The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Arrrggghhhhh....I'm so bummed and frustrated

Go down 
+3
barnbuilder
Anomaly
andrema
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Arrrggghhhhh....I'm so bummed and frustrated Empty
PostSubject: Arrrggghhhhh....I'm so bummed and frustrated   Arrrggghhhhh....I'm so bummed and frustrated Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 9:57 pm

Some of you may have seen my thread about wanting an SWI limited edition chronograph. A few even commented on it.

https://xtrememeantime.forumotion.com/general-watch-discussion-f4/opinion-needed-on-swi-watch-t5718.htm

In the end I decided to go ahead with the purchase. This was BY FAR my biggest watch purchase to date. Even with the great sale it was around 1k.

I ordered the watch late Tuesday night. It was shipped yesterday and
because I live just across the state from WOW, it was delivered today.
So far, so good. Arrrggghhhhh....I'm so bummed and frustrated Thumbsup-thumbs-up-approve-ok-smiley-emoticon-000283-medium%5B1%5D

The watch looked great. So...i carefully unwrapped the plastic from the
clasp and the head in order to try it on. It looked great on my wrist I
must say.

BUT...and here it comes. The double deployant has a fold over clasp
similar to those found on most dive bracelets. This one was a bit
different because it was a double deployant. The clasp is usually held
in place by small friction pins I guess. No such luck! Grrrrrrrrr

The clasp is very loose and will flop around if worn.Arrrggghhhhh....I'm so bummed and frustrated Red_mad
So I got to taking a MUCH closer look at the watch. I find some slight
scratches on the inside of the lugs! My guess is that someone tried the
watch by taking off the bracelet in order to get around the platic tag
on the bracelet.

Needless to say I am not very happy right now. I don't know if the
previous "owner" screwed the watch up or what to think. WOW will get an
earful tomorrow. Arrrggghhhhh....I'm so bummed and frustrated Computer-22%5B1%5DArrrggghhhhh....I'm so bummed and frustrated Computer-22%5B1%5D
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arrrggghhhhh....I'm so bummed and frustrated   Arrrggghhhhh....I'm so bummed and frustrated Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 10:07 pm

Very sorry to hear that it was actually misused instead of new. I certainly hope that they will make things right for you without any hassle. I know what its like to get a watch and have problems with it and with this being your biggest watch purchase so far it is incredibly more disappointing I am sure.

Best of luck getting this rectified!
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Arrrggghhhhh....I'm so bummed and frustrated   Arrrggghhhhh....I'm so bummed and frustrated Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 10:09 pm

Did you pay via Paypal?

Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Arrrggghhhhh....I'm so bummed and frustrated   Arrrggghhhhh....I'm so bummed and frustrated Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 10:37 pm

SIGH...nothing sucks more (in watch collecting anyway) than to be all JACKED UP about getting a watch and have something be wrong with it Arrrggghhhhh....I'm so bummed and frustrated Icon_evil

WOW is a pretty good company from what I hear, hopefully they will make it right for ya...

Senior Associate
barnbuilder

PostSubject: Re: Arrrggghhhhh....I'm so bummed and frustrated   Arrrggghhhhh....I'm so bummed and frustrated Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 11:21 pm

that really sucks man!
do they have others for an exchange?
Back to top Go down
TAZMAN64
Senior Associate
TAZMAN64

PostSubject: Re: Arrrggghhhhh....I'm so bummed and frustrated   Arrrggghhhhh....I'm so bummed and frustrated Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 12:06 am

sorry that this has happened, i know how you feel. the only time i bought a watch from wow, the watch showed up unwraped with a broken bracelet. they said they would send a new one right out, after 4-5 days and not getting the watch i called them and they still had not sent out the new watch.so i cancelled the order. that was the one and only time ive delt with them. i realy hope you get better results. steve
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: Arrrggghhhhh....I'm so bummed and frustrated   Arrrggghhhhh....I'm so bummed and frustrated Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 12:15 am

Oh Man - What a Shame!
My first expensive watch (> $1k) was also DOA (SAS 7750).
I know exactly how you feel.
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: Arrrggghhhhh....I'm so bummed and frustrated   Arrrggghhhhh....I'm so bummed and frustrated Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 12:56 am

I had a problem with a watch from WOW and they replaced it with no hassle...hope it works out well for you.

Arrrggghhhhh....I'm so bummed and frustrated Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arrrggghhhhh....I'm so bummed and frustrated   Arrrggghhhhh....I'm so bummed and frustrated Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 8:17 am

I am sure WOW will properly take care of the issue. It's just frustrating to have to wait again. Especially after agonizing about the purchase for a while. Hopefully, they have another in much better shape! I'll let everyone know how it turns out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arrrggghhhhh....I'm so bummed and frustrated   Arrrggghhhhh....I'm so bummed and frustrated Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 1:27 pm

Hope it all works out for the best...the few times I've had to return anything to WoW they were great about it — and fast. I also appreciate thet, if you have a problem, you can e-mail Lior directly, and he will reply. don't let this sour you — I have that watch with the blue face, and can tell you that it's a phenomonal piece for the $$.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Arrrggghhhhh....I'm so bummed and frustrated   Arrrggghhhhh....I'm so bummed and frustrated Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 3:40 pm

Sorry that happened to you Hobbit !..I know how much you
were looking forward to this watch. Everything will work out
in the end though, and before you know it you will have that
brand new watch !!! Arrrggghhhhh....I'm so bummed and frustrated Icon_cheers Please keep us updated on how it
all goes !..Good Luck !!!

PostSubject: Re: Arrrggghhhhh....I'm so bummed and frustrated   Arrrggghhhhh....I'm so bummed and frustrated Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 4:59 pm

WOW faxed a return UPS label to my work. Watch is packaged up and on it's way back to S. Fla. It should arrive Monday. Hopefully a replacement goes out Monday and arrives Tues. Arrrggghhhhh....I'm so bummed and frustrated Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arrrggghhhhh....I'm so bummed and frustrated   Arrrggghhhhh....I'm so bummed and frustrated Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 6:37 pm

Hobbit712 wrote:
WOW faxed a return UPS label to my work. Watch is packaged up and on it's way back to S. Fla. It should arrive Monday. Hopefully a replacement goes out Monday and arrives Tues. Arrrggghhhhh....I'm so bummed and frustrated Icon_cheers

That's service. Sorry about the troubles but at least they are dealing with it in a solid manner!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arrrggghhhhh....I'm so bummed and frustrated   Arrrggghhhhh....I'm so bummed and frustrated Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Arrrggghhhhh....I'm so bummed and frustrated
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum :: Welcome To The Lounge! :: General Watch Discussion...-
Jump to: