade of blue. Not familiar with them, just from pics, etc.

Oops, sorry, you asked for opinions from "gentlemen."
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Gentlemen, your opinions please . . .   Gentlemen, your opinions please . . . Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 2:57 am

That does sound like a nice price for that watch, and movement Randy ! Gentlemen, your opinions please . . . Icon_smile
I went to the Bernhardt website, and looked around. It was pretty good
imho. They seem to make a VERY affordable quality watch from the looks
of it sir. Plus they also have a warranty ! Gentlemen, your opinions please . . . Icon_biggrin Impressive, most impressive !
Here is that website for you..http://www.bernhardtwatch.com/

PostSubject: Re: Gentlemen, your opinions please . . .   Gentlemen, your opinions please . . . Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 3:51 am

Although I have no first hand knowledge, I have heard some very nice things about Berhardt's watches and their service.

They seem to very much care about what they do and that's always a good sign.
Back to top Go down
TVDinner
Senior Associate
TVDinner

PostSubject: Re: Gentlemen, your opinions please . . .   Gentlemen, your opinions please . . . Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 5:39 am

Looks a lot like an expensive Invicta Ocean Ghost, Series 3.
JMHO
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gentlemen, your opinions please . . .   Gentlemen, your opinions please . . . Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 7:21 am

TVDinner wrote:
JMHO

Invictas look like other watches,not the other way around James.maybe see how long fred has been in business.Its been longer that the ocean ghost.
as far as this watch? pretty nice.Solid endlinks,screwed links,its got some weight to it and these are very reilable. I've got a binnacle prototype and can say its a very solid watch.I've never read a poor review on his watches.
Back to top Go down
TVDinner
Senior Associate
TVDinner

PostSubject: Re: Gentlemen, your opinions please . . .   Gentlemen, your opinions please . . . Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 7:57 am

yamahaki wrote:
TVDinner wrote:
JMHO

Invictas look like other watches,not the other way around James.maybe see how long fred has been in business.Its been longer that the ocean ghost.
as far as this watch? pretty nice.Solid endlinks,screwed links,its got some weight to it and these are very reilable. I've got a binnacle prototype and can say its a very solid watch.I've never read a poor review on his watches.

How long they have been in business is not my concern Sean. A question was asked and I answered it with my opinion. Thanks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gentlemen, your opinions please . . .   Gentlemen, your opinions please . . . Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 8:37 am

They get good reviews from owners. They're solid in the specs dept too. My two gripes with it are the font for the dial and the hour hand (looks more like a penis than any other hour hand I've ever seen).
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Gentlemen, your opinions please . . .   Gentlemen, your opinions please . . . Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 10:00 am

Sorry but I too think they look like an Ocean Ghost...

...I would not give up a watch to get that one.

PostSubject: Re: Gentlemen, your opinions please . . .   Gentlemen, your opinions please . . . Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 12:16 pm

Docrwm wrote:
(looks more like a penis than any other hour hand I've ever seen).

Man, it doesn't look anything like mine, but then, you're the Doctor. Gentlemen, your opinions please . . . Icon_wink Gentlemen, your opinions please . . . Icon_smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gentlemen, your opinions please . . .   Gentlemen, your opinions please . . . Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 12:17 pm

Anomaly wrote:

At that price, would you have to?
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Gentlemen, your opinions please . . .   Gentlemen, your opinions please . . . Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 12:17 pm

porschefan wrote:
Docrwm wrote:
(looks more like a penis than any other hour hand I've ever seen).

Man, it doesn't look anything like mine, but then, you're the Doctor. Gentlemen, your opinions please . . . Icon_wink Gentlemen, your opinions please . . . Icon_smile

GOOD GRIEF.... Gentlemen, your opinions please . . . 744742

Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Gentlemen, your opinions please . . .   Gentlemen, your opinions please . . . Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 12:18 pm

porschefan wrote:
Anomaly wrote:

I'd put $300 toward something else before that...

...and regardless of price, I'm in the "get rid of one to get one" stage.

PostSubject: Re: Gentlemen, your opinions please . . .   Gentlemen, your opinions please . . . Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 12:21 pm

Anomaly wrote:
porschefan wrote:
Anomaly wrote:

I'd put $300 toward something else before that...

...and regardless of price, I'm in the "get rid of one to get one" stage.

ahhhh...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gentlemen, your opinions please . . .   Gentlemen, your opinions please . . . Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 1:12 pm

AtomicTom wrote:
That does sound like a nice price for that watch, and movement Randy ! Gentlemen, your opinions please . . . Icon_smile
I went to the Bernhardt website, and looked around. It was pretty good
imho. They seem to make a VERY affordable quality watch from the looks
of it sir. Plus they also have a warranty ! Gentlemen, your opinions please . . . Icon_biggrin Impressive, most impressive !
Here is that website for you..http://www.bernhardtwatch.com/

. . .Thanks for the linky Tom. They have some good looking watches. The chrono is the only one I would pass on . . .

TVDinner wrote:
JMHO

. . . Ocean Ghost is not so bad James. I bought 3.

Docrwm wrote:
They get good reviews from owners. They're solid in the specs dept too. My two gripes with it are the font for the dial and the hour hand (looks more like a penis than any other hour hand I've ever seen).

. . . Uh, I'll take you at your word there Doc. Not alot of expertise in that area myself. But, I like the font . . . Gentlemen, your opinions please . . . Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Gentlemen, your opinions please . . .   Gentlemen, your opinions please . . . Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 2:04 pm

Docrwm wrote:

. . . Uh, I'll take you at your word there Doc. Not alot of expertise in that area myself. But, I like the font . . . Gentlemen, your opinions please . . . Icon_biggrin[/quote] Don't tempt him Randy...he likes to post pictures Gentlemen, your opinions please . . . Icon_eek

As far as the watch goes, I don't tend to like non-colored bezels. If it were me, I would buy a Seiko Samurai for that amount!

Senior Associate
TVDinner

PostSubject: Re: Gentlemen, your opinions please . . .   Gentlemen, your opinions please . . . Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 2:35 pm

wagon wrote:

TVDinner wrote:
JMHO

. . . Ocean Ghost is not so bad James. I bought 3.

I agree the OG is a fine watch and I have had 2 myself. But you asked for feedback about the link you provided and that was my first and initial impression when looking at the watch, dial layout, bracelet, bezel, etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gentlemen, your opinions please . . .   Gentlemen, your opinions please . . . Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 2:43 pm

I agree w/ James. They look like ocean ghosts. in other words, ...just kinda plain. Nice parts and build to it though, price isn't bad at all. just not my thang!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gentlemen, your opinions please . . .   Gentlemen, your opinions please . . . Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 2:57 pm

andrema wrote:
Docrwm wrote:

. . . Uh, I'll take you at your word there Doc. Not alot of expertise in that area myself. But, I like the font . . . Gentlemen, your opinions please . . . Icon_biggrin
Don't tempt him Randy...he likes to post pictures Gentlemen, your opinions please . . . Icon_eek

As far as the watch goes, I don't tend to like non-colored bezels. If it were me, I would buy a Seiko Samurai for that amount![/quote]

. . . Wow. That's really eerie. I have been hunting Samurais. There has been quite a few being sold lately . . . .

I just wondered if this make is as good as it seems. . .
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Gentlemen, your opinions please . . .   Gentlemen, your opinions please . . . Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 3:08 pm

wagon wrote:
andrema wrote:
Docrwm wrote:

Don't tempt him Randy...he likes to post pictures Gentlemen, your opinions please . . . Icon_eek

As far as the watch goes, I don't tend to like non-colored bezels. If it were me, I would buy a Seiko Samurai for that amount!

. . . Wow. That's really eerie. I have been hunting Samurais. There has been quite a few being sold lately . . . .

I just wondered if this make is as good as it seems. . .[/quote]I have been looking for one for a while now, just haven't found the right price and right finish yet.

PostSubject: Re: Gentlemen, your opinions please . . .   Gentlemen, your opinions please . . . Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 3:19 pm

. . . you like the blue or the black. SS or Ti, Mark???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gentlemen, your opinions please . . .   Gentlemen, your opinions please . . . Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 4:12 pm

A shrink would have a field day with all the "penis" references here.......

For $299 (via link; evidentally the watch — the Corsair — is listed at $349 on the bernhardtwatch site) doesn't seem like a bad price, especially with the 2836-2...I like it in yellow...gives just enough dial contrast to the penis...
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Gentlemen, your opinions please . . .   Gentlemen, your opinions please . . . Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 5:16 pm

wagon wrote:
I would want the white in SS, black in SS or black in Ti. I actually like the black without the bracelet, but on a rubber strap.

PostSubject: Re: Gentlemen, your opinions please . . .   Gentlemen, your opinions please . . . Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 5:19 pm

I have to say I like the OG too and have 2. Right now I would pay 299 for that Bern before I would buy a OG with the same movement. Quick!! I have heard real good things about this place and the watches they build and I want one! Preferably the Globecoaster. Gentlemen, your opinions please . . . Icon_cheers Three hand with the GMT baby!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gentlemen, your opinions please . . .   Gentlemen, your opinions please . . . Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 5:22 pm

fred has sweet watch and great prices and he was building those before Elvis came up with the name ocean ghost! Fred is a member at DWC and WUS and have heard his customer serice is the best! Swiss auto, superluminova and sapphire for 299.00! like to see something with all this in that price range sitting on US soil with his reputation!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gentlemen, your opinions please . . .   Gentlemen, your opinions please . . . Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 12:55 am

andrema wrote:
wagon wrote:
I would want the white in SS, black in SS or black in Ti. I actually like the black without the bracelet, but on a rubber strap.

