The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chapters Book store not one Watch Mag ... :evil:

Go down 
+2
merichar
sixtysix
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Chapters Book store not one Watch Mag ...  :evil: Empty
PostSubject: Chapters Book store not one Watch Mag ... :evil:   Chapters Book store not one Watch Mag ...  :evil: Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 3:31 pm

Chapters book store which should be the best stocked shop in town
does not have even one Watch mag ...
How's the watch mag stocks in your town?
Even bought
a watch magazine ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chapters Book store not one Watch Mag ... :evil:   Chapters Book store not one Watch Mag ...  :evil: Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 3:41 pm

A news stand in our area used to have 3 or 4, I was in there Thursday, one now. But then, there are a ton of empty spots there, through out the store.
Haven't been to the local Barnes and Noble in a while.
I do subscribe to Watch Time, and will buy others from time to time from stands.

Last edited by porschefan on Sat May 08, 2010 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chapters Book store not one Watch Mag ... :evil:   Chapters Book store not one Watch Mag ...  :evil: Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 4:24 pm

I subscribed to several at one time, mostly because I got free 1 year subscriptions. Found them to be incredibly tedious in that they only focused on completely BS watches and the maximally overpriced ones at that. The writers were, with a very few exceptions, dolts or posers IMHO who tried to come across as if they knew everything but in fact made repeated and obvious, to WIS anyway, errors. Now I stick with WIS sites and the actual manufacturers websites and I seem to get by just fine.
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: Chapters Book store not one Watch Mag ... :evil:   Chapters Book store not one Watch Mag ...  :evil: Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 5:35 pm

IW (International Watch) is my favorite and I subscribe! My local Barnes and Noble has 5 or 6 different watch mags. I just picked up an issue of Watch Times (I think) to read while I was waiting in the car. At least IW has acticles on Seiko, Citizen Etc and feature affordable watches in every issue. They also cover the high priced stuff you can't afford but over all I find it's the best for me. Chance to win a watch every issue with the crossword puzzle too......I won a NFW Autopilot, and had George Fox call me at home to congratualte me!

Chapters Book store not one Watch Mag ...  :evil: Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: Chapters Book store not one Watch Mag ... :evil:   Chapters Book store not one Watch Mag ...  :evil: Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 5:51 pm

First of all there are no book stores in my hometown-not even a grocery store. When I do go into the Portland area there are several Barnes & Nobles. The watch mag selection seems to vary by store, but most at least have IW and WatchTime. What I find curious is that they are usually stocked next to High Times and other alternative horticulture type mags. Its not uncommon to catch a few curious glances when browsing this section. Horticular-horology, must be alphabetized.
Back to top Go down
thianwong
Senior Associate

PostSubject: Re: Chapters Book store not one Watch Mag ... :evil:   Chapters Book store not one Watch Mag ...  :evil: Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 6:20 pm

A few mags are on the stands in Japan but devoted to high end Euro watches...boring!
This forum actually is the best for showing all kinds of models and independent makers! Thumbs up to XMT!
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: Chapters Book store not one Watch Mag ... :evil:   Chapters Book store not one Watch Mag ...  :evil: Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 6:42 pm

I get IW and I am pleased with it o far. The bookstores in my town do carry several watch magazines. I rarely go to the bookstores and if I do I rarely look at the magazines since getting IW and having online access for info.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Chapters Book store not one Watch Mag ... :evil:   Chapters Book store not one Watch Mag ...  :evil: Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 7:14 pm

There are alot of book stores near me, that seem to have a bunch of watch
magazines. Chapters Book store not one Watch Mag ...  :evil: Icon_smile I do look in them often, however most of the watches are off
the charts expensive, and since many of the watches that we like here aren't
talked about too much, I really don't buy them. The buyers guides are pretty
interesting also, but I guess I found out most of the same information here,
as well as other websites !

PostSubject: Docrwm   Chapters Book store not one Watch Mag ...  :evil: Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 7:20 pm

most USA based Mags seem to high light watches that seem to have paid ads in the mag
as well making it one big advertisement
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Chapters Book store not one Watch Mag ... :evil:   Chapters Book store not one Watch Mag ...  :evil: Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 7:27 pm

noahfuller wrote:
most USA based Mags seem to high light watches that seem to have paid ads in the mag
as well making it one big advertisement

You are definitely right about that Noah ! Chapters Book store not one Watch Mag ...  :evil: 803574 Sometimes it seems like most of the
watch magazines are made up of ads. What I do like, is seeing some of the smaller
micro-brands advertise though. That way we can get to learn about something new,
and then check out their websites later too !

PostSubject: Re: Chapters Book store not one Watch Mag ... :evil:   Chapters Book store not one Watch Mag ...  :evil: Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 8:20 pm

merichar wrote:
First of all there are no book stores in my hometown-not even a grocery store. When I do go into the Portland area there are several Barnes & Nobles. The watch mag selection seems to vary by store, but most at least have IW and WatchTime. What I find curious is that they are usually stocked next to High Times and other alternative horticulture type mags. Its not uncommon to catch a few curious glances when browsing this section. Horticular-horology, must be alphabetized.

Hmmm...you live in the backwoods of Oregon....you frequent boksellers with "horticultural" magazines.......and you're just there to look at watch magazines....... afro
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: Chapters Book store not one Watch Mag ... :evil:   Chapters Book store not one Watch Mag ...  :evil: Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 1:25 pm

I prefer these forums over magazines.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: indeed   Chapters Book store not one Watch Mag ...  :evil: Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 1:31 pm

I prefer this forum over magazines
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: watch mags   Chapters Book store not one Watch Mag ...  :evil: Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 1:38 pm

I dont mind paying for watch mags, because i dont see them often.
In Germany they have 2 or 3, and they are common, in Spain where i live now, none.
I work out of Holland most of all, and you see them from time to time, but not that often, i read ok-ish Dutch, so will buy them if i see them.

Was in the UK recently, and tried a few large book/magazine shops, and found nothing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chapters Book store not one Watch Mag ... :evil:   Chapters Book store not one Watch Mag ...  :evil: Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 1:57 pm

IW, Insync and the watch annual every year plus the basel and hong kong trade reports.Most of these mags have some good content in them.
You just have to sift through the fluff to find it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chapters Book store not one Watch Mag ... :evil:   Chapters Book store not one Watch Mag ...  :evil: Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 2:22 pm

Have a subscription for IW and use to with watchtime. Barnes & Noble has about 5 or 6 mags and they are always next to a big sweet pot plant or some beautiful black models in lingerie! Chapters Book store not one Watch Mag ...  :evil: 203558
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapters Book store not one Watch Mag ... :evil:   Chapters Book store not one Watch Mag ...  :evil: Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chapters Book store not one Watch Mag ... :evil:
Page 1 of 1