The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

STEINHART "TRITON black"

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
racerxer
Associate
racerxer

STEINHART "TRITON black" Empty
PostSubject: STEINHART "TRITON black"   STEINHART "TRITON black" Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 12:35 pm

So I have been thinking about what my next watch will be. I really liked the Steinhart Aviation GMT that was being discussed in another thread, but have been looking at the Steinhart site and saw this one. What do you guys think of this one? I was thinking a rubber strap on this.

STEINHART "TRITON black" 790309654triton1_2009
Back to top Go down
http://www.fostware.com
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: STEINHART "TRITON black"   STEINHART "TRITON black" Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 12:48 pm

Steinhardt makes a SOLID watch and that one kicks ASS!

Very cool!

PostSubject: Re: STEINHART "TRITON black"   STEINHART "TRITON black" Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 1:11 pm

That looks familiar, who here owns that one? Ron, is that one you have?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: STEINHART "TRITON black"   STEINHART "TRITON black" Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 1:57 pm

I have newer version on the way. I have heard nothing but good things about Steinhart so I say go for it!
Back to top Go down
racerxer
Associate
racerxer

PostSubject: Re: STEINHART "TRITON black"   STEINHART "TRITON black" Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 2:56 pm

cski wrote:
I have newer version on the way. I have heard nothing but good things about Steinhart so I say go for it!

So did you order straight from Steinhart web site or did you email someone there or did you order from another watch site? Just curious.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: STEINHART "TRITON black"   STEINHART "TRITON black" Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 3:57 pm

I don't have this watch Racerxer, but it has always looked
REAL good to me ! STEINHART "TRITON black" 803574 From the cool case, to that stunning
dial, it's a winner imho. Plus everyone who has one seems to
have nothing but good things to say about it ! STEINHART "TRITON black" Icon_smile So you
might really like this one !..Good luck, and keep us posted !

PostSubject: Re: STEINHART "TRITON black"   STEINHART "TRITON black" Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 4:39 pm

You order straight from Steinhart.Your order is the minus vat price.Sometimes it shows with vat but
during checkout it gets adjusted.I'd get the new triton DLC.The rubber strap and deployant on them is outstanding.
I'd think a bracelet option will happen for it since they made one for the triton.
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: STEINHART "TRITON black"   STEINHART "TRITON black" Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 4:50 pm

Docrwm wrote:

Doc, I owned the Debaufre Triton Metal........Ron has the Triton model. It was a very good watch. Sold it only because it was a tad too big for me (lug to lug length). I think racerxer would love the Steinhart for the look, the build and the feel!

STEINHART "TRITON black" IMG_2245-1

Last edited by Northwestguy on Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: STEINHART "TRITON black"   STEINHART "TRITON black" Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 6:31 pm

racerxer wrote:
cski wrote:

So did you order straight from Steinhart web site or did you email someone there or did you order from another watch site? Just curious.

yamahaki wrote:
You order straight from Steinhart.Your order is the minus vat price.Sometimes it shows with vat but
during checkout it gets adjusted.I'd get the new triton DLC.The rubber strap and deployant on them is outstanding.
I'd think a bracelet option will happen for it since they made one for the triton.

Yup, right from Steinhart. According to Gunther a bracelet will be available in the fall. Not sure about the rubber strap deployant/combo I'll wait to see it when it gets here. I got a mesh to change it to for the time being.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: STEINHART "TRITON black"   STEINHART "TRITON black" Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 3:27 am

it's a great watch for the money, built well and an excellent dial with great lume.

here is a few pics

beadblasted on ridenfool strap
STEINHART "TRITON black" DSCF1963-1

STEINHART "TRITON black" DSCF1936

STEINHART "TRITON black" DSCF1940

STEINHART "TRITON black" DSCF1976
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: STEINHART "TRITON black"   STEINHART "TRITON black" Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 11:54 am

cski wrote:
racerxer wrote:
cski wrote:

yamahaki wrote:

Yup, right from Steinhart. According to Gunther a bracelet will be available in the fall. Not sure about the rubber strap deployant/combo I'll wait to see it when it gets here. I got a mesh to change it to for the time being.

Try their rubber strap and deployant.The deployant is DLC and has micro adjustments.The rubber strap is the thickest I own yet is very pliable.
STEINHART "TRITON black" Steinhart1-1
Back to top Go down
racerxer
Associate
racerxer

PostSubject: Re: STEINHART "TRITON black"   STEINHART "TRITON black" Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 12:06 pm

Very cool rubber straps. Really like those a lot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: STEINHART "TRITON black"   STEINHART "TRITON black" Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 12:24 pm

Northwestguy wrote:
Docrwm wrote:

Doc, I owned the Debaufre Triton Metal........Ron has the Triton model. It was a very good watch. Sold it only because it was a tad too big for me (lug to lug length). I think racerxer would love the Steinhart for the look, the build and the feel!

STEINHART "TRITON black" IMG_2245-1

I remember THAT photo STEINHART "TRITON black" Icon_wink I thought we had a couple of these represented here. Lots of + comments about Steinhart overall. Never really heard anything negative about quality or CS.
Back to top Go down
sooner
Associate

PostSubject: Re: STEINHART "TRITON black"   STEINHART "TRITON black" Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 1:25 pm

I have one of the first generation Tritons. Currently with Jack at IWW for movement servicing.
STEINHART "TRITON black" TritonCU2
STEINHART "TRITON black" SteinhartTriton-Wood
STEINHART "TRITON black" SteinhartTriton-Brown2
STEINHART "TRITON black" IMG_2501
STEINHART "TRITON black" SteinhartTriton-Arm
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: STEINHART "TRITON black"   STEINHART "TRITON black" Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 1:30 pm

GREAT looking watches!

Associate
racerxer

PostSubject: Re: STEINHART "TRITON black"   STEINHART "TRITON black" Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 1:32 pm

Man, I like the dial on the new Triton but prefer the bezel on the old one. I already found out I can swap the strap for the rubber. Decisions to make, but ones I don't mind making.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: STEINHART "TRITON black"   STEINHART "TRITON black" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

STEINHART "TRITON black"
Page 1 of 1