. . . I really like the white as well. But I would jump on any one at the right price!!! Bracelet for me here though . . . still haven't gone the rubber route.

cali kid wrote:
fred has sweet watch and great prices and he was building those before Elvis came up with the name ocean ghost! Fred is a member at DWC and WUS and have heard his customer serice is the best! Swiss auto, superluminova and sapphire for 299.00! like to see something with all this in that price range sitting on US soil with his reputation!

. . . Trev, I thought they seemed like a hell of a lot of watch for the money myself. But I have yet to see one in the wild . . . . the watch .. . . . and actually the penis thing as well . . . . which I'm totally alright with to tell you the truth!!!! Suspect
Back to top Go down
pacifichrono
Senior Associate
pacifichrono

PostSubject: Re: Gentlemen, your opinions please . . .   Gentlemen, your opinions please . . . Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 1:04 am

Too plain vanilla for my tastes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pacifichrono.com

PostSubject: Re: Gentlemen, your opinions please . . .   Gentlemen, your opinions please . . . Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 8:29 am

Like many here, I don't own one but have heard nothing but good things about them. I like the GMT version with the orange and blue bezel. I do have a friend that bought one and so far it has run perfectly and he loves it. I wuould say if you like it, it would be worth it to get one!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gentlemen, your opinions please . . .   Gentlemen, your opinions please . . . Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 7:48 pm

binnacle,prototype number one.I had one and two at one time but sold one of them.
Gentlemen, your opinions please . . . Aristo-015
Regardless of your feelings about these watches from fred,theres not one invicta that comes near the build quality or the components of these watches.
Actually,at this price point its a pretty good deal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gentlemen, your opinions please . . .   Gentlemen, your opinions please . . . Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 8:05 pm

yamahaki wrote:
binnacle,prototype number one.I had one and two at one time but sold one of them.
Gentlemen, your opinions please . . . Aristo-015
Regardless of your feelings about these watches from fred,theres not one invicta that comes near the build quality or the components of these watches.

Um, Sean, I promised myself that I would make no childish comments about wearing a watch on anyone's wrist with a hand compared to um, a male reproductive organ....................

But damnit, then I saw that yours was wrapped, to boot!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gentlemen, your opinions please . . .   Gentlemen, your opinions please . . . Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 7:03 am

25or6to4 wrote:
yamahaki wrote:

Um, Sean, I promised myself that I would make no childish comments about wearing a watch on anyone's wrist with a hand compared to um, a male reproductive organ....................

But damnit, then I saw that yours was wrapped, to boot!

Its a prototype.Of course it has a condom on it. Gentlemen, your opinions please . . . Lol
Back to top Go down
max
Associate
max

PostSubject: Re: Gentlemen, your opinions please . . .   Gentlemen, your opinions please . . . Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 8:45 am

I own 3 of Freds, the original Binnacle and Corsair both with 2824-2s and a Sea Shark with a Miyota movement that gets a a lot of wrist time. I lust after a Globemaster.

The quality, fit and finish are quite nice and Fred actually has great Customer service. He is great to deal with. I had a slight problem I could have fixed myself but Fred replaced the watch before I even sent the original back. He has sent me parts free of charge when he saw one of my posts wishing for a different bezel insert and will work with you on a custom configuration if feaisible.

Heavy case, large smooth crowns, heavy bracelet held together with screws, solid end links, tight bezels, quality deployant, nice dial work, decent lume (but could be better) all make Freds watches a bargain IMHO. Cosmetics boil down to personal choice of course but at $199, a Sea Shark is hard to beat.

Funny, the hands are what I really like about the watches. Should I be worried?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gentlemen, your opinions please . . .   Gentlemen, your opinions please . . . Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 2:46 pm

. . . just picked up a pre-loved Sea Shark at WUS. Red dial. I am looking forward to it arriving already.

Seems like a lot of good being said about the owner and the quality of his watches . . . and they seem to be very good for the $$$.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gentlemen, your opinions please . . .   Gentlemen, your opinions please . . . Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 3:34 pm

Nice pickup randy! I like the bezel more on that one. Post it up when it arrives!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gentlemen, your opinions please . . .   Gentlemen, your opinions please . . . Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gentlemen, your opinions please . . .
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum :: Welcome To The Lounge! :: General Watch Discussion...-
Jump to: