The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.


A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !
 
HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

 

 Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!!

Go down 
+4
andrema
AtomicTom
sixtysix
Anomaly
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest
avatar



Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Empty
PostSubject: Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!!   Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 2:44 am

. . . this one feels really, really good! Backstory to this watch is that I have wanted it since before the New Year. My attraction to Seiko had this watch as the "one to own", for me.


When Doc got his, it was cemented! Doc wrote a great review, praised the watch highly . . . and with Doc's love of Seiko I felt like it had to be as good as the hype.

So, I saved and held on until I found a new one at a decent price from a reputable seller. Pretty proud of myself. I took a small diversion, picking up the Bernhardt along the way ( great watch also, I'm happy I bought it ). . . but other than that, I held the course and didn't fall into the Daily Deal trap.

When I got home this evening there it was, on the kitchen counter, waiting for me . . . . right next to wifey's new coffee maker . . . lol!!!!

I believe everyone knows of this watch, Seiko's venerable, well known and highly touted Sumo. Doc already wrote it up as well as could be done. No review required from me. The Sumo is every bit as good as the hype . . . every bit worth the money and the hunt.

Sometimes I feel silly getting so excited about a relatively inexpensive watch, in comparison to some of the high-enders other members own . . . but I feel so much better about getting a watch I set out to own specifically, I just can't help but feel genuinely thrilled.

Enough blather, here's a few of my typically average photos of my new SUMO . . .



Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! IMG_0278

Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! IMG_0285

Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! IMG_0300

Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! IMG_0308

Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! IMG_0292

Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! IMG_0298

Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! IMG_0314






. . . Glad to have a place to share. Oh, oh . . . I almost forgot , wifey's new pick-up. THIS is the result of ordering overseas . . . . She found a Japanese coffee maker on one of the sites I visit, so she ordered a Zojirushi . . . .

Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! IMG_0330

Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! IMG_0327

Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! IMG_0329


. . . . Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Icon_cheers . . . . what a trip, life is good!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest
avatar



Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!!   Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 3:19 am

Are you shitting us, Randy? All that kittycat-picture build up for that?



Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! 744742


WELL WORTH THE WAIT, WAGONMASTER! Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! 933578 Nice caffeine dispenser.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest
avatar



Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!!   Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 4:27 am

It's about time that watch was unveiled! Congratz on the Sumo. I've been eying that model also but fell prey to the JSAR! Enjoy that great watch over a cup of coffee with the little woman! Ya done good Bro!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest
avatar



Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!!   Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 7:33 am

Mmmmmmm coffee.........


Oh.......nice watch by the way. Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Lol

Congrats on a nice pick up.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly


Posts : 7125
Join date : 2009-11-13
Age : 58
Location : Tampa, Florida

Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!!   Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 8:32 am

Good for you Randy!

The chase is GREAT especially when you get one you have been chasing awhile!

Enjoy the SUMO and the Java!

Great pics btw!

____________________________________
Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! ANOMALYSIG2A-1
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest
avatar



Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!!   Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 8:58 am

Zojirushi's are great. Personally, not being a coffee man, I prefer their automatic rice cooker - but to each their own. They're CS is terrific, just needed a replacement part (the condenser cup cracked) and they sent it out without any trouble at all.

Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! 303827-zojirushi-nsrnc-18a-automatic



That's why we bought their breadmaker too. Wow, is is nice. Double teflon on the mold with fully coated paddles that are removable for easy cleaning, full controls, and top of the line heating coils.They make a great product!

Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Zojirushi-bread-machine-bbcc-x20

Zojirushi Rock!
Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Zojirushi_logo





























Oh, and the watch is nice too. Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Icon_wink
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest
avatar



Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!!   Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 11:31 am

Cool. Love it. It was on my hitlist too until Noah released the Tsunami. Someday though

Congrats Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest
avatar



Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!!   Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 11:39 am

Hey Robert, maybe we should start a forum for you Susie Homemaker Guys!!! Next thing you know you'll be showin your HOOVER!!!! Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Affraid

Docrwm wrote:
Zojirushi's are great. Personally, not being a coffee man, I prefer their automatic rice cooker - but to each their own. They're CS is terrific, just needed a replacement part (the condenser cup cracked) and they sent it out without any trouble at all.

Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! 303827-zojirushi-nsrnc-18a-automatic



That's why we bought their breadmaker too. Wow, is is nice. Double teflon on the mold with fully coated paddles that are removable for easy cleaning, full controls, and top of the line heating coils.They make a great product!

Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Zojirushi-bread-machine-bbcc-x20

Zojirushi Rock!
Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Zojirushi_logo





























Oh, and the watch is nice too. Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Icon_wink
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest
avatar



Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!!   Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 12:19 pm

Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! 203558 Very nice Randy! i will have a sumo one day just cant decide on blue or black!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest
avatar



Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!!   Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 12:30 pm

Great watch Randy! One of their best looking watches
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest
avatar



Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!!   Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 1:41 pm

. . . thanks guys. It's good fun to share here. And if you can't have fun . . . why bother!!!!

. . . Doc, you are right. Zojirushi does rock!!!!! Quality and simplicity, no extra crap to go wrong.

. . . anyways, the Sumo is a very unique watch. A diver with a little bit of the "tool" pulled off of it. I was looking at it this morning and the thought . . . " a dress diver" . . . came to mind. The side shrouded bezel, and the finely scored bezel edge with the back cut make it nicely refined. I do believe that I will invest in an Anvil bracelet with solids from Harold though. A 22mm with 20mm ends looks ripper on the watch.
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix


Posts : 6756
Join date : 2009-12-06
Age : 56
Location : North of Syracuse NY

Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!!   Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 2:07 pm

Great looking Seiko!! Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Icon_bounce

____________________________________
Later, Gary

Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere
avatar


Posts : 18057
Join date : 2009-08-25
Age : 51
Location : New Jersey

Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!!   Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 2:43 pm

Super Sumo Randy ! This watch looks UNBELIEVABLE ! Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! 46145 Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! 803574 Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! 46145
It's the complete package imho. A fantastic dial, great hands and markers,
legendary case, bracelet and movement. You can genuinely see that this
Seiko is a well made, well thought out, quality watch ! It's great because
it looks sporty, but the design, and build quality allow it to be a watch for
all occasions. It's VERY impressive Randy !..So is that coffee pot ! Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Icon_cheers
Some excellent pictures by the way sir ! Congrats to you and.. ENJOY !

____________________________________
Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! NewSigcopy
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema


Posts : 4263
Join date : 2009-07-08
Age : 111
Location : CT

Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!!   Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 3:16 pm

Very nice Randy!!! That one is on my list too...too many watche, too little money Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Icon_cheers

____________________________________
M A R K
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy


Posts : 2612
Join date : 2009-07-12
Location : OREGON

Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!!   Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 5:42 pm

She be a beauty Randy! Nice to score on something you been hunting. Isn't it a greater feeling now compared to when we would all just buy, buy and buy? Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
TAZMAN64
Senior Associate
TAZMAN64


Posts : 1610
Join date : 2009-06-20
Age : 58
Location : ELK GROVE, CALIFORNIA

Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!!   Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 7:29 pm

hey randy, im glad you got your sumo, i know you have wanted this one for a long time. congrats and enjoy. steve
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest
avatar



Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!!   Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 11:52 pm

bodypeersur1 wrote:
Hey Robert, maybe we should start a forum for you Susie Homemaker Guys!!! Next thing you know you'll be showin your HOOVER!!!! Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Affraid

Docrwm wrote:
Zojirushi's are great. Personally, not being a coffee man, I prefer their automatic rice cooker - but to each their own. They're CS is terrific, just needed a replacement part (the condenser cup cracked) and they sent it out without any trouble at all.

Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! 303827-zojirushi-nsrnc-18a-automatic



That's why we bought their breadmaker too. Wow, is is nice. Double teflon on the mold with fully coated paddles that are removable for easy cleaning, full controls, and top of the line heating coils.They make a great product!

Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Zojirushi-bread-machine-bbcc-x20

Zojirushi Rock!
Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Zojirushi_logo





























Oh, and the watch is nice too. Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Icon_wink

Hey Duff, It's been called a lot of things before but not Hoover. Anyway, like I always told Don - Thanks, but I'm straight.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest
avatar



Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!!   Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 12:00 am

Docrwm wrote:
Hey Duff, It's been called a lot of things before but not Hoover. Anyway, like I always told Don - Thanks, but I'm straight.

I'm glad to hear that but you're the one showing your APPLIANCES!!! LMAO!!!!
Back to top Go down
Budabear
Consigliere
Budabear


Posts : 3705
Join date : 2009-10-12
Location : Yonkers, NY

Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!!   Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 1:38 am

Cool Scuba Duff! I really like these Seiko's. Can your wife find me a good Hot Chocolate Maker? Lol
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest
avatar



Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!!   Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 5:02 am

Nice sumo.I have the blue one.I need a new crystal though.They tend to scratch.other then that,its a solid watch.Seiya offers a bracelet thats better than the anvil with the mm deployant.I bought one for mine.It really makes a difference.The one thing I noticed about the sumo is how heavy it is.you'd think that for its size,it wouldn't weigh much.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest
avatar



Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!!   Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 5:20 am

Budabear wrote:
Cool Scuba Duff! I really like these Seiko's. Can your wife find me a good Hot Chocolate Maker? Lol

Well Darius, it's Randy that snagged the scuba even though I envy his purchase. And my wife is far to busy PARTYING in THAILAND to find anything! LMAO!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest
avatar



Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!!   Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 9:22 am

yamahaki wrote:
The one thing I noticed about the sumo is how heavy it is.you'd think that for its size,it wouldn't weigh much.

Why would you think a watch called "sumo" would be anything other than heavy? Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Icon_wink
Isn't it 47mm?
Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Sumo
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka


Posts : 1985
Join date : 2009-06-15
Age : 48
Location : Tek-shsish

Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!!   Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 12:57 pm

You people are all Seiko fan boys!!!

Me too.

Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Icon_rolleyes
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest
avatar



Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!!   Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 1:02 pm

porschefan wrote:
yamahaki wrote:
The one thing I noticed about the sumo is how heavy it is.you'd think that for its size,it wouldn't weigh much.

Why would you think a watch called "sumo" would be anything other than heavy? Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Icon_wink
Isn't it 47mm?
Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Sumo


. . . Ha!!! Actually the nick-name Sumo was runner up to the original choice of moniker . . . . take a look at the 12 o'clock indice and tell me what you see . . . (rorschach test in progress) Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Icon_tongue
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest
avatar



Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!!   Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 1:14 pm

Better known as the Va-Jay-Jay Dial!(where babies come from!!)
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest
avatar



Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!!   Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 1:15 pm

porschefan wrote:
yamahaki wrote:
The one thing I noticed about the sumo is how heavy it is.you'd think that for its size,it wouldn't weigh much.

Why would you think a watch called "sumo" would be anything other than heavy? Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Icon_wink
Isn't it 47mm?
Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Sumo

46mm but wears smaller IMHO.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest
avatar



Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!!   Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 1:33 pm

Docrwm wrote:
porschefan wrote:
yamahaki wrote:
The one thing I noticed about the sumo is how heavy it is.you'd think that for its size,it wouldn't weigh much.

Why would you think a watch called "sumo" would be anything other than heavy? Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Icon_wink
Isn't it 47mm?
Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Sumo

46mm but wears smaller IMHO.


. . . agreed.
Back to top Go down
Budabear
Consigliere
Budabear


Posts : 3705
Join date : 2009-10-12
Location : Yonkers, NY

Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!!   Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 6:40 pm

bodypeersur1 wrote:
Budabear wrote:
Cool Scuba Duff! I really like these Seiko's. Can your wife find me a good Hot Chocolate Maker? Lol

Well Darius, it's Randy that snagged the scuba even though I envy his purchase. And my wife is far to busy PARTYING in THAILAND to find anything! LMAO!


Oops! Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Icon_cry
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest
avatar



Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!!   Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 1:43 pm

I considered it to be a heavy watch because of the weight of the watch without the bracelet attached.I compared it with my marathon sar.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest
avatar



Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!!   Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 10:54 pm

yamahaki wrote:
I considered it to be a heavy watch because of the weight of the watch without the bracelet attached.I compared it with my marathon sar.

. . . I think it has good weight to it as well Sean, actually I think it has close to a perfect weight.

I compare it to my 371 Kinetic . . . which weighs a ton . . . and the lesser weight makes it more comfortable than the 371. The bracelet is MUCH lighter . . . but still well made and not rattly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!!   Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
Yep, it's here . . . My Sumo!!!
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» The Seiko Sumo
» Sumo at TZ for $395 - looks to be a steal of a deal
» Seiko's new Prospex SUMO Chronographs
» Yeomans: Sumo vs. Orient 300m
» 1st photos - SBDC001 - Black Sumo

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum :: Welcome To The Lounge! :: Who Are You, What Did You Just Get, What do you have? :: New Arrivals-
Jump to: