The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.


A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !
 
HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

 

 112 on a bracelet?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly


Posts : 7125
Join date : 2009-11-13
Age : 58
Location : Tampa, Florida

112 on a bracelet? Empty
PostSubject: 112 on a bracelet?   112 on a bracelet? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 4:23 pm

Ok, so let's say my Panerai don't sell for what I want to get for it and I decide to keep it...

THE MAIN REASON I am selling it is because it lacks WEIGHT on the wrist. That said, has anyone seen a 112 on a bracelet that looks good?

____________________________________
112 on a bracelet? ANOMALYSIG2A-1
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest
avatar



112 on a bracelet? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 112 on a bracelet?   112 on a bracelet? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 4:29 pm

112 on a bracelet? Bl75_1
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema


Posts : 4263
Join date : 2009-07-08
Age : 111
Location : CT

112 on a bracelet? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 112 on a bracelet?   112 on a bracelet? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 4:37 pm

Don, I swear that you have some sort of watch photo database out there...that was quick!

____________________________________
M A R K
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly


Posts : 7125
Join date : 2009-11-13
Age : 58
Location : Tampa, Florida

112 on a bracelet? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 112 on a bracelet?   112 on a bracelet? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 4:40 pm

I sooooooooooo wish the case was BRUSHED. It would be much easier.

I have no use for a high polish bracelet...grrrrrrrrrrrr.

____________________________________
112 on a bracelet? ANOMALYSIG2A-1
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka


Posts : 1985
Join date : 2009-06-15
Age : 48
Location : Tek-shsish

112 on a bracelet? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 112 on a bracelet?   112 on a bracelet? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 4:56 pm

You're selling it because it's not heavy enough? Wow. That's just nuts. I'm not knocking your preference, but I prefer it when I can barely tell I'm wearing a watch.

You're sick dude. Seriously.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest
avatar



112 on a bracelet? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 112 on a bracelet?   112 on a bracelet? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 4:59 pm

He needs to feel the weight of his watch, because of guns like these:

112 on a bracelet? Bodybuilder
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest
avatar



112 on a bracelet? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 112 on a bracelet?   112 on a bracelet? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 6:19 pm

PoliMalaka wrote:
You're selling it because it's not heavy enough? Wow. That's just nuts. I'm not knocking your preference, but I prefer it when I can barely tell I'm wearing a watch.

You're sick dude. Seriously.

Treading on thin ice my friend. Shocked

Lots of us like to know we're wearing a watch. I prefer SS for that reason and SS bracelets on them too.
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka


Posts : 1985
Join date : 2009-06-15
Age : 48
Location : Tek-shsish

112 on a bracelet? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 112 on a bracelet?   112 on a bracelet? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 6:24 pm

Docrwm wrote:
PoliMalaka wrote:
You're selling it because it's not heavy enough? Wow. That's just nuts. I'm not knocking your preference, but I prefer it when I can barely tell I'm wearing a watch.

You're sick dude. Seriously.

Treading on thin ice my friend. Shocked

Lots of us like to know we're wearing a watch. I prefer SS for that reason and SS bracelets on them too.
Another one!
112 on a bracelet? 252943

It is so good to know I'm in such good company with this sickness. The nuance and subtly that drives us mad is one of the things I love about the hobby. I just like to know I'm not the only one.

Whew...

I like it. 112 on a bracelet? Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka


Posts : 1985
Join date : 2009-06-15
Age : 48
Location : Tek-shsish

112 on a bracelet? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 112 on a bracelet?   112 on a bracelet? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 6:25 pm

112 on a bracelet? Lol
porschefan wrote:
He needs to feel the weight of his watch, because of guns like these:

112 on a bracelet? Bodybuilder
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest
avatar



112 on a bracelet? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 112 on a bracelet?   112 on a bracelet? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 6:26 pm

PoliMalaka wrote:
Docrwm wrote:
PoliMalaka wrote:
You're selling it because it's not heavy enough? Wow. That's just nuts. I'm not knocking your preference, but I prefer it when I can barely tell I'm wearing a watch.

You're sick dude. Seriously.

Treading on thin ice my friend. Shocked

Lots of us like to know we're wearing a watch. I prefer SS for that reason and SS bracelets on them too.
Another one!
112 on a bracelet? 252943

It is so good to know I'm in such good company with this sickness. The nuance and subtly that drives us mad is one of the things I love about the hobby. I just like to know I'm not the only one.

Whew...

I like it. 112 on a bracelet? Icon_cheers

Yup. We all have our preferences. For instance, I hear there are even people who choose to buy Rolex watches 112 on a bracelet? 71883
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest
avatar



112 on a bracelet? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 112 on a bracelet?   112 on a bracelet? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 7:14 pm

send it to me all take some scotch-brite and sandpaper to it! Could always have it repolished if you ever wanted to sale it! Be pretty cool sanding away on a panny! 112 on a bracelet? 252943
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest
avatar



112 on a bracelet? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 112 on a bracelet?   112 on a bracelet? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 7:21 pm

cali kid wrote:
send it to me all take some scotch-brite and sandpaper to it! Could always have it repolished if you ever wanted to sale it! Be pretty cool sanding away on a panny! 112 on a bracelet? 252943

Ha, I was thinking the same thing, Tevor.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly


Posts : 7125
Join date : 2009-11-13
Age : 58
Location : Tampa, Florida

112 on a bracelet? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 112 on a bracelet?   112 on a bracelet? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 7:24 pm

cali kid wrote:
send it to me all take some scotch-brite and sandpaper to it! Could always have it repolished if you ever wanted to sale it! Be pretty cool sanding away on a panny! 112 on a bracelet? 252943

YIKES!

____________________________________
112 on a bracelet? ANOMALYSIG2A-1
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest
avatar



112 on a bracelet? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 112 on a bracelet?   112 on a bracelet? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 7:26 pm

Anomaly wrote:
cali kid wrote:
send it to me all take some scotch-brite and sandpaper to it! Could always have it repolished if you ever wanted to sale it! Be pretty cool sanding away on a panny! 112 on a bracelet? 252943

YIKES!

Don't be afraid, Alan, look how nice the Sinn bracelet turned out. 112 on a bracelet? 588107
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest
avatar



112 on a bracelet? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 112 on a bracelet?   112 on a bracelet? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 7:32 pm

i will mask up the crystal with tape, no problems!! 112 on a bracelet? Affraid
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest
avatar



112 on a bracelet? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 112 on a bracelet?   112 on a bracelet? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 7:41 pm

andrema wrote:
Don, I swear that you have some sort of watch photo database out there...that was quick!


Photos galore out there...................Its called google......lol... 112 on a bracelet? Icon_biggrin



Alan, you have to ask yourself if you love the panny.......This is not a $300 watch, this is a true timepiece and an investment. IF you do not absolutely love it, buying a bracelet for it, probably wont do the trick. Figure that out first, and if you dont love it, sell it, leave it up for sale for awhile, someone will buy it im sure, and then get what you really want. In my opinion, once you get into these high end pieces, they should not be something that is flipped alot, figure out the grail you really want, and get it. And who knows, maybe after searching for the "FORCE", youll realize maybe that it was the panny..........or , maybe its an Inflicta(sorry, I had to. 112 on a bracelet? Icon_tongue )
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest
avatar



112 on a bracelet? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 112 on a bracelet?   112 on a bracelet? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 7:51 pm

Or maybe it's the simplicity of a one hander?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest
avatar



112 on a bracelet? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 112 on a bracelet?   112 on a bracelet? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 8:20 pm

Docrwm wrote:
Or maybe it's the simplicity of a one hander?


