The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vintage Squale

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

Vintage Squale Empty
PostSubject: Vintage Squale   Vintage Squale Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 6:12 pm

Senior Associate
andrema

Vintage Squale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vintage Squale   Vintage Squale Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 6:15 pm

Not bad. I just don't like the polished bezel...that is just asking for a ding or sratch! What is the red/orange button...is that a bezel lock?

Senior Associate
Anomaly

Vintage Squale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vintage Squale   Vintage Squale Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 6:23 pm

andrema wrote:
Not bad. I just don't like the polished bezel...that is just asking for a ding or sratch! What is the red/orange button...is that a bezel lock?

Yep, same idea as a PloProf...

Vintage Squale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vintage Squale   Vintage Squale Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 7:02 pm

Interesting. Mark is right, the polished bezel just is not in keeping with the overall gestalt of the watch.
Back to top Go down

Vintage Squale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vintage Squale   Vintage Squale Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 7:42 pm

pretty cool watch case. yep, needs some bezel work
Back to top Go down

Vintage Squale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vintage Squale   Vintage Squale Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 7:55 pm

andrema wrote:

Didnt i do how to on brushing a bezel!! The old thumb tack trick, works like a champ!
Back to top Go down

Vintage Squale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vintage Squale   Vintage Squale Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 9:33 pm

Barracuda lure with all that polish!!! Otherwise, pretty cool, even got one of them nipple things!
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

Vintage Squale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vintage Squale   Vintage Squale Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 10:58 pm

This watch is in FANTASTIC shape ! Vintage Squale Icon_eek Vintage Squale 803574 I like
that bezel lock button alot. You really don't see that
on many watches. Plus it just looks ridiculously cool
IMHO. So does that super aggressive bezel by the
way ! Hey, how about that case back too ?! Vintage Squale Icon_smile
A great looking watch no matter how you slice
it !

Vintage Squale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vintage Squale   Vintage Squale Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 11:06 am

The Tiger is a great watch, but does have some shortcomings. The polished bezel is a scratch magnet - no doubt. You could try to brush it, but the bezel pip that Squale uses washes out with your first swim. I know that this Tiger was relumed, just not sure if he did the pip, too.

The other, major, downside to me is the size. Width is fine, but it is a very thin watch. Not very substantial feeling at all.

The bezel lock works great, but is a bit stiffer to use than my PloProf. It's also a little hard to use one-handed, like the PoloProf.

Squale is re-releasing these, among other vintage divers. Princeton Watches will be their new US distributor.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

Vintage Squale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vintage Squale   Vintage Squale Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 11:09 am

bigflax925 wrote:
The Tiger is a great watch, but does have some shortcomings. The polished bezel is a scratch magnet - no doubt. You could try to brush it, but the bezel pip that Squale uses washes out with your first swim. I know that this Tiger was relumed, just not sure if he did the pip, too.

The other, major, downside to me is the size. Width is fine, but it is a very thin watch. Not very substantial feeling at all.

The bezel lock works great, but is a bit stiffer to use than my PloProf. It's also a little hard to use one-handed, like the PoloProf.

Squale is re-releasing these, among other vintage divers. Princeton Watches will be their new US distributor.

Welcome to XMT BigFlax!

Good info!

Will be interested to see what the re-issues look like

Vintage Squale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vintage Squale   Vintage Squale Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 11:23 am

Thanks!

The watches will look the same. They supposedly will use vintage parts.

My Tiger was allegedly a vintage piece that was NOS. It was indeed new in every way. Even the strap had the vanilla smell, which was interesting for a watch that had sat on a shelf for 30 years. The collective thought was that Squale continued to turn these out of over the years and were being sold locally.

That said, I'll be picking up a new, new Tiger in a white or blue dial when Princeton gets set up!
Back to top Go down

Vintage Squale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vintage Squale   Vintage Squale Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 10:36 pm

I like it!!
Back to top Go down

Vintage Squale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vintage Squale   Vintage Squale Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 11:51 pm

Gregger wrote:
I like it!!

Hey Gregger, great to see you here brother! Vintage Squale 74725
Back to top Go down

Vintage Squale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vintage Squale   Vintage Squale Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 10:37 am

Interesting for sure.

BTW seller is top notch FWIW.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Vintage Squale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vintage Squale   Vintage Squale Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vintage Squale
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum :: Welcome To The Lounge! :: General Watch Discussion...-
Jump to: