The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

1st watch purchase since last September

Go down 
+3
AtomicTom
sixtysix
barnbuilder
7 posters
AuthorMessage

1st watch purchase since last September Empty
PostSubject: 1st watch purchase since last September   1st watch purchase since last September Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 2:07 pm

Well, I just finished paying off my Rolex GMTllC and have not purchased (that I can remember anyway) anything since last September. I was channel flipping last weekend and came across a Renato show. I ended up ordering the TREX CF Moonphase with black dial. I wanted the purple but was slow on the draw and missed out, I was also worried that the purple might limit how often I could wear the watch. Really can't go wrong with classic black. I waited about 4 days for it to ship and then decided I'd better cancel it as my wife might be pissed that here I go making payments again albeit much smaller than payments on a Rolex. Anywho, the darn thing shipped. I now had to prepare my wife for the incoming watch. To shorten up the story, she was here when I opened the box as I waited for her to share in the experience and, she liked it saying it was different from anything I already had. So, I immediately unwrapped it and sized her. PS. I know this place is not a shop fan but heck, not to many places to get Renato and the few places that do have them have high prices and little selection.

I love the watch and reccomendit to anyone that wants a nice timepice with diamonds and CF.
1st watch purchase since last September 181

1st watch purchase since last September 187
1st watch purchase since last September 199

1st watch purchase since last September 194
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1st watch purchase since last September   1st watch purchase since last September Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 5:22 pm

Love your Rolex GMT!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1st watch purchase since last September   1st watch purchase since last September Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 5:24 pm

There are those that lump Renato in with Invicta, but I like the look of most of the Renato watches. I love the CF inlaid into the bracelet and bezel. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine.
BJ
Back to top Go down
barnbuilder
Senior Associate
barnbuilder

PostSubject: Re: 1st watch purchase since last September   1st watch purchase since last September Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 5:55 pm

congrats on the new Renato! Enjoy wearing it.
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: 1st watch purchase since last September   1st watch purchase since last September Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 6:30 pm

I like it!! Awesome looking case and bracelet!!

1st watch purchase since last September Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1st watch purchase since last September   1st watch purchase since last September Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 6:40 pm

Well, thanks to those with the kind words. 37 or so views
and just 4 responses. Lol. I guess most of our members
really hate anything shop related. LoL again. That's ok
my fellow watch lovers. I am enjoying my purchase
and that is what counts most. I guess fewer comments
are better than negative ones.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: 1st watch purchase since last September   1st watch purchase since last September Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 10:03 pm

INCREDIBLE watch Ingoodtime !!!!! 1st watch purchase since last September Icon_biggrin 1st watch purchase since last September 803574..This T-Rex is
the COMPLETE package ! You have an UNBELIEVABLY well
built watch first of all. Then you look at the design, and
how it's constructed, and you have to say WOW ! I mean
the watch looks indestructible, but at the same time it looks
both sporty, and classy. 1st watch purchase since last September 46145 It's not often that you will see
such a GREAT combination in a watch. However Renato seems
to have hit another grand slam with your watch. I like those
green hands ALOT !!! They look TERRIFIC against your black
dial there !..Also like the carbon fiber, along with the accents
on the bezel, as well as the bracelet. It looks extremely sporty,
and balances the classy side of the watch with it's diamonds
flawlessly imho. No matter where you look at this watch, it's
bound to make you smile ! 1st watch purchase since last September Icon_smile Have to say, you found a REAL
winner here sir ! Congratulations on picking it up, and I know
will Enjoy it !!!..Excellent pictures too !!!

PostSubject: Re: 1st watch purchase since last September   1st watch purchase since last September Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 10:11 pm

AtomicTom wrote:
INCREDIBLE watch Ingoodtime !!!!! 1st watch purchase since last September Icon_biggrin 1st watch purchase since last September 803574..This T-Rex is
both sporty, and classy. 1st watch purchase since last September 46145 It's not often that you will see
bound to make you smile ! 1st watch purchase since last September Icon_smile Have to say, you found a REAL

Thanks AtomicTom. I am truly enjoying my watch. For awhile, I was kind of getting on the fence with all the variations of the same basic model over and over again.
But, I did like the way this one looked on TV. I have been wearing my Rolex GMTllC almost exclusively for awhile now. I think it will have some nap time now! I love this Renato. One of the Judges I work with has bought three Renatos for himself since I"enabled" him. He keeps giving them to his kids and grandkids as they ask for his watches. I know he is going to want one of these when he sees mine. I am happy I made the purchase.

Last edited by ingoodtime on Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: 1st watch purchase since last September   1st watch purchase since last September Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 10:30 pm

ingoodtime wrote:
AtomicTom wrote:

Thanks AtomicTom. I am truly enjoying my watch. For awhile, I was kinda of getting on the fence with all the variations of the same basic model over and over again.
But, I did liket he way this one looked on TV. I have been wearing my Rolex GMTllC almost exclusively for awhile now. I think it will have some nap time now! I love this Renato. One of the Judges I work with has bought three Renatos fro himslef since I"enabled" him. He keeps giving them to his kids and grandkids as they ask for his watches. I know he is going to want one of these when he sees mine. I am happy I made the purchase.

No problem Ingoodtime !!! 1st watch purchase since last September 803574 ..That is a VERY NICE T-Rex sir ! It's got that super cool personality with
a classy, AND sporty twist. I'm sure it will look great next to your Rolex GMT !!! Also think it is nice how you
got some other people, like the Judge into watches. When he sees your new T-Rex, he will be DEFINITELY
be wanting that one also ! 1st watch purchase since last September Icon_cheers ..Great story, GREAT watch !!!..ENJOY Ingoodtime !

Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: 1st watch purchase since last September   1st watch purchase since last September Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 10:54 pm

I've posted new Renato's here before - so have no fear.
Few things better for us than sharing our excitement over a new watch - regardless of brand.
Renato makes a great watch and I have several.

IMHO: They're not quite in the same negative category as Invicta.
Fuzzy LE numbering notwithstanding. Suspect

Not into diamonds myself, so I wouldn't have picked this one.
But few do diamonds as well as Renato. Gotta give that up.
I do however, have 4 T-Rex in this case with different treatments that I will not part with.

So enjoy your new watch and wear it in good health.
I also applaud your almost year long restraint - perhaps there's hope for us all.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1st watch purchase since last September   1st watch purchase since last September Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 12:07 am

Thanks Jaw. I hear you on the fuzzy numbering thing and hope Renato has heard their customers loudly and clearly on this issue. Still, even if they produced two or three times the "advertised" quantity, we are still getting a limited production piece compared to most other affordable brands. Aside from the Judge I work with, I don't think I have ever run into anyone wearing a Renato watch, Invicta for sure but Rentao, nope. So, for most of us, they are still pretty exclusive and rare.

As far as my year long restraint, I appreciate the applause but truth be told, for what I was paying on the Rolex, I could have had a watch every 1.5 months. So, can we consider that restraint? I guess yes and no depending on how we look at it. The Mrs would have been a total maniac if I continued to buy watches while I was paying that grail down. PLus, she has been a bit of a watch snob and would rather see me purchase one expensive watch here and there instead of many less expensive watches. However, she actually like this one which made things easy for me. The watch GODS were on my side. 1st watch purchase since last September 74725

jaw wrote:
I've posted new Renato's here before - so have no fear.
Few things better for us than sharing our excitement over a new watch - regardless of brand.
Renato makes a great watch and I have several.

IMHO: They're not quite in the same negative category as Invicta.
Fuzzy LE numbering notwithstanding. Suspect

Not into diamonds myself, so I wouldn't have picked this one.
But few do diamonds as well as Renato. Gotta give that up.
I do however, have 4 T-Rex in this case with different treatments that I will not part with.

So enjoy your new watch and wear it in good health.
I also applaud your almost year long restraint - perhaps there's hope for us all.

Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: 1st watch purchase since last September   1st watch purchase since last September Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 12:35 am

Love the green accents! I think it is what makes this watch stand out! I used to own several Renatos and I agree that they are unique time pieces and truly limited in their productions. I like more of the original work Daniel did as compared to some of the models now available.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: 1st watch purchase since last September   1st watch purchase since last September Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 12:37 am

Jaw said it well, if you are happy with your new watch, WE are happying with your new watch...enjoy!!!!

Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: 1st watch purchase since last September   1st watch purchase since last September Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 1:03 am

Enjoy your new TRex. The subdials look pretty easy to read. I have several Renatos and I like them. The only TRex I have is a silver CF dial with blue hands and its a great looking watch but hard to read the subdials. Glad to see they are improving in that area.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1st watch purchase since last September   1st watch purchase since last September Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 10:21 am

merichar wrote:
Enjoy your new TRex. The subdials look pretty easy to read. I have several Renatos and I like them. The only TRex I have is a silver CF dial with blue hands and its a great looking watch but hard to read the subdials. Glad to see they are improving in that area.

The subdials on this CF Moonphase are read more easily than on other models some of which have busy dials and the colors of the markers and hands somtimes blur my abiity to be able to tell the time at a quick glance. That is one reason I have stayed away from some brands including Renato and Invicta for awhile. I really don't use a chrono much so it is not a must have for me to purchase the watch. This TREX was pretty easy to read. I like it and am wearing it today. My poor Rolex must be crying in my watch condo! 1st watch purchase since last September Icon_cry
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1st watch purchase since last September   1st watch purchase since last September Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1st watch purchase since last September
Page 1 of 1