The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Case hardening techniques..what else is out there.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

Case hardening techniques..what else is out there. Empty
PostSubject: Case hardening techniques..what else is out there.   Case hardening techniques..what else is out there. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 3:21 pm

I know that Sinn tegiments some of their bezels and cases. Damasko ice hardens their cases. I have also seen that Ocean7/AirNautic has a model whose case is ice hardened. Who else does this type of thing? The reason I ask is that I have a Damasko that seems to very scratch resistant. Worn it a lot over several months and there is not a mark on it. Are there any others using these methods or others to harden a case. I'm not really interested in DLC as it is just a coating I believe. Would like to see what else is available with this type treatment and hear about anyones experiences with them.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Case hardening techniques..what else is out there.   Case hardening techniques..what else is out there. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 3:44 pm

It amazes me that they have not yet figured out how to make stainless steel black all the way through...

PostSubject: Re: Case hardening techniques..what else is out there.   Case hardening techniques..what else is out there. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 11:46 pm

The Bremont diver also uses a hardened steak.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Case hardening techniques..what else is out there.   Case hardening techniques..what else is out there. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Case hardening techniques..what else is out there.
Page 1 of 1