The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Interesting similarities

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Interesting similarities Empty
PostSubject: Interesting similarities   Interesting similarities Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 9:35 pm

When Prometheus came out with their initial chrono there was some backlash from Kobold over the design.

KOBOLD
Interesting similarities KOBOLDPH1
PROMETHEUS
Interesting similarities 388Q4652_u

But there is another, older design, that is still available. So just who should be upset with whom about which design?
Interesting similarities Wa-sin-0009-a
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Interesting similarities   Interesting similarities Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 9:40 pm

Sinn, bell and ross, Fortis,Kobold,Heuer,etc.When that was pointed out about how much it looked like the Kobold,Carlos sent a letter
to Kobold and apologised about the similarities.Pretty stupid move by carlos.He should have have ignored the comments and
balsed it out instead of admitting it to Kobold.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Interesting similarities   Interesting similarities Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 9:40 pm

How many different ways can you do a black dial chrono?

Geez...

PostSubject: Re: Interesting similarities   Interesting similarities Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 9:57 pm

yamahaki wrote:
Sinn, bell and ross, Fortis,Kobold,Heuer,etc.When that was pointed out about how much it looked like the Kobold,Carlos sent a letter
to Kobold and apologised about the similarities.Pretty stupid move by carlos.He should have have ignored the comments and
balsed it out instead of admitting it to Kobold.

Much as I dislike Prometheus' management, I agree completely. Frankly, Kobold took a current Sinn design and tweaked it in my opinion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Interesting similarities   Interesting similarities Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 12:15 am

outside of being a chrono, I don't see the Sinn in either. Bezel and pushers, crown guard all differ. Interesting similarities 71883
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Interesting similarities   Interesting similarities Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 12:18 am

wagon wrote:
outside of being a chrono, I don't see the Sinn in either. Bezel and pushers, crown guard all differ. Interesting similarities 71883

Interesting similarities 61163
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Interesting similarities   Interesting similarities Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 12:20 am

Anomaly wrote:

Geez...

Winner Interesting similarities 803574 lock the thread. Interesting similarities Icon_wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Interesting similarities   Interesting similarities Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 12:29 am

porschefan wrote:
Anomaly wrote:

Geez...

Winner Interesting similarities 803574 lock the thread. Interesting similarities Icon_wink

Ah, might I remind you that as great a guy as Alan is (and you are Alan, I don't care what Trev mutters), he is still suffering from serious delusions and we have to take his comments regarding Chronos with a grain of salt. drunken
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Interesting similarities   Interesting similarities Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 12:30 am

Docrwm wrote:
porschefan wrote:
Anomaly wrote:

Geez...

Ah, might I remind you that as great a guy as Alan is (and you are Alan, I don't care what Trev mutters), he is still suffering from serious delusions and we have to take his comments regarding Chronos with a grain of salt. drunken

HA!! Yes there is that, too, Robert.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Interesting similarities   Interesting similarities Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 12:49 am

I guess the Interesting Similarities theme is something that we will
always see when it comes to watches, and the watch industry. It
seems like you notice it more and more, the longer you follow, or
are interested in the hobby ! It's VERY interesting ! Interesting similarities Suspect ..Thx ! Interesting similarities Icon_smile

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interesting similarities   Interesting similarities Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Interesting similarities
Page 1 of 1