The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Our Northeast Members

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Our Northeast Members Empty
PostSubject: Our Northeast Members   Our Northeast Members Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 11:24 am

Hopefully all of our friends in the Northeast are doing alright with all the flooding, and their homes and businesses have not been adversely affected.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Our Northeast Members   Our Northeast Members Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 11:30 am

This has been a crazy weather season lately!

Safety to all these folks!

Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Our Northeast Members   Our Northeast Members Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 11:31 am

Basement flooding is the phrase of the day in my house...part of the basement is finished, so Mark was up for much of the night keeping watch and doing damage control!

Nothing bad yet, but still 1 1/2 days of showers is coming.

My stream sounds like freaking Niagra Falls!!

Senior Associate
jackprime1

PostSubject: Re: Our Northeast Members   Our Northeast Members Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 11:50 am

I have never seen so much rain in my life...Thank god my house is on a Hill so we dont flood here. The roads are terrible with pot holes now and I had to drive through a puddle the size of a river and when I drove through it the water came over the hood of my car and up to my windows...I just kept on going and did not stop and made it through...this is nutz..Thank god the weather is going to be beautiful for the next 5 days...Lord know we need it. I know people who lost so much in their basements and had so much damage...
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Our Northeast Members   Our Northeast Members Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 11:53 am

jackprime1 wrote:
I have never seen so much rain in my life...Thank god my house is on a Hill so we dont flood here. The roads are terrible with pot holes now and I had to drive through a puddle the size of a river and when I drove through it the water came over the hood of my car and up to my windows...I just kept on going and did not stop and made it through...this is nutz..Thank god the weather is going to be beautiful for the next 5 days...Lord know we need it. I know people who lost so much in their basements and had so much damage...
My house is on a hill too...unfortunately, it is built on ledge and if there is enough saturation, the water has nowhere to go but run down the ledge. The weakest link is the drain in m basement...stinks, but hopefully the damage will be mitigated.

Senior Associate
jackprime1

PostSubject: Re: Our Northeast Members   Our Northeast Members Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 11:55 am

andrema wrote:
jackprime1 wrote:
My house is on a hill too...unfortunately, it is built on ledge and if there is enough saturation, the water has nowhere to go but run down the ledge. The weakest link is the drain in m basement...stinks, but hopefully the damage will be mitigated.

Dayum that sux mark...sorry to hear that..Hopefully your insurance company will do the right thing for you. Hope it gets take care of asap...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Our Northeast Members   Our Northeast Members Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 12:29 pm

You guys are going through all of that... and I can't tell you how focking ridiculous the news services are here. We're expecting .5 to 1 inch of rain (with 3-6 inches of mountain snow), and the local NBC affiliate has a reporter standing on the beach, about 60 miles northwest of LA, waiting to tell everyone when the first raindrops start to fall there. And they're already asking "When are we going to dry out?" when it hasn't even started raining yet. Embarrassing. Second largest news media center in the US, and we get shit like that. Our Northeast Members Icon_evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Our Northeast Members   Our Northeast Members Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 1:11 pm

My prayers to everyone dealing with the rain up north! It was only a few years ago that the Susquehanna River breached it's banks in Broome County, NY and much of the area was underwater.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Our Northeast Members   Our Northeast Members Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 1:27 pm

Mark, hope all is going to be ok! keep us updated when you can and hope everything turns out fine!
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Our Northeast Members   Our Northeast Members Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 2:24 pm

jackprime1 wrote:
andrema wrote:
jackprime1 wrote:

Dayum that sux mark...sorry to hear that..Hopefully your insurance company will do the right thing for you. Hope it gets take care of asap...
Unfortunately, you can't get flood insurance unless you are a certain distance from a body of water...my stream doesn't count...no worries, eveything will be fine!

PostSubject: Re: Our Northeast Members   Our Northeast Members Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 3:23 pm

Once again, best of luck to all of you in that area. Hopefully the weather over the next week will help.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Our Northeast Members   Our Northeast Members Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 5:51 pm

Been VERY luck here. I know so many people just a little north of me in NJ that have been flooded out badly.
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: Our Northeast Members   Our Northeast Members Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 5:55 pm

Wishing you all the best of luck staying out of the crappiness that can be flooding. Having survived many hurricanes over the years, I can say from experience that high water ain't no joke!
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Our Northeast Members   Our Northeast Members Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 7:59 pm

I hope everyone is doing alright, and that we begin to dry out in the
next few days. We have definitely had our fair share of rain over the
last few weeks ! This last storm was like the terminator, and just
wouldn't stop. Plus things were already saturated in the area to begin
with. There has been flooding in basements, as well as near rivers,
and streams. Here's hoping all of our friends get a break soon, and
can start enjoying Spring ! Luckily things have been o.k. here, and
even though we've had a ton of rain, there hasn't been any flooding
in the basement or anything. Our Northeast Members Icon_smile Best of luck to everyone !

PostSubject: Re: Our Northeast Members   Our Northeast Members Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 12:56 pm

I hope that everyone is well!

We had a brush with several tornadoes, earlier in the week. Quite extensive damage, only 6 miles from my house!

This winter in central North Carolina, we had multiple snows, a ton of rain, tornadoes, and colder than normal winter temps. I'm so looking forward to the low-80's and sunny today! Our Northeast Members Icon_bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Our Northeast Members   Our Northeast Members Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 10:32 pm

Nice country you're in there, CT. Glad to hear things are OK there, to.

BTW, that "big" storm the local weatherputz's out here worried and warned about... not a drop here. Some areas had sprinkles. Our Northeast Members 744742
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Our Northeast Members   Our Northeast Members Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Our Northeast Members
Page 1 of 1