But he's been drooling over nearly every GMT he's seen. So will a single hand do it for him?
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw


Posts : 1936
Join date : 2010-01-06

112 on a bracelet? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 112 on a bracelet?   112 on a bracelet? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 8:36 pm

The closest I'll probably ever get.

112 on a bracelet? IWI_MarineDiver_jaw_01-vi
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly


Posts : 7125
Join date : 2009-11-13
Age : 58
Location : Tampa, Florida

112 on a bracelet? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 112 on a bracelet?   112 on a bracelet? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 8:57 pm

jaw wrote:
The closest I'll probably ever get.

112 on a bracelet? IWI_MarineDiver_jaw_01-vi

Looks cool Jaw!

____________________________________
112 on a bracelet? ANOMALYSIG2A-1
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly


Posts : 7125
Join date : 2009-11-13
Age : 58
Location : Tampa, Florida

112 on a bracelet? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 112 on a bracelet?   112 on a bracelet? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 9:07 pm

tattoo chef wrote:
andrema wrote:
Don, I swear that you have some sort of watch photo database out there...that was quick!


Photos galore out there...................Its called google......lol... 112 on a bracelet? Icon_biggrin



Alan, you have to ask yourself if you love the panny.......This is not a $300 watch, this is a true timepiece and an investment. IF you do not absolutely love it, buying a bracelet for it, probably wont do the trick. Figure that out first, and if you dont love it, sell it, leave it up for sale for awhile, someone will buy it im sure, and then get what you really want. In my opinion, once you get into these high end pieces, they should not be something that is flipped alot, figure out the grail you really want, and get it. And who knows, maybe after searching for the "FORCE", youll realize maybe that it was the panny..........or , maybe its an Inflicta(sorry, I had to. 112 on a bracelet? Icon_tongue )

I'm not sure I qualify as a HIGH END flipper yet. I have the Panerai, I really like it but...

...now feel after having it and the LM7, I would rather have the Omega Ploprof.

That said, I was willing to low ball some Zodiacs to get rid of them, I will keep the Panerai before I give it away...

____________________________________
112 on a bracelet? ANOMALYSIG2A-1
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema


Posts : 4263
Join date : 2009-07-08
Age : 111
Location : CT

112 on a bracelet? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 112 on a bracelet?   112 on a bracelet? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 9:14 pm

porschefan wrote:
Docrwm wrote:
Or maybe it's the simplicity of a one hander?


But he's been drooling over nearly every GMT he's seen. So will a single hand do it for him?
Problem solved!!! Alan can get a watch with just a GMT hand 112 on a bracelet? Icon_cheers

____________________________________
M A R K
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest
avatar



112 on a bracelet? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 112 on a bracelet?   112 on a bracelet? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 9:27 pm

andrema wrote:
porschefan wrote:
Docrwm wrote:
Or maybe it's the simplicity of a one hander?


But he's been drooling over nearly every GMT he's seen. So will a single hand do it for him?
Problem solved!!! Alan can get a watch with just a GMT hand 112 on a bracelet? Icon_cheers

Or this?

112 on a bracelet? Abacus_watch_silver-2
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly


Posts : 7125
Join date : 2009-11-13
Age : 58
Location : Tampa, Florida

112 on a bracelet? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 112 on a bracelet?   112 on a bracelet? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 9:30 pm

No respect man, no respect... 112 on a bracelet? Icon_rolleyes

____________________________________
112 on a bracelet? ANOMALYSIG2A-1
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest
avatar



112 on a bracelet? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 112 on a bracelet?   112 on a bracelet? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 10:46 pm

porschefan wrote:
andrema wrote:
porschefan wrote:
Docrwm wrote:
Or maybe it's the simplicity of a one hander?


But he's been drooling over nearly every GMT he's seen. So will a single hand do it for him?
Problem solved!!! Alan can get a watch with just a GMT hand 112 on a bracelet? Icon_cheers

Or this?

