The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

battery changing for the accutron eagle

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

battery changing for the accutron eagle Empty
PostSubject: battery changing for the accutron eagle   battery changing for the accutron eagle Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 8:43 pm

Well,battery time again.I'm always surprised when opening up these quartz movements.This one was chock full of goodness.
I've had this accutron eagle Buzz Aldrin edition for about 3 years now.I noticed that its timekeeping was as good as my
Sinn UX which is a cosc quartz.
Well theres a good reason for it.Eta 251.232. 27 jewel thermocompensated movement from etas thermoline.Accuracy is
10 seconds a year.Wow.Breitling uses this in there cosc superquartz.what is thermocompensation?
This watch does not use a quartz movement vibrating at an unusually high frequency to achieve high accuracy. Instead, it is fitted with an ETA 251.232 movement that uses a standard 32kHz quartz oscillator combined with thermocompensation: Simply put, the watch is fitted with a temperature sensor which is used to correct the accuracy variation of the movement at different temperatures. This method of correction produces the 10 seconds a year accuracy.
battery changing for the accutron eagle 251232-6

So next time these pop up on a dod site,snag one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: battery changing for the accutron eagle   battery changing for the accutron eagle Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 8:59 pm

yamahaki wrote:
Well,battery time again.I'm always surprised when opening up these quartz movements.This one was chock full of goodness.
I've had this accutron eagle Buzz Aldrin edition for about 3 years now.I noticed that its timekeeping was as good as my
Sinn UX which is a cosc quartz.
Well theres a good reason for it.Eta 251.232. 27 jewel thermocompensated movement from etas thermoline.Accuracy is
10 seconds a year.Wow.Breitling uses this in there cosc superquartz.what is thermocompensation?
This watch does not use a quartz movement vibrating at an unusually high frequency to achieve high accuracy. Instead, it is fitted with an ETA 251.232 movement that uses a standard 32kHz quartz oscillator combined with thermocompensation: Simply put, the watch is fitted with a temperature sensor which is used to correct the accuracy variation of the movement at different temperatures. This method of correction produces the 10 seconds a year accuracy.
battery changing for the accutron eagle 251232-6

So next time these pop up on a dod site,snag one.

I recall you getting that particular watch at the time. It is what led me to purchasing mine. Seems that you still have the leather strap and deployant in addition to the bracelet battery changing for the accutron eagle 803574
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: battery changing for the accutron eagle   battery changing for the accutron eagle Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 9:28 pm

All KINDS of good info here!

PostSubject: Re: battery changing for the accutron eagle   battery changing for the accutron eagle Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 9:59 pm

I do remember that doc.On the affordables forum.I bought mine from the ad on bracelet and paid about 400.00 for it.
A day after I posted it, overstock clearanced them for 229.00.lol
I went ahead and ordered the strap from accutron.At the time,it was only 60.00 including the dual deployant.
At about the same time,I think it was amazon that did the blow out sale on the swiss army V1 200m .It also had this eta 251.232.
they sold them for 39.99.I bought a red,blue,and two womens versions.small by todays standards but the movements are worth
a small fortune.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: battery changing for the accutron eagle   battery changing for the accutron eagle Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 10:37 pm

Wow ! battery changing for the accutron eagle Icon_cyclops battery changing for the accutron eagle Icon_smile Very accurate, and VERY impressive Sean !
I'm learning something new with the Thermocompensation
theme by the way. This is ONE COOL quartz ! battery changing for the accutron eagle 803574 Also
seems like a REALLY nice price for such an accurate
watch !..Thanks for that info and picture !

sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: battery changing for the accutron eagle   battery changing for the accutron eagle Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 12:50 am

Nice surprize!! Great movement, thanks for showing us.

battery changing for the accutron eagle Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: battery changing for the accutron eagle   battery changing for the accutron eagle Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 7:51 am

yamahaki wrote:
I do remember that doc.On the affordables forum.I bought mine from the ad on bracelet and paid about 400.00 for it.
A day after I posted it, overstock clearanced them for 229.00.lol
I went ahead and ordered the strap from accutron.At the time,it was only 60.00 including the dual deployant.
At about the same time,I think it was amazon that did the blow out sale on the swiss army V1 200m .It also had this eta 251.232.
they sold them for 39.99.I bought a red,blue,and two womens versions.small by todays standards but the movements are worth
a small fortune.

That's right. I was lucky enough to get a white Eagle. I also bought 14 of the Swiss Army watches. Gave 12 away as gifts that Christmas. Best bargain in watches I ever saw.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: battery changing for the accutron eagle   battery changing for the accutron eagle Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 6:31 pm

Sorry for bumping but I've been trying to figure out which model the "accutron eagle Buzz Aldrin edition" is exactly? All I've found so far are the 26B62, 26B63 and 26B64 but these all have a "flyback" feature so they can't be using the ETA 251.232, thanks !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: battery changing for the accutron eagle   battery changing for the accutron eagle Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 8:03 pm

webvan wrote:
Sorry for bumping but I've been trying to figure out which model the "accutron eagle Buzz Aldrin edition" is exactly? All I've found so far are the 26B62, 26B63 and 26B64 but these all have a "flyback" feature so they can't be using the ETA 251.232, thanks !

