The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is up with getting a watch and selling it the same day?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

What is up with getting a watch and selling it the same day? Empty
PostSubject: What is up with getting a watch and selling it the same day?   What is up with getting a watch and selling it the same day? Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 9:41 pm

Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: What is up with getting a watch and selling it the same day?   What is up with getting a watch and selling it the same day? Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 9:48 pm

Its called catch and release. It just does'nt sing to me. I was hoping this 48mm watch would fit my 6 inch wrist. Must sacrifice to pay for incoming watches. Hate to let this one go but I am chasing a grail. I'll probably regret it but....fill in the blank. Who was it that coined the pump and dump sales method?
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: What is up with getting a watch and selling it the same day?   What is up with getting a watch and selling it the same day? Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 9:49 pm

I actually kinda like this one!

Anyone else?

What is up with getting a watch and selling it the same day? D0ad4789

PostSubject: Re: What is up with getting a watch and selling it the same day?   What is up with getting a watch and selling it the same day? Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 9:50 pm

Is the blue that hideous in person that it isn't a keeper? Seems like nice specs, good quality from the blurbs. No idea why both of these brand new <1 hour old watches would be put up immediately like that - weird.

BTW, neither guy is giving much of a deal on these as they are $575 shipped from the maker and I believe, correct me if I am wrong Sean, that the warranty is NOT transferable on these so you loose bigtime if there is a problem by buying from these guys instead of Orsa directly.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: What is up with getting a watch and selling it the same day?   What is up with getting a watch and selling it the same day? Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 10:10 pm

Hmm, that is fast ! I guess it's like Mark says with the "just doesn't sing to me" theme !
Or like Doc says, maybe the look or color of the dial isn't what was expected ! I guess
they just didn't like it, like they thought ! I actually like that watch also, and the dial is
really different. Kind of like the blue on that Artego Diver ! What is up with getting a watch and selling it the same day? Icon_smile

PostSubject: Re: What is up with getting a watch and selling it the same day?   What is up with getting a watch and selling it the same day? Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 12:20 am

Non transferable warranty.Doesn't really matter on these.orsas rarely have any problems.
I think people got in on the preorder, got them and realised the color combination and handsets didn't look any better
in person than in the drawings. They have a cartoon quality to the color and wierd hand sizes.
Some will flip before the preorder is finished.We'll see plenty of them up for sale.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is up with getting a watch and selling it the same day?   What is up with getting a watch and selling it the same day? Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 12:32 am

yamahaki wrote:
Non transferable warranty.Doesn't really matter on these.orsas rarely have any problems.
I think people got in on the preorder, got them and realised the color combination and handsets didn't look any better
in person than in the drawings. They have a cartoon quality to the color and wierd hand sizes.
Some will flip before the preorder is finished.We'll see plenty of them up for sale.

For only around $25 more you get the warranty. I know they don't often have problems but that's not much for peace of mind IMHO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is up with getting a watch and selling it the same day?   What is up with getting a watch and selling it the same day? Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 12:39 am

I wasn't thinking about the price doc.You are correct of course. I see these dropping to 450.00 on the sales corners within the next
two weeks.Theres so many forum watches coming out in this price range.Wonder which company will make the most sales?

But when I look at them,I'm more inclined today to buy a new citizen or seiko before dropping coin on the forum brands..................
wait,I already did that with two citizens and a velatura.lol no warranty issues to be concerned with.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is up with getting a watch and selling it the same day?   What is up with getting a watch and selling it the same day? Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 12:44 am

yamahaki wrote:
I wasn't thinking about the price doc.You are correct of course. I see these dropping to 450.00 on the sales corners within the next
two weeks.Theres so many forum watches coming out in this price range.Wonder which company will make the most sales?

You keep up with these so much more closely, I believe you about the price drop. The color does seem.....off to me. Funny the website indicates two other colors, neither of which sold as well as the blue.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is up with getting a watch and selling it the same day?   What is up with getting a watch and selling it the same day? Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 1:01 am

Heres what I think about this blue color doc and why its not working in person. This color is called powder blue.
I was an ase certified painter for most of my working career.When not doing dealer work,I had my own shop to do custom work.
This color looks good in the color catalog but when sprayed on an entire car? it looks pretty bad.Dodge painted afew models
using this color.They didn't exactly sell many of them.Also,what color is it really? whats Bergs color settings hes using for the
cad drawings and which monitor did he use when editing the photos? which pantone colors?
I can't really say what color of blue it is unless both monitors are set to the same color dynamics.
people rarely get into the color settings on their monitors other than contrast and adjusting the black levels.Most are using laptops
with lcds.If these images were posted from a crt monitor then the colors going to be way off since lcd screens have a much greater
range of colors and pixels.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: What is up with getting a watch and selling it the same day?   What is up with getting a watch and selling it the same day? Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 1:04 am

I really dont think the blue looks that bad What is up with getting a watch and selling it the same day? Icon_scratch

PostSubject: Re: What is up with getting a watch and selling it the same day?   What is up with getting a watch and selling it the same day? Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 1:45 am

. . . don't like the hands, the bezel(s) or the blue. Some people get caught up in the owning ore to say they own one syndrom. Remorse sets in and away they go.

. . . now the Seiko on the other hand . . . . What is up with getting a watch and selling it the same day? Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is up with getting a watch and selling it the same day?   What is up with getting a watch and selling it the same day? Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 2:21 am

Pre order and you dont like and it's got to go! most time it will be something like its the baddest watch ever but a little too big or the strap i had planned on using just wont work! You cant say it showed up and you think it sucks or you couldnt sell it! Most times you still get a great price on a brand new watch but if the warrenty isnt transferable it's not worth saving 30 bones!
Back to top Go down
pacifichrono
Senior Associate
pacifichrono

PostSubject: Re: What is up with getting a watch and selling it the same day?   What is up with getting a watch and selling it the same day? Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 2:36 am

I've gotta say that's happened to me more than once before. As soon as I opened the package it was a downer - - just didn't have the same look as the photos. I probably didn't put them up for sale the same day, but it was close!
Back to top Go down
http://www.pacifichrono.com

PostSubject: Re: What is up with getting a watch and selling it the same day?   What is up with getting a watch and selling it the same day? Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 9:24 am

I'm not picking at the sellers, just weird that two of 50 would come in and go up within 1 hour. Says something to me about the watch. I think Sean's view is probably right - the color sounded good in theory but in reality its.....clownish. (Sorry Alan but I think they've seen it in real life and you haven't = but maybe you'll like it, I mean you like ...well...anyway...).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is up with getting a watch and selling it the same day?   What is up with getting a watch and selling it the same day? Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 9:32 am

One of the sellers had another watch with a blue face "show up yesterday"......perhaps that explains the quick flip on that one?

http://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?p=3012670#poststop
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: What is up with getting a watch and selling it the same day?   What is up with getting a watch and selling it the same day? Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 11:22 am

I like the case, the bracelet, case back...

...maybe it looks better in Orange?

Senior Associate
pacifichrono

PostSubject: Re: What is up with getting a watch and selling it the same day?   What is up with getting a watch and selling it the same day? Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 12:02 pm

Actually, the watch looks kind of attractive in this photo, but I could see how in a different light it might look "clownish."

What is up with getting a watch and selling it the same day? Fc30ab87
Back to top Go down
http://www.pacifichrono.com
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: What is up with getting a watch and selling it the same day?   What is up with getting a watch and selling it the same day? Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 1:40 pm

I will give this props too...

...doesn't look like TWELVE other micro-brands.

PostSubject: Re: What is up with getting a watch and selling it the same day?   What is up with getting a watch and selling it the same day? Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 3:55 pm

Anomaly wrote:
I will give this props too...

...doesn't look like TWELVE other micro-brands.

No, it certainly does not. Perhaps the others all look the same because that is really what buyer actually like?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is up with getting a watch and selling it the same day?   What is up with getting a watch and selling it the same day? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is up with getting a watch and selling it the same day?
Page 1 of 1