112 on a bracelet? Abacus_watch_silver-2

Clean. Uncomplicated. It's a win!

Oh, but wait. Does it come in brushed? scratch
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest
avatar



112 on a bracelet? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 112 on a bracelet?   112 on a bracelet? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 11:50 pm

Find one you are willing to wear and not think about its future value.Its that simple.
Buy one that will never be on the sales corners in the future.You did that long before these forums were here.
I use a rolex as a work watch.I've beaten the crap out of it and each mark has a story to tell.
At the moment,the only story your panerai can tell is how dark it is in the storage box.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly


Posts : 7125
Join date : 2009-11-13
Age : 58
Location : Tampa, Florida

112 on a bracelet? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 112 on a bracelet?   112 on a bracelet? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 12:13 am

yamahaki wrote:
Find one you are willing to wear and not think about its future value.Its that simple.
Buy one that will never be on the sales corners in the future.You did that long before these forums were here.
I use a rolex as a work watch.I've beaten the crap out of it and each mark has a story to tell.
At the moment,the only story your panerai can tell is how dark it is in the storage box.

Don't get me wrong, I wish I had the funds so that I could keep BOTH! But between the two, I would rather have the Ploprof...

____________________________________
112 on a bracelet? ANOMALYSIG2A-1
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw


Posts : 1936
Join date : 2010-01-06

112 on a bracelet? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 112 on a bracelet?   112 on a bracelet? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 12:44 am

Personally if I EVER had a Panny - I would NEVER sell it.
Well only in a dire emergency.

Anyway...
Seems like selling the Panny for the Omega is 1 step forward 2 steps back.

The O7 is Proplof vibe enough to hold you till you can have both.
Same thing I'm doing with my Marine Diver.

Would never consider selling my PO towards a Panny or anything in that league.
Course in that case it would be 2 steps forward 1 back.

But that's just me.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest
avatar



112 on a bracelet? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 112 on a bracelet?   112 on a bracelet? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 1:25 am

jaw wrote:
Personally if I EVER had a Panny - I would NEVER sell it.
Well only in a dire emergency.

Anyway...
Seems like selling the Panny for the Omega is 1 step forward 2 steps back.

The O7 is Proplof vibe enough to hold you till you can have both.
Same thing I'm doing with my Marine Diver.

Would never consider selling my PO towards a Panny or anything in that league.
Course in that case it would be 2 steps forward 1 back.

But that's just me.


Great points, Jaw. I've really wanted a couple of square watches (ie, Heuer Monaco or Silverstone) but I'm just afraid that sooner opposed to later, I'll grow tired of that shape case; and truth be told, if the ProPlof wasn't so gigantic to start with, I'd still go Panny, classic shape and design... Ploprof is pretty specific.
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka


Posts : 1985
Join date : 2009-06-15
Age : 48
Location : Tek-shsish

112 on a bracelet? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 112 on a bracelet?   112 on a bracelet? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 1:56 am

Docrwm wrote:
Yup. We all have our preferences. For instance, I hear there are even people who choose to buy Rolex watches 112 on a bracelet? 71883
I know I'm late to the partyy but I just about died when I read that. 112 on a bracelet? 744742
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere
avatar


Posts : 18057
Join date : 2009-08-25
Age : 51
Location : New Jersey

112 on a bracelet? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 112 on a bracelet?   112 on a bracelet? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 3:34 am

Alan, looked around alot, and it seems like mostly straps for
your Pam 112 ! 112 on a bracelet? Icon_eek ..There are also a bunch of bracelets that
aren't made by Panerai, but I'm not sure you would want one
on that watch, that wasn't actually genuine !..It's odd how it's
mostly all different types of straps though, from rubber, and
leather to synthetic. Here are some links you probably have
already seen..

