The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

poll. promaster or velatura

Go down 
+2
Anomaly
thianwong
6 posters
AuthorMessage

poll. promaster or velatura Empty
PostSubject: poll. promaster or velatura   poll. promaster or velatura Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 4:48 pm

I've been looking at both of these.the citizen JY0075-54E
and the seiko velatura SNDA59
poll. promaster or velatura P7080007_edited-1

points for the promaster is eco and radio control.So best of everything.Atomic timekeeping and no battery.
poll. promaster or velatura VD1

The seiko.Massive with a sapphire crystal.Its a quartz though.I've got kinetic and kinetic direct drives already.
both have advantages.the seiko has the mm deployant also.
Back to top Go down
thianwong
Senior Associate

PostSubject: Re: poll. promaster or velatura   poll. promaster or velatura Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 5:23 pm

Both are very nice watches. The Citizen has lots of functions being an ana-digital model but in the end I found them to be really more for looks than acutal usage. Of coure if this were your ownly watch, and you actually had use of the various functions, then The Citizen is better.

On the other hand, the Velatura is big with lots of wrist present, high quality and older quartz movement. Likely less repair cost, if needed? I have no bias against quartz watches, owning lots of them. If I were forced to choose, I'd pick the Velatura....less is more sometimes. (function-wise)
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: poll. promaster or velatura   poll. promaster or velatura Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 5:34 pm

I like the Seiko MUCH better!

PostSubject: Re: poll. promaster or velatura   poll. promaster or velatura Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 6:34 pm

Anomaly wrote:
I like the Seiko MUCH better!

Good man.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: poll. promaster or velatura   poll. promaster or velatura Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 6:56 pm

Seiko definitely; not an ani-digi fans, hate the carbon fiber on the bezel of the Promaster...too Renatoish for me.
Back to top Go down
smellody
Consigliere
smellody

PostSubject: Re: poll. promaster or velatura   poll. promaster or velatura Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 7:23 pm

SEIKO!!!!!
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: poll. promaster or velatura   poll. promaster or velatura Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 7:27 pm

Have to say the Seiko Velatura looks especially good ! poll. promaster or velatura Icon_cyclops Fantastic hands,
markers, and dial on that one. The bezel, case, and bracelet seem outstanding
as well !..The Citizen is probably VERY VERY well made, but the Seiko just looks
SO cool imho. Still, either of them would probably be perfect for you ! Good luck !

Senior Associate
jackprime1

PostSubject: Re: poll. promaster or velatura   poll. promaster or velatura Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 7:28 pm

Seiko
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: poll. promaster or velatura   poll. promaster or velatura Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 8:01 pm

Is there a 3-hand model of that Velatura?

Cool Bracelet too!

Senior Associate
jackprime1

PostSubject: Re: poll. promaster or velatura   poll. promaster or velatura Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 8:24 pm

Anomaly wrote:
Is there a 3-hand model of that Velatura?

Cool Bracelet too!

a little different but here ya go: Seiko Gmt
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: poll. promaster or velatura   poll. promaster or velatura Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 10:05 pm

. . . Seiko. The ani-digi is not my thing personally, and I agree that the CF is too Renato-ish. A man can never have too many Seikos you know . . . poll. promaster or velatura Smiley-cool05
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: poll. promaster or velatura   poll. promaster or velatura Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 10:24 pm

I like the look of the Seiko better, but the Citizen give more bang for the buck IMO.

Eco-Drive - won't need a battery (well shouldn't but things happen)

Radio time correction - great as long as out time sync towers are in operation.

Oh, can also tell the time in Abu Dhabi.

poll. promaster or velatura Icon_rr
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: poll. promaster or velatura   poll. promaster or velatura Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 8:54 am

Seiko -- cleaner dial, no carbon fiber. Even though the promaster has eco-drive, it isn't enough to get past these two points.

PostSubject: Re: poll. promaster or velatura   poll. promaster or velatura Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 1:51 pm

I like the Velatura, I think it's got a tall bezel that turned me away, can't remember if it was this Seiko
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: poll. promaster or velatura   poll. promaster or velatura Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 4:36 pm

Well the poll says it all.I'll get the Velatura.I've already got citizens that are similar to this one.Thanks for the imput guys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: poll. promaster or velatura   poll. promaster or velatura Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

poll. promaster or velatura
Page 1 of 1