The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Equipe Watches...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

Equipe Watches... Empty
PostSubject: Equipe Watches...   Equipe Watches... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 8:17 am

A few weeks back ATOMIC TOM showed us some watches by EQUIPE: https://xtrememeantime.forumotion.com/general-watch-discussion-f4/equipe-watches-t4259.htm

Most of us didn't give them a very favorable review. Today I received a PM from EQUIPE:

Hello thank you for your opinions on EQUIPE. We are disappointed with the review, however we are always looking improve. We recently returned
from the Basel Watch Fair, and received excellent reviews. It is true our our watches are mid priced, yet the goal was to offer a quality
watch with unique features that cater to the auto fan more than the watch lover. Yet the watch enthusiast is our audience as well. We discovered no other brand at BASEL that offered a watch lug that moves in 360 degree's. Magazines in Germany, Japan and Greece are running
articles. In fact the US magazines are doing the same. We designed the watches to reveal the wearers fondness of cars, not watches.

Yes the music can be repetative, but it can be turned off. Yet we like the shifting of gears when moving to model from model. The brand is new however we have had consumers buy multiple styles due to the reasonable cost. EQUIPE may not be for all, yet we need to learn about the negatives se we can improve. Regarding the designers, we have mixed bag. We are from Detroit and needless to say we are not short on auto designers, yet we have many who are out of work. So please tell us how we need to improve. We have sold most of our starting inventory so new product will be developed. Thank you for your personal honest opinion. I hope your group can help us in the direction that will satisfy car enthusiasts and watch guys.

Sender email address: jnf530@yahoo.com

I have to say, I am VERY impressed at how they handled criticism, with this kind of attitude, a few other companies could learn from them...

Equipe Watches... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Equipe Watches...   Equipe Watches... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 9:32 am

I got the same PM. I agree, the criticism was handled VERY WELL...but how does a guest PM people. I thought you had to be a member to do that.
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

Equipe Watches... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Equipe Watches...   Equipe Watches... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 9:39 am

Got the same PM...how does a guest PM somebody?

I have to say, they took a good approach to the citiques!

Equipe Watches... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Equipe Watches...   Equipe Watches... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 11:22 am

Not sure PM'ing the same verbatim PM to each of us is taking a good approach. Posting something in the thread with real information (not just we got good reviews at Basel, really? ok, wow I must have been wrong in my comments then).

We need to look into the settings to make sure Guests can NOT PM any longer. That should be ONLY for registered members IMHO.
Back to top Go down

Equipe Watches... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Equipe Watches...   Equipe Watches... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 11:59 am

Docrwm wrote:
We need to look into the settings to make sure Guests can NOT PM any longer. That should be ONLY for registered members IMHO.

I sure agree with that one Robert! I can't believe it could be done.
Back to top Go down

Equipe Watches... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Equipe Watches...   Equipe Watches... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 12:20 pm

need help with the acp? Equipe Watches... Lol you might have guests set to see the forum and using the pms in the wrong area.phpbb3 has a few quirkes.changing permissions towards the end doesn't change them at the beginning.Still,it doesn't make me want to buy any of their watches.most look like reactors,tauchmeisters,torgeon.
actually,just about any watch on this cool site I found.
http://www.watchismo.com/torgoen-watches.aspx
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

Equipe Watches... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Equipe Watches...   Equipe Watches... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 1:10 pm

yamahaki wrote:
need help with the acp? Equipe Watches... Lol you might have guests set to see the forum and using the pms in the wrong area.phpbb3 has a few quirkes.changing permissions towards the end doesn't change them at the beginning.Still,it doesn't make me want to buy any of their watches.most look like reactors,tauchmeisters,torgeon.

In regards to GUEST PM'ing...

They sent the note thru CONTACT US which is why members of the team received it. GUESTS CANNOT PM members or even post...

Equipe Watches... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Equipe Watches...   Equipe Watches... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 1:27 pm

Anomaly wrote:
yamahaki wrote:

In regards to GUEST PM'ing...

They sent the note thru CONTACT US which is why members of the team received it. GUESTS CANNOT PM members or even post...

Equipe Watches... Emily-litella
Well then - Never mind.
Back to top Go down

Equipe Watches... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Equipe Watches...   Equipe Watches... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 1:30 pm

Not being a team member, I didn't get the PM, but thanks for sharing it, Alan. I couldn't agree with your opening post comments more. Taking the bull by the horns, (gently) and coming back to the critics in a nicer manner than many of us went after their watches, does say a lot for how the company is managed, and hopefully how they'll handle customer service issues as they get up to speed.
Understanding their design philosophy goes a long way toward understanding the look of their pieces, and their marketing aims, as well.

Good on them.
Back to top Go down

Equipe Watches... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Equipe Watches...   Equipe Watches... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 2:32 pm

watch companies can't please everyone unless they make every type of watch with every size and dials, it's best to stay with what you want to build for those you are targeting. Many of the guys I know that are into cars would love these watches, but they don't collect watches and probably wouldn't spend over $300 for one. The watch collector for the most part is much more picky about what they buy and price, looks and movement are important. No novelties or gimmicks, just watches are what we want.
Good luck with your company.
Back to top Go down

Equipe Watches... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Equipe Watches...   Equipe Watches... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 3:00 pm

. . . their response to you displays an awareness of the market they are looking for. Unfortunately they didn't find it here.

. . . being a weekend wrench, most of my life, I do like the choice of names they chose and the iconography they tried to use for each one. But they just fell short.

. . . makes you wonder how these boards are viewed by outside parties???? scratch
Back to top Go down

Equipe Watches... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Equipe Watches...   Equipe Watches... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 5:29 pm

didnt post in the first thread and watches arent my style but they have one of the coolest watch websites i've seen!! Equipe Watches... 46145
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

Equipe Watches... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Equipe Watches...   Equipe Watches... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 8:31 pm

Holy cow ! I think THIS was pretty cool hearing from Equipe like this ! Equipe Watches... Icon_smile
After going onto their website, and seeing the watches. I thought they
had some VERY eye-catching designs, especially for the price. The variety
of cases, dials, and styles were something you don't see all of the time.
That, along with the car theme was an interesting combination imho.
Also, honestly think the music adds some fun to the website too ! In any
case, it was nice hearing from Equipe, as well as hearing all of the opinions
everyone has. Equipe Watches... 803574 VERY cool !!!..Thanks for sharing the message Alan !

Equipe Watches... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Equipe Watches...   Equipe Watches... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Equipe Watches...
Page 1 of 1