http://www.panerai.com/s_page.xpd?id_lingua=2&id_sezione=19

http://www.paneristi.com/straps/vendome.html

http://www.panatime.com/

http://www.paneraisource.com/buckles_straps.shtml

http://www.watchtailor.com/Panerai-bands

____________________________________
112 on a bracelet? NewSigcopy
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest
avatar



112 on a bracelet? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 112 on a bracelet?   112 on a bracelet? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 3:38 am

Anomaly wrote:
yamahaki wrote:
Find one you are willing to wear and not think about its future value.Its that simple.
Buy one that will never be on the sales corners in the future.You did that long before these forums were here.
I use a rolex as a work watch.I've beaten the crap out of it and each mark has a story to tell.
At the moment,the only story your panerai can tell is how dark it is in the storage box.

Don't get me wrong, I wish I had the funds so that I could keep BOTH! But between the two, I would rather have the Ploprof...

I have the ploprof and it already has character marks on it.The new mesh and deployant really makes the watch wear well.
I'd get rid of the lm-7 though when the omega arrives.That will get rid of the temptation to wear the ocean to save wear on the
omega.You really need that one lifetime watch.Hopefully,the ploprof will be it.
I have alot of watches.Most are dedicated designs and movements and are mainly for display only.Then I have many that I bought
and tried and aren't working out like I thought they would and those are the ones I sell and trade.Then theres the rotation watches
that never get sold.I've had them for years.Every once in awhile I'll add another to the daily wear group.
I hope this one works out for you.I'd not worry about the time its taking for the panerai to get sold.Higher priced watches always takes longer.
Also timing plays a roll.At the moment,theres 5 of your models on the sales corners.Until the lower priced ones move,you'll just have to wait.
Eventually,someone whos looking for your specific watch will show up and buy it.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly


Posts : 7125
Join date : 2009-11-13
Age : 58
Location : Tampa, Florida

112 on a bracelet? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 112 on a bracelet?   112 on a bracelet? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 8:27 am

yamahaki wrote:
Anomaly wrote:
yamahaki wrote:
Find one you are willing to wear and not think about its future value.Its that simple.
Buy one that will never be on the sales corners in the future.You did that long before these forums were here.
I use a rolex as a work watch.I've beaten the crap out of it and each mark has a story to tell.
At the moment,the only story your panerai can tell is how dark it is in the storage box.

Don't get me wrong, I wish I had the funds so that I could keep BOTH! But between the two, I would rather have the Ploprof...

I have the ploprof and it already has character marks on it.The new mesh and deployant really makes the watch wear well.
I'd get rid of the lm-7 though when the omega arrives.That will get rid of the temptation to wear the ocean to save wear on the
omega.You really need that one lifetime watch.Hopefully,the ploprof will be it.
I have alot of watches.Most are dedicated designs and movements and are mainly for display only.Then I have many that I bought
and tried and aren't working out like I thought they would and those are the ones I sell and trade.Then theres the rotation watches
that never get sold.I've had them for years.Every once in awhile I'll add another to the daily wear group.
I hope this one works out for you.I'd not worry about the time its taking for the panerai to get sold.Higher priced watches always takes longer.
Also timing plays a roll.At the moment,theres 5 of your models on the sales corners.Until the lower priced ones move,you'll just have to wait.
Eventually,someone whos looking for your specific watch will show up and buy it.

Sean is BRINGING the good advice lately!

As Chris also stated, PATIENCE is not a virtue I have mastered yet. And yeah, WHEN the Panerai sells, the LM7 will get the boot!

____________________________________
112 on a bracelet? ANOMALYSIG2A-1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





112 on a bracelet? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 112 on a bracelet?   112 on a bracelet? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
112 on a bracelet?
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» STEINHART mesh bracelet
» Help me find a new bracelet...
» New Sinn Bracelet
» Ok, so the bracelet isn't new anymore.....
» What is this bracelet called, and where are they?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum :: Welcome To The Lounge! :: General Watch Discussion...-
Jump to: