The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Eterna coming out with their own line of movements

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Eterna coming out with their own line of movements Empty
PostSubject: Eterna coming out with their own line of movements   Eterna coming out with their own line of movements Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 9:35 pm

This in from TZ-UK:
Here a flick of the base 3800 movement which sets the bases for a whole platform of new movements

And another video here:
And here an animation of their new Auto with instantaneous date change at midnight

Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Eterna coming out with their own line of movements   Eterna coming out with their own line of movements Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 9:40 pm

That BIG DATE movement is SICK!

PostSubject: Re: Eterna coming out with their own line of movements   Eterna coming out with their own line of movements Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 9:45 pm

I like it a lot and the video is great. I have one quibble - why do "01" for the 1st instead of "Blank 1"?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eterna coming out with their own line of movements   Eterna coming out with their own line of movements Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 9:50 pm

Docrwm wrote:
I like it a lot and the video is great. I have one quibble - why do "01" for the 1st instead of "Blank 1"?

Because everyone else does "blank 1"

Because they can

Because "we have the technology"

Because... I like the 01. I think Carl Bucherer does 01 on their big date wheels, also. Which is one of the things I like about that maker.

Eterna coming out with their own line of movements Icon_wink
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Eterna coming out with their own line of movements   Eterna coming out with their own line of movements Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 11:06 pm

Excellent videos Doc ! Eterna coming out with their own line of movements 803574 Eterna coming out with their own line of movements 803574 ..Those movements are fantastic !
Seeing the way Eterna implements the ball bearings, and fights
wear, and tear within the movement is out of this world. You can
really appreciate how much they put into perfecting their movements,
as well as their watches in general. Can never honestly see enough
new movements, as well as innovations. Eterna coming out with their own line of movements Icon_smile I wish we saw more of
this from other companies as well !..Thanks again for the videos,
and info !!!

Senior Associate
barnbuilder

PostSubject: Re: Eterna coming out with their own line of movements   Eterna coming out with their own line of movements Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 12:37 am

thanks for that great video. nice looking and I guess better now with the ceramic ball bearings. always good to see watch co. making their own movements.
great feature on the date change also
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eterna coming out with their own line of movements   Eterna coming out with their own line of movements Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 7:52 am

The ball bearings are Eternas trademark - they were the first to use them with rotors in auto movements 50+- years ago.
Back to top Go down
barnbuilder
Senior Associate
barnbuilder

PostSubject: Re: Eterna coming out with their own line of movements   Eterna coming out with their own line of movements Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 1:22 pm

didn't catch that. any others you know using ceramic ball bearings?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eterna coming out with their own line of movements   Eterna coming out with their own line of movements Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 1:31 pm

barnbuilder wrote:
didn't catch that. any others you know using ceramic ball bearings?

I think GP and VC have used them but the only ones I know of are ultra high end. They seem to be the first in the high-end to moderate range to do so that I know of.
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: Eterna coming out with their own line of movements   Eterna coming out with their own line of movements Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 6:12 pm

Cool-good to see other companies making their own movements. Since they are asking $3300 for their 73 remake with a 2824, they'll probably want double that for watches with their movements.
Back to top Go down
Noisy Nova
Associate
Noisy Nova

PostSubject: Re: Eterna coming out with their own line of movements   Eterna coming out with their own line of movements Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 10:35 am

Found out why I like the Eterna Vaughan so much. $7500 Eterna coming out with their own line of movements Icon_biggrin

I like all kinds of stuff that I can't afford. Eterna coming out with their own line of movements Icon_sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eterna coming out with their own line of movements   Eterna coming out with their own line of movements Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eterna coming out with their own line of movements
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum :: Welcome To The Lounge! :: Horological Information-
Jump to: