The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Last purchase for a while...honest, this time I mean it!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

Last purchase for a while...honest, this time I mean it! Empty
PostSubject: Last purchase for a while...honest, this time I mean it!   Last purchase for a while...honest, this time I mean it! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 9:59 pm

[b]OK…I know that I said my last watch was my “last watch for a while”, but this one really is.

By no means is this the most expensive watch (around $200) or even complicated, but it has a “bad-ass beater watch” attitude to it. It has been a while since I bought a watch to beat up and I happened to get the opportunity to try one of these on the other day while getting my MM300 bracelet sized. Once it was on my wrist, I knew it was the one that I needed.

The watch that I am talking about is a Luminox EVO Navy SEAL Colormark model with orange accents. The watch is super light due to being almost entirely made of polymer reinforced with carbon fiber. It also comes with tritium tubes on each hand, hour marker and the bezel pip.

The Specifications (from Luminox website):

· EVO Navy Seal Colormark Series Model 3059
· Origin: Swiss Made
· Size/Diameter: 44 mm
· Water Resistance: 200 meters, 20 ATM
· Movement: Ronda 515 HH6
· Battery/Battery life: 395 / 50 months
· Case: PC carbon fibre reinforced
· Bezel: PC carbon fibre reinforced, rotating, at 12h colored; LLT protected by metalized mineral
glass window
· Case back: PC carbon fibre reinforced
· Glass: Mineral glass hardened
· Crown: Stainless steel 316L

Some quick and pictures…

Last purchase for a while...honest, this time I mean it! DSC09791
Last purchase for a while...honest, this time I mean it! DSC09792
Last purchase for a while...honest, this time I mean it! DSC09795
Last purchase for a while...honest, this time I mean it! DSC09797
Last purchase for a while...honest, this time I mean it! DSC09798

Senior Associate
pacifichrono

PostSubject: Re: Last purchase for a while...honest, this time I mean it!   Last purchase for a while...honest, this time I mean it! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 2:08 am

Very cool, Mark! Everyone oughta have one of those. Last purchase for a while...honest, this time I mean it! 933578
Back to top Go down
http://www.pacifichrono.com
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Last purchase for a while...honest, this time I mean it!   Last purchase for a while...honest, this time I mean it! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 2:40 pm

Whoa Mark, this Luminox really IS MEAN ! Last purchase for a while...honest, this time I mean it! 933578 ..Really great choice here !!! You have the
sporty, aggressive looks, cool space age materials, excellent tritium tubes, a tough reliable
movement to along with the watch itself, and of course that orange, and black combination.
Which is just THE best ! Very Happy This watch has everything you could ever want in a watch.
Even the size of it is just right. Fantastic pick up Mark ! Congrats !!! These Colormark
watches by Luminox have so much character about them. They just seem to have
everything to enjoy about a watch in one amazing package, and then add in that tough
attitude also. The addition of the vibrant colors is really nice TOO ! cyclops ..To be honest, have
been looking at the Luminox Colormark series for a few years now, and this orange is
off the charts if you ask me sir. It really helps you enjoy all of the different parts of the
watch. Helping to set off not only the dial, but also the bezel. It's a look that brings you
back to the classic dive watches we all love, but also a look that moves agressively into
the future as well. Speaking of moving into the future, the Poycarbonite make up of
the watch looks outstanding. You get all of the familiar design in a completely new, and
different way. It must be VERY comfortable on the wrist also ! Last purchase for a while...honest, this time I mean it! 803574 The look of it is REALLY
great too with it's matte black finish. Almost seems as if it has a stealthiness about it
as it absorbs all of the light into it. ..Even matches up perfectly with the look of the
stealthy strap by the way. Wow ! What A WATCH ! ..Genuinely can enjoy so many
things about this watch imho. It not only has the toughness with it, but backs it up
with some of the coolest looks, and highest quality materials. It's that combination
which really makes this watch so nice Mark. Just take the bezel for example with it's
invincible looking material, and look. Not only does it have that orange jumping off
of it, but it also seems like you could bump that bezel int anyhing without fear of
grinding down those cool bezel teeth. Even the futuristic dial, with it's AWESOME
numbers, hands, EXTRAORDINARY markings, and Tritium tubes make sure to let
you know that this watch means business. There isn't any part of this Luminox that
isn't well thought out I don't think. From the nooks, and crannies in the bezel, to
the different layers to the dial. This Luminox Colormark does everything in such a
neat way it's unbelievable. With this watch, you know you are getting toughness,
along with reliablility, but it genuinely seems like you are also getting top notch quality,
design, and innovation TOO ! ..Even that case is awesome Mark ! Smile Congratulations
once again on this new Luminox, and I hope you enjoy it !

Awesome watch, along with awesome pictures of it !

Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Last purchase for a while...honest, this time I mean it!   Last purchase for a while...honest, this time I mean it! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 4:09 pm

Thanks!

And Tom...your observations were great, as usual!

Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Last purchase for a while...honest, this time I mean it!   Last purchase for a while...honest, this time I mean it! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 2:09 pm

LAST one...grin.

Enjoy dude!

Do you miss Sports Center?

Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Last purchase for a while...honest, this time I mean it!   Last purchase for a while...honest, this time I mean it! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 2:13 pm

Thanks Mark, very glad you liked them. ..I hope you really enjoy that Luminox ! Last purchase for a while...honest, this time I mean it! 803574

Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Last purchase for a while...honest, this time I mean it!   Last purchase for a while...honest, this time I mean it! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 2:13 pm

Anomaly wrote:
Do you miss Sports Center?
No not really. I will really not miss it when bonus time comes along in the spring Shocked cheers

Senior Associate
barnbuilder

PostSubject: Re: Last purchase for a while...honest, this time I mean it!   Last purchase for a while...honest, this time I mean it! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 3:26 pm

cool looking watch! I would like the black with white markers someday
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last purchase for a while...honest, this time I mean it!   Last purchase for a while...honest, this time I mean it! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Last purchase for a while...honest, this time I mean it!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum :: Welcome To The Lounge! :: Who Are You, What Did You Just Get, What do you have? :: New Arrivals-
Jump to: