The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Omega Flightmaster....Vintage Badass

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

Omega Flightmaster....Vintage Badass Empty
PostSubject: Omega Flightmaster....Vintage Badass   Omega Flightmaster....Vintage Badass Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 10:11 pm

Omega Flightmaster....Vintage Badass Smallcover

This Omega Flightmaster is a very unique looking vintage watch.

The Flightmaster came in 2 versions, an earlier model that had a 24 hour time register at 9 o'clock instead of the running seconds register found on this model. The movement used in this model is the 17 jewel Omega manual wind calibre 911. The 24 hour model used the Omega manual wind calibre 910.

The dial on this watch is breathtaking, the hands all still have a very sharp contrast against the dial and the wrist presence created by this watch is overwhelming. My wife actually calls it "the EGG".
This watch was created for pilots and was marketed by Omega as such. There is evidence that Flightmasters were used by the Astronauts, reference Imai's Omega Speedmaster book, there's a Soviet Cosmonaut wearing a Flightmaster identical to this.

The dimentions for the watch is 43mm wide by 52mm long.

The Flightmaster c.911 (ST145.036) - photos from chronomaddox

Omega Flightmaster....Vintage Badass Flightmaster_leftside
Omega Flightmaster....Vintage Badass C911flightmaster_sm
Omega Flightmaster....Vintage Badass Flightmaster_rightside

Some great resources for these great old watches

http://www.chronomaddox.com/flightmasterarticle.html - a comprehensive article on the flightmaster, including how to read as well as the functions of the various pushers/dials.

http://www.old-omegas.com/pilotline.html -a good general resource for the flightmaster series.

http://www.old-omegas.com/ - old manuals and other cool reference materials

Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: Omega Flightmaster....Vintage Badass   Omega Flightmaster....Vintage Badass Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 10:53 pm

I've seen those before, I would love to have one but there is a lot going on on that dial.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Omega Flightmaster....Vintage Badass   Omega Flightmaster....Vintage Badass Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 11:27 pm

Another excellent Omega ! Omega Flightmaster....Vintage Badass 46145 I like the case alot on
this one. It reminds me of a Rado ! Some fantastic looking
hands on the Flightmaster too. The blue one is out of this
world, and that half green sub-dial is intriguing as well. Actually
the whole watch is intriguing, to be honest ! Thanks for the
links !

PostSubject: Re: Omega Flightmaster....Vintage Badass   Omega Flightmaster....Vintage Badass Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 11:43 pm

. . . just saw one in the wild this weekend, at my watchmaker's shop. Better in person, believe me . . . the dialwork is really impressive.

. . . BTW, this guy has a number of really good vintage Rolex, Omega, TAG, and even had a Lange & Sohne alarm automatic. It was one of those "make your palms sweat" items . . . Omega Flightmaster....Vintage Badass Affraid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Omega Flightmaster....Vintage Badass   Omega Flightmaster....Vintage Badass Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 5:20 pm

Pretty cool stuff; had a vintage Seiko "Helmet" that was a sort of homage to the Flightmaster, not as cool though
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Omega Flightmaster....Vintage Badass   Omega Flightmaster....Vintage Badass Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Omega Flightmaster....Vintage Badass
Page 1 of 1