The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Well finally got my Z

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Well finally got my Z Empty
PostSubject: Well finally got my Z   Well finally got my Z Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 6:10 am

A while back I was goin on and on about wanting/getting a Z4 but pre owned prices took a pretty big jump over the last 6months + the wifey decided we needed to sell the house and buy a new condo which tightened the budget a tad. Also considering changing jobs which leaves us a little uncertain so went with a more affordable Z,lacks some of the interior quality and is noisier inside plus no drop top but it was also 10-15k cheaper lol. Its not clean since there is a water ban going on now since the flood here in Nashville so I cant wash it Sad Will take some more once I can get her cleaned up !

2004 Nissan 350Z 6speed <asfter market cold air intake and chip bumps her to 305bhp> plenty fast for me and still gets 32mpg at 75 on the highway Smile

Well finally got my Z 022JPGclose
Well finally got my Z 023JPGclose
Well finally got my Z 024
Well finally got my Z 025JPGclose
Well finally got my Z 027JPGclose
Well finally got my Z 028JPGclose
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Well finally got my Z   Well finally got my Z Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 7:58 am

Looks like a great choice to me James! Congratz on the new Zcar!
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: Well finally got my Z   Well finally got my Z Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 8:15 am

NICE CAR!!!! I'm really stoked for you.

I looked hard at those. Such a fun car. But you are so right on the interior quality. All the used ones we saw were trashed inside. I just didn't get it.

Finally we ended up with this (not my pic). Same engine from what I've read.
Well finally got my Z 01
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Well finally got my Z   Well finally got my Z Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 8:29 am

Congratulations. Glad you found one you like. I hate car shopping. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Well finally got my Z   Well finally got my Z Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 10:05 am

Sweet ride!!!! 305 horses....nice!!
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Well finally got my Z   Well finally got my Z Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 10:08 am

Congrats...great looking car!

I heard next years Ford Mustang V-6 will have 305 horses!

PostSubject: Re: Well finally got my Z   Well finally got my Z Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 11:39 am

Which/who's specially badged/prepped version of the Mustang?

Nice car James, good looking body lines on that Z. Seats look real comfortable. Love your full-frontal shot.
Glad to see it looks like you came through the floods alright. Plus white doesn't show dust as much as, say, black. Well finally got my Z Icon_twisted
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Well finally got my Z   Well finally got my Z Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 3:07 pm

Congratulations to you James !!! Your new car looks great ! The way that
roof slopes down is extra nice, and the whole car looks very futuristic !
...Enjoy it !

PostSubject: Re: Well finally got my Z   Well finally got my Z Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 3:15 pm

Damn fine car Well finally got my Z Icon_eek
Living in Norway you can only dream of cars like that, you dont even wanna know how much a car like that would set you back here Well finally got my Z 831531
Enjoy the hell out of it, shoulden`t be too difficult with 300bhp+ Well finally got my Z Icon_bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Well finally got my Z   Well finally got my Z Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 6:07 am

Anomaly wrote:
Congrats...great looking car!

I heard next years Ford Mustang V-6 will have 305 horses!

Yes it does but its a mustange,so crapier interior not to mention it handles likea boat,plus the damn things arnt made for a guy my size. My right knee is jammed into the console in both the current Stang and the previous model. I looked at a cpl Rousch's but between the horrid handling,cheap interior and how uncofortable they were I opted for something else.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Well finally got my Z   Well finally got my Z Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 6:11 am

PoliMalaka wrote:
NICE CAR!!!! I'm really stoked for you.

I looked hard at those. Such a fun car. But you are so right on the interior quality. All the used ones we saw were trashed inside. I just didn't get it.

Finally we ended up with this (not my pic). Same engine from what I've read.
Well finally got my Z 01

Most of the pre owned ones I looked at had clean interiors like mine but I did run accross a few that were roasted pretty bad. But if your looking at a Infiinity definately a quality level difference but then the 350z is made for speed,even in the touring still alot of silver/black plastic around the console area but you will pick up leather,heated seats and mirrors,self dimming rear veiw and power seats. But overall I am very happy with this and it came in under budget. Next one will be a more optioned up convertable or a z4 Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Well finally got my Z   Well finally got my Z Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 7:56 am

Good for you on getting the Z.

We have a Z club here in Nashville, although we haven't been real active lately.
www.middletennesseezclub.com

The national Z car convention will be in Nashville this summer.
www.zcon2010.com

For service and repairs, I highly recommend Crawford Z Car Service at 1622 State Street near Baptist Hospital downtown. They've worked on my car and our other Nissans since 1988, and are absolutely the best.
www.crawfordzcar.com

Here's my old Z at Tail of the Dragon at last year's ZDAYZ event held in North Carolina at Fontana Village Resort. It starts this year on May 20, but I'll miss it for the first time because of my daughter's high school graduation.

Well finally got my Z Dragon2009b
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: Well finally got my Z   Well finally got my Z Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 11:27 am

bigjamesdean wrote:
Yes it does but its a mustange,so crapier interior not to mention it handles likea boat,plus the damn things arnt made for a guy my size. My right knee is jammed into the console in both the current Stang and the previous model. I looked at a cpl Rousch's but between the horrid handling,cheap interior and how uncofortable they were I opted for something else.
Well said. let's put it out there. Mustangs are being made for women and men who long to be a part of the heritage. They cannot compete with other sports cars in any realm besides on paper. Yes, they throw a lot of engine at them, but in all other aspects it is a weekend drag strip car. If it were a true racing car, ford would have it competing with other GTs.

I'd take a Z over a mustang any day. Good choice James!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Well finally got my Z   Well finally got my Z Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 11:53 am

Datsun240Z71 wrote:
Good for you on getting the Z.

We have a Z club here in Nashville, although we haven't been real active lately.
www.middletennesseezclub.com

The national Z car convention will be in Nashville this summer.
www.zcon2010.com

For service and repairs, I highly recommend Crawford Z Car Service at 1622 State Street near Baptist Hospital downtown. They've worked on my car and our other Nissans since 1988, and are absolutely the best.
www.crawfordzcar.com

Here's my old Z at Tail of the Dragon at last year's ZDAYZ event held in North Carolina at Fontana Village Resort. It starts this year on May 20, but I'll miss it for the first time because of my daughter's high school graduation.

Well finally got my Z Dragon2009b

cool car!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Well finally got my Z   Well finally got my Z Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 7:55 pm

Congrats on the new sports car! I'm sure you'll get many miles of enjoyment out of it!

I used to own this G35 coupe as my daily driver:

Well finally got my Z Infiniti10

Well finally got my Z Infiniti6

Pretty much the same car as the 350Z with two extra seats. Same platform, same engine.

The car was plenty fast, handled well, and the factory exhaust note was intoxicating.

Sadly being RWD it was not a good for the snow and ice and my move to the frigid north forced me to sell it.

My wife still has her G35x AWD sedan but it just isn't the same...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Well finally got my Z   Well finally got my Z Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 2:11 am

Nice pics, Motegi. Classic lines on that car, too. Not like that GT-R blob. Gotta agree with you on how well they tuned the G35 exhaust note. It has a great sound.
They did about as well as Porsche has done on their 365HP Carrera S 6cyl. Well finally got my Z Icon_wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well finally got my Z   Well finally got my Z Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Well finally got my Z
Page 1 of 1