The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Amazing . . .

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Amazing . . . Empty
PostSubject: Amazing . . .   Amazing . . . Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 2:59 am

. . . The variety of watches the membership here own. For a relatively small cluster of maniacs, I see something from every price range and a wide selection of makes.

. . . PC commented on other places lacking variety . . . . Sure can't accuse us of that!!!!

Amazing . . . 10732610
Back to top Go down

Amazing . . . Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amazing . . .   Amazing . . . Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 3:13 am

sure wont see 15 of the same watch in on the wrist section at XMT! Amazing . . . 492736
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

Amazing . . . Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amazing . . .   Amazing . . . Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 7:02 am

SHouldn't there be at least a couple watches in that picture? Amazing . . . 744742
We do have a an assortment or wristwear here don't we..... Amazing . . . 74725 , variety is the spice of life!

Amazing . . . Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

Amazing . . . Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amazing . . .   Amazing . . . Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 9:17 am

Thanks Randy, that IS the whole reason ZMT/XMT started!

Amazing . . . Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amazing . . .   Amazing . . . Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 9:38 am

I too have been bothered by the lack of uniformity among our daily wrist selections. While it may be premature, I believe I have developed a 127 point program with a 3 year time line to address this sad diversity among our membership.

Today I am unveiling the first 2 points in the 127 point program:

1 - There should be a Forum Watch selected and ownership should be mandatory, unless the member obtains an exemption under Point 114 of the plan

2 - There should be at least 4, and not more than 10, Forum Sponsors who make watches of Higher Calibre.

More points will follow. Remember that this plan has a 3 year time line to it but we MUST complete all 127 points within that time frame.
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

Amazing . . . Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amazing . . .   Amazing . . . Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 9:43 am

Docrwm wrote:
I too have been bothered by the lack of uniformity among our daily wrist selections. While it may be premature, I believe I have developed a 127 point program with a 3 year time line to address this sad diversity among our membership.

1 - There should be a Forum Watch selected and ownership should be mandatory, unless the member obtains an exemption under Point 114 of the plan

2 - There should be at least 4, and not more than 10, Forum Sponsors who make watches of Higher Calibre.

More points will follow. Remember that this plan has a 3 year time line to it but we MUST complete all 127 points within that time frame.

Knowing you, at least 100 of the points in the program will involve Seiko...not that there is anything wrong with it Amazing . . . 588107

Amazing . . . Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amazing . . .   Amazing . . . Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 9:46 am

andrema wrote:
Docrwm wrote:

Knowing you, at least 100 of the points in the program will involve Seiko...not that there is anything wrong with it Amazing . . . 588107

Mark,

I am hurt, deeply hurt, that you would even think that I would take a critically important aspect of the shear survival of this forum as an opportunity to advance my own personal petty agenda. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down

Amazing . . . Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amazing . . .   Amazing . . . Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 2:47 pm

DAYUM! 127 point plan? I DON'T THINK WE'RE IN KANSAS ANYMORE TOTO!!! Amazing . . . Affraid
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

Amazing . . . Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amazing . . .   Amazing . . . Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 2:53 pm

You make a GREAT point Randy !!! Amazing . . . 803574 The variety here IS amazing !
There is something here for everyone imho. Whether you like big brands,
or small brands, big watches, or small watches, or ANY watch for that
matter, this is what it's all about. There is not going to be a right or
wrong watch or brand with XMT ! If it's a watch, it belongs here ! Amazing . . . Icon_biggrin
One of the things that is SO great about this, is that people can learn
more about this hobby, than they ever thought was possible. You see
and hear about new watches, and are introduced to whole new aspects
about the hobby as well. Every day you learn something new, and
every day you realize how vast this hobby is. It's all part of the fun,
and it's all part of being here. This probably wouldn't be possible
without a GREAT variety of WATCHES, as well as PEOPLE too !!! Amazing . . . Icon_cheers Amazing . . . 46145

Amazing . . . Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amazing . . .   Amazing . . . Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Amazing . . .
Page 1 of 1