The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Amazing Window shopping in the UK.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Amazing Window shopping in the UK.   Empty
PostSubject: Amazing Window shopping in the UK.    Amazing Window shopping in the UK.   Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 6:32 pm

There is NOTHING like this anywhere near me and I would guess nowhere outside NYC and perhaps a couple other major cities in the US (SF, Palm Beach, LA?).

http://www.tz-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=126961&p=1316591
Back to top Go down
thianwong
Senior Associate

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Window shopping in the UK.    Amazing Window shopping in the UK.   Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 6:43 pm

A true WIS's dream walkabout haha! Europe is the center of Horology, the mecca of watch fanatics like us! I have seen such Singapore watch stores posted by guys, but nothing as extensive as the post! thanks for the link!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Window shopping in the UK.    Amazing Window shopping in the UK.   Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 6:45 pm

thianwong wrote:
A true WIS's dream walkabout haha! Europe is the center of Horology, the mecca of watch fanatics like us! I have seen such Singapore watch stores posted by guys, but nothing as extensive as the post! thanks for the link!

Yes, such windows exist outside Europe and HK and Singapore are among the locations that have such beautiful sites. It's strange to me that even the large mall ADs only have 3-6 watches total in their windows in Atlanta. Amazing Window shopping in the UK.   Icon_cry
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Window shopping in the UK.    Amazing Window shopping in the UK.   Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 6:51 pm

Beverly Hills, in the "Golden Triangle," has several Boutique stores (Montblanc, Omega, IWC, Panerai, Cartier, etc) and several stores that sell multiple marques. Their windows look similar to the ones shown. And, yes, there are several in San Francisco, too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Window shopping in the UK.    Amazing Window shopping in the UK.   Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 6:56 pm

porschefan wrote:
Beverly Hills, in the "Golden Triangle," has several Boutique stores (Montblanc, Omega, IWC, Panerai, Cartier, etc) and several stores that sell multiple marques. Their windows look similar to the ones shown. And, yes, there are several in San Francisco, too.

Figures. There are watch stores like those in most larger UK cities, not merely the highest end areas like BH or PB in the US.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Window shopping in the UK.    Amazing Window shopping in the UK.   Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 9:22 pm

Pretty neat stuff Doc !..There is a little bit there for everyone, AND
you don't even have to go into the stores to see all of these terrific
watches ! Amazing Window shopping in the UK.   Icon_cyclops ..Kind of like an amusement park for watch people !!! Amazing Window shopping in the UK.   Icon_cheers
..Thanks alot for this link !

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Window shopping in the UK.    Amazing Window shopping in the UK.   Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 10:21 pm

I saw some cool stuff when I was in the UK too (these are from Bond St, London)-

Amazing Window shopping in the UK.   P1010343

Amazing Window shopping in the UK.   P1010346

Amazing Window shopping in the UK.   P1010341

Amazing Window shopping in the UK.   P1010358

Amazing Window shopping in the UK.   P1030621

Amazing Window shopping in the UK.   P1010360

Amazing Window shopping in the UK.   P1010361

Amazing Window shopping in the UK.   P1010359

Amazing Window shopping in the UK.   P1010340

Amazing Window shopping in the UK.   P1010362

Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Window shopping in the UK.    Amazing Window shopping in the UK.   Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 2:44 am

Wow !!! Amazing Window shopping in the UK.   Icon_biggrin ..Those are some OUTSTANDING watches, as well as pictures
also dshap !!!! Amazing Window shopping in the UK.   46145 ..These watches are SO good, it's hard to find a
favorite, and the displays actually remind me of the ones we see from
Basel, or other watch shows !..It's awesome to see all of these !
Thank you very much !!!

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Window shopping in the UK.    Amazing Window shopping in the UK.   Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 11:40 am

I like wathces... I respect it!!!
but can you advice me watches:
- with life assurance???
- with impenetrable glass???
- waterproof???

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Window shopping in the UK.    Amazing Window shopping in the UK.   Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 3:39 pm

dont want to pimp my own area but you can find about every fine watch brand in a 4 block area of Carmel and Tim can verify that but the problem is you wont be getting any major discounts! I'm sure the Hills is the same way!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Window shopping in the UK.    Amazing Window shopping in the UK.   Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 4:07 pm

Trev,

You live the high life and the rest of us plebes only get to dream about the grandeur you have available to you daily. Amazing Window shopping in the UK.   Icon_eek
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Window shopping in the UK.    Amazing Window shopping in the UK.   Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 5:05 pm

That's pretty fantastic!

Now here is an interesting photo. That's a rugby ball in the photo. And knowing what I know about Graham, that's most likely a full sized rugby ball!
Amazing Window shopping in the UK.   Icon_eek

Amazing Window shopping in the UK.   IMG_0113

A full sized rugby ball:
Amazing Window shopping in the UK.   RugbyScotland2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Window shopping in the UK.    Amazing Window shopping in the UK.   Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Amazing Window shopping in the UK.
Page 1 of 1