The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

got a couple old piece's back!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

got a couple old piece's back! Empty
PostSubject: got a couple old piece's back!   got a couple old piece's back! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 8:09 pm

My mentor and business partner has a 16613 TT rolex sub just like mine, we (he) bought two at the same time for the two of us! When the sickness came on and i went crazy with invicta and had the rollie serviced and polished and put away, he got the bug too! I gave him a seiko orange monster and about 5 other pieces (let him pick out of my box because he bought two philip admirale's when they first came out, same deal one for him and one for me! Since he wears that friggin OM everyday i called him up at home in Bend Oregon and told him i want two watches back, he sent them out to me on ups on wednesday and i got them today!

the Oniss is already torn apart,got busy with it and gone is the cyclops and just finished brushing the case and bracelet, just waiting for some hands from jay since everything i have is seiko and dont want to put the hands on and tear it back apart to put the swiss second hand on! This is the Yacht master style bezel and i will still drill a hole in it and put a lume pip at 12, got some cool hands ordered and it will be a fun one when complete! 43/44mm swiss eta 2824 with a diver clasp, just a great watch that oniss just doesnt make anymore!
Here are some before pics, have to wait for the after shots..

got a couple old piece's back! 003-13

got a couple old piece's back! 001-18

got a couple old piece's back! 002-16

Watch #2.. never say never is all i'm sayin'! Always liked it and kind of missed it but dont be suprised to see a mod or two later on!

got a couple old piece's back! 007-5

got a couple old piece's back! 005-6

got a couple old piece's back! 006-8

Back up to two invicta's and it sure taste good!! got a couple old piece's back! 492736
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: got a couple old piece's back!   got a couple old piece's back! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 8:14 pm

Damn Trev!!! Invictaphile!!!!!!!!! LMAO! Hey congratz on resnaggin those babies. The Invicta really looks to be in great shape. He must not have worn it much..... got a couple old piece's back! Icon_geek I ain't sayin nuttin cuz I still got me sum Victa!!!
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: got a couple old piece's back!   got a couple old piece's back! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 8:42 pm

I like the Invicta...looks cool....mod the hell out of the other one!! Can't wait to see it.

got a couple old piece's back! Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: got a couple old piece's back!   got a couple old piece's back! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 9:32 pm

Mod'em both!

Wanna see how this turns out!

PostSubject: Re: got a couple old piece's back!   got a couple old piece's back! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 9:41 pm

Definitely one of invictas 5 best divers ever made. Modded or no, that is awesome!

I'm interested to see the finished Oniss, it's just like my Audsie that I need to mod or get rid of!
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: got a couple old piece's back!   got a couple old piece's back! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 9:44 pm

Looking forward to see what you will be doing to the Oniss Trevor! Great that you were able to re-capture the 2 watches.
Back to top Go down
TAZMAN64
Senior Associate
TAZMAN64

PostSubject: Re: got a couple old piece's back!   got a couple old piece's back! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 10:05 pm

hey trevor, those a couple of great watches, i almost bought that onis and kick my self for not. i just shipped my invicta diver off today to be sold, i may regret it, its probably the best diver invicta has ever put out!! the dial is awesome with that diamond dust. cant wait to see what you do with them. steve
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: got a couple old piece's back!   got a couple old piece's back! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 10:14 pm

both good looking watches and know they are going to get a whole lot better.
The bracelet on the Oniss looks solid, is it a 4mm
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: got a couple old piece's back!   got a couple old piece's back! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 11:41 pm

Congratulations on getting these watches back Trevor !
I like the looks of both of them. got a couple old piece's back! Icon_smile The Oniss has a smooth
aggressiveness to it. Great bezel, cool dial, and tough bracelet.
I can only imagine how much tougher you are going to make it
look ! got a couple old piece's back! 803574 ..Same goes for the Invicta ! It's an eye-catching
watch all the way around. Looks like a SOLID build on that one !
Enjoy them both, and I'm looking forward to seeing what happens
with the Oniss !

PostSubject: Re: got a couple old piece's back!   got a couple old piece's back! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 12:29 am

. . . Hmmm. Cali Watch Werks? Mods by Trevor? Nor-Cal Mods? Trev's Tweaks?

. . . Your'e getting in pretty deep, and looking pretty good at it Bro'!!!!!! got a couple old piece's back! 803574
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: got a couple old piece's back!   got a couple old piece's back! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 2:09 am

barnbuilder1 wrote:

hey ron, the center link is a little thicker, almost 4.5mm and the outer links are in the 4.2mm range. solid bracelet with screws! had three of these at one time , black dial with silver bezel, black dial with black bezel and i very different blue dial with blue bezel! you will see them with the yacht master style bezel like this one every once in awhile but the painted bezels are few and far in between! Such a great little diver i'm shocked that Alon quit making them and oniss is all about ceramic now!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: got a couple old piece's back!   got a couple old piece's back! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 3:00 am

cali kid wrote:
barnbuilder1 wrote:

hey ron, the center link is a little thicker, almost 4.5mm and the outer links are in the 4.2mm range. solid bracelet with screws! had three of these at one time , black dial with silver bezel, black dial with black bezel and i very different blue dial with blue bezel! you will see them with the yacht master style bezel like this one every once in awhile but the painted bezels are few and far in between! Such a great little diver i'm shocked that Alon quit making them and oniss is all about ceramic now!

4.5, cool! I like the black dial silver bezel you have here, can't wait to see it modded.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: got a couple old piece's back!   got a couple old piece's back! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

got a couple old piece's back!
Page 1 of 1