ETA 251.292 - 26B63
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: battery changing for the accutron eagle   battery changing for the accutron eagle Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 8:46 pm

Thanks, makes sense, but I'm confused as to why the OP found the 251.232 in his watch then. Maybe it got repaired and another module got partially subsituted? You can't tell from his picture whether there are C+ and C- calibration terminals just below the battery like on the "normal" 251.232 movements :

battery changing for the accutron eagle ETA%20251.232

The 251.292 really doesn't look very different from the back other than the missing C+/C- terminals :

battery changing for the accutron eagle ETA%20251.292

I'm intrigued by the "swiss army V1 200m" too, any specific reference ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: battery changing for the accutron eagle   battery changing for the accutron eagle Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 9:35 pm

webvan wrote:
Thanks, makes sense, but I'm confused as to why the OP found the 251.232 in his watch then. Maybe it got repaired and another module got partially subsituted? You can't tell from his picture whether there are C+ and C- calibration terminals just below the battery like on the "normal" 251.232 movements :

battery changing for the accutron eagle ETA%20251.232

The 251.292 really doesn't look very different from the back other than the missing C+/C- terminals :

battery changing for the accutron eagle ETA%20251.292

I'm intrigued by the "swiss army V1 200m" too, any specific reference ?

Swiss Army V-7 models with the Model #23 being a chrono with 251.262, 200m wr, SS, Sapphire, etc. all for $43 shipped 4 years ago at Christmas time as the loss-leader for a, then, new TV Watch show with Tim Temple. Show is long gone but the watches keep on ticking.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: battery changing for the accutron eagle   battery changing for the accutron eagle Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 9:56 pm

Great deal indeed, but since it was the 251.262 not thermocompensated ;-)

Still hoping the 251.232 in the "accutron eagle Buzz Aldrin edition" can be resolved !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: battery changing for the accutron eagle   battery changing for the accutron eagle Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 2:04 pm

Can somebody explain the functions of this watch. I recently got one from a friend who passed away and have no idea what all the the hands and buttons do or how it works.

I know how to start and stop and reset the chrono, but what is the 3rd pusher at 10 o'clock do?

What is the extra hand for and how do you use it.
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: battery changing for the accutron eagle   battery changing for the accutron eagle Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 6:18 pm

Greg, it is push button for a dual time chrono. Here is more info:

http://watchmen.forum-nation.com/t12-accutron-eagle-pilot
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: battery changing for the accutron eagle   battery changing for the accutron eagle Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 6:43 pm

Thanks John,
The problem I have is I push the 3rd pusher and nothing happens. I'm beginning to wonder if this watch is broken? I can do everything but activate the split timing feature.
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: battery changing for the accutron eagle   battery changing for the accutron eagle Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 7:00 pm

Hey Greg, have you tried starting the chrono with the 2:00 button then stopping by pressing the 10:00 button?

FROM WUS:
Re: Please help with Accutron.
I also own an Eagle Pilot. What you don't realize from the discussion so far is that it is a rattrapante (hope the spelling is correct...) which means it actually has two sweep second hands for the chronograph function. Normally, they stay one on top of the other, so you may not even realize there are two. But by pressing the button at the 10:00 position when the chronograph is running, you will stop just one of the second hands while the other continues (for timing a second runner, for example) until you stop the chronograph normally with the pusher at the 2:00 position. You can then see the difference between the two things being timed! Besides that, it's also got a flyback complication. Just a ton of features for the money and great fit and finish to boot. You just can't go wrong... Enjoy it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: battery changing for the accutron eagle   battery changing for the accutron eagle Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 1:52 pm

Northwestguy wrote:
Hey Greg, have you tried starting the chrono with the 2:00 button then stopping by pressing the 10:00 button?

FROM WUS:
Re: Please help with Accutron.
I also own an Eagle Pilot. What you don't realize from the discussion so far is that it is a rattrapante (hope the spelling is correct...) which means it actually has two sweep second hands for the chronograph function. Normally, they stay one on top of the other, so you may not even realize there are two. But by pressing the button at the 10:00 position when the chronograph is running, you will stop just one of the second hands while the other continues (for timing a second runner, for example) until you stop the chronograph normally with the pusher at the 2:00 position. You can then see the difference between the two things being timed! Besides that, it's also got a flyback complication. Just a ton of features for the money and great fit and finish to boot. You just can't go wrong... Enjoy it!

I found the instructions for the watch online, but I can't get the second chrono hand to even start. I know how to use the flyback function but the second chrono hand just sits there.

I can reset and zero all the hands but that 2nd chrono hand just sits there. Here is a link to the watch movement:

http://www.bulova.com/system/documents/22/original/573.pdf?1296135645
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: battery changing for the accutron eagle   battery changing for the accutron eagle Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

battery changing for the accutron eagle
Page 1 of 1