The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guess I will start with the T's.....

Go down 
+7
andrema
Anomaly
Northwestguy
TVDinner
max
jaw
sixtysix
11 posters
AuthorMessage
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

Guess I will start with the T's..... Empty
PostSubject: Guess I will start with the T's.....   Guess I will start with the T's..... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 2:34 am

Bought some new watches over the Thanksgiving holiday, all affordables, here's the first of 'em.....

First up I found a brand new Tissot Sea Star 1000 automatic at an outlet mall...these have been discontinued for a while now so I was surprised to see it. I love my blue one so I made a deal on it and took it home. The silver looks awesome!! (If anyone has an extra link for one of these please PM me.)

Guess I will start with the T's..... 100_0197

Guess I will start with the T's..... 100_0196

Guess I will start with the T's..... 100_0195

Guess I will start with the T's..... 100_0193

Guess I will start with the T's..... 100_0186

Guess I will start with the T's..... 100_0198

Next up the TX World Time......this was not on my radar but the Time factory had ALL TX watches for $150, even this brand new style, (retail is $595) I liked the look so I bought it. This is my second TX. pictures don't do it justice, so i provided a stock shot.

Guess I will start with the T's..... T3C407tx

UPDATE - Some New Photos I like better:

Guess I will start with the T's..... 100_0239

Guess I will start with the T's..... 100_0238

Guess I will start with the T's..... 100_0236

Guess I will start with the T's..... 100_0234

Guess I will start with the T's..... 100_0227

Guess I will start with the T's..... 100_0226

Guess I will start with the T's..... 100_0230

Next up is this special edtion Timex Reissue....only available at select stores (Norstrom is where I got it), a new Timex in the vintage cushion case style, nothing fancy but kind of neat.......small at 38mm though.....

Guess I will start with the T's..... 100_0208

Guess I will start with the T's..... 100_0207

Guess I will start with the T's..... 100_0206

Guess I will start with the T's..... 100_0210

I have some more to show off but they will have to wait a bit... Very Happy .

Guess I will start with the T's..... Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors

Last edited by sixtysix on Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: Guess I will start with the T's.....   Guess I will start with the T's..... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 3:38 am

Terrific Trio (2 more Ts)

I like 'em all.
Been trying pretty hard to find a Tissot myself - no luck yet.
That TX looks like a Helix Okto case - but I like your Timex dial execution better.

These are from WatchFreaks.

Guess I will start with the T's..... Helixokto2

Guess I will start with the T's..... Helix_Okto_side

Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: Guess I will start with the T's.....   Guess I will start with the T's..... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 8:07 am

Thanks JAW....That's the same case and bracelet for sure, actually seems nice and solid. This one is about 45mm. This thing has some nice specs for $150...including sapphire crystal.

jaw wrote:
Terrific Trio (2 more Ts)

I like 'em all.
Been trying pretty hard to find a Tissot myself - no luck yet.
That TX looks like a Helix Okto case - but I like your Timex dial execution better.

These are from WatchFreaks.

Guess I will start with the T's..... Helix_Okto_side

Back to top Go down
max
Associate
max

PostSubject: Re: Guess I will start with the T's.....   Guess I will start with the T's..... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 10:50 am

WOW, what a find on that SeaStar. Guess I dont have to ask if they had another one. Congrats.
Back to top Go down
TVDinner
Senior Associate
TVDinner

PostSubject: Re: Guess I will start with the T's.....   Guess I will start with the T's..... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 11:17 am

I recognize that Helix Okto first picture, lol - that was my picture. I really liked that watch before I sold it. Really well made and good quality.

I can not agree more about how nice the TX watches are. I have a 730 Flyback model and it is really nice quality all around (bracelet, case, design, dial, clasp, etc etc etc)

Guess I will start with the T's..... 4_210007_120000000
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: Guess I will start with the T's.....   Guess I will start with the T's..... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 11:21 am

Very Nice Gary! I saw your Timex World Time in another post and thought that was new to you. Love the Timex re-issue and the cushion case.....reminds me of the Oris Frank Sinatra. The Tissot looks great with the Silver dial....I understand it is a color that is a bit harder to come by these days.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Guess I will start with the T's.....   Guess I will start with the T's..... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 11:33 am

Awesome watches Gary!

And your pics do plenty of justice!

I like them ALL but that Timex Retro is HOT, wish it were bigger!

You guys probably know this but the same company that makes Timex owns Helix (and Nautica) too. It's the Kaligen? Group (or something like that)...

Some of the TXs and Helix(s) share the same case...

Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Guess I will start with the T's.....   Guess I will start with the T's..... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 11:45 am

Very nice!! All great watches for their own reasons!

I can't wait to see what's next Shocked

Associate
Noisy Nova

PostSubject: Re: Guess I will start with the T's.....   Guess I will start with the T's..... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 11:52 am

Gosh, I really like that Timex retro.
I'd be lookin' for one 'cept I'm in rehab. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ramirez1970
Associate
ramirez1970

PostSubject: Re: Guess I will start with the T's.....   Guess I will start with the T's..... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 12:52 pm

Nice. Big fan of the Seastar. Love that Timex reissue. Congrats.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Guess I will start with the T's.....   Guess I will start with the T's..... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 5:26 pm

Gary, this is like a Hat Trick of GREATNESS here with all of these !!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

The Tissot Sea Star is really TREMENDOUS imho. Always thought the look of this watch
was something special sir. Just the bezel alone, with that almost volcano shape to it, is
beautiful. Add to that the bezel edge with those lines on there, along with the top section
which seems almost bead-blasted with the cool markings, and numbers as well. Guess I will start with the T's..... 46145 The
silver dial couldn't be any better either. It shows off those hands really well. The harpoon
hour hand is WILD, and the markers on this Tissot are VERY unique as well. Especially the
12 o'clock marker with the "T" in it ! ..Never noticed that before ! Wowee !!! Another part
of this watch that makes you say wow, is the indestructible looking case, which compliments
the bezel nicely. It also looks just LARGE enough to let you know it's there, but also seems
to fit perfectly on the wrist. Couldn't ask for a more IMPRESSIVE bracelet by the looks of it
either Gary. The links, the finish, that clasp, and having the "T" and Tissot name on there
add in some EXCELLENT final touches. However, the exhibition case-back looks like the Grand
Finale of your Tremendous Tissot ! ..WOOHOO ! cheers

Moving to the TX now ! Have to say this one seems to be really TENACIOUS ! Smile It just looks
like it is extremely tough and aggressive, while also mixing in some of the coolest features.
Features that you might expect to see on a very high end watch out there. I mean the style
of those hands looks almost other worldly. GREAT stuff there sir !!! ..Same goes for the look
of the sub-dials, which again look like something you might expect to see in a watch magazine
or even on the cover. It's EXCELLENT how the markers even seem to be emersed into the dial
as well. Yowza !!! That's GOOD ! ..So is the case on this TX Gary. Don't find many watches
around that have a case shape like that. The way each level looks as if it's stacked on top
of eachother is astonishing also. Even the angle the case goes up at is NEAT too !!! Guess I will start with the T's..... 803574 Guess I will start with the T's..... 803574
Also have to add that the carbon black section of the bezel, separating it from the case is just
GREAT. Can't believe how much there is to enjoy about this watch Gary. Timex even manages
to put one the coolest bracelets on a watch you'll ever see imho. The center links seem to reflect
the lines on the watch case too ! Holy COW ! ..This is one Tough Tenacious TX sir !

Now with the Special Edition Timex you picked up, this one is TIMELESS ! Very Happy First of all it's
awesome that they are even making this watch. Didn't know about this one at all. In any case,
it's BEAUTIFUL. That cushion case you mentioned is THE BEST right there. The workmanship looks
top notch with the polishing, smoothness, along with angles. You can really see how the light
reflects off of everything, showing just how GOOD this one is Gary. I like how the case sets you
up so well to notice, and also enjoy this dial here. The white chapter ring together with the white
outer ring on the dial itself is STUNNING ! Timex even managed to make half of each marker blue,
with the other half being white. What a unique, eye-catching touch there !!! ..Timex DEFINITELY
pulled out all of the stops with this special edition Gary. It has all of the characteristics of a vintage
watch, while adding today's technologies, which is pretty fantastic sir. I think the center part of
the dial, with the color, and hand style is just perfect. As are the hands, and classy strap here.
This Timex immidiately becomes Timeless imho ! Smile

Congratulations on your Hat Trick of T's here Gary !!! ..I hope you ENJOY sir ! Tantalizing pics by
the way ! cheers

Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: Guess I will start with the T's.....   Guess I will start with the T's..... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 6:54 pm

Thanks for all the great comments everyone!! ..........and Tom, as usual you have made me notice things in my watches that I hadn't even seen, and extra thanks for the in-depth look over Very Happy .

The retro Timex is available in blue or red and comes on leather or a flex (strechy band) bracelet. I have not seen the red yet......

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guess I will start with the T's.....   Guess I will start with the T's..... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 7:33 pm

Brother is on a roll! Love the SeaStar and if mine was silver would most likely still have it!! king
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Guess I will start with the T's.....   Guess I will start with the T's..... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 7:47 pm

sixtysix wrote:
Thanks for all the great comments everyone!! ..........and Tom, as usual you have made me notice things in my watches that I hadn't even seen, and extra thanks for the in-depth look over Very Happy .

The retro Timex is available in blue or red and comes on leather or a flex (strechy band) bracelet. I have not seen the red yet......

My pleasure Gary ! Smile ..Glad to help out sir !!! There is SO much to like about those three, it's just amazing !
..That Timex is BEYOND cool imho. The red, along with that flex bracelet sound VERY interesting as well !!!

I hope you enjoy those !

PostSubject: Re: Guess I will start with the T's.....   Guess I will start with the T's..... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 11:19 pm

Gary, you need to grow a couple more sets of arms! Congrats, all your new stuff is excellent!
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: Guess I will start with the T's.....   Guess I will start with the T's..... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 2:26 am

Sweet, I really like the retro Timex and the silver dialed Seastar has been on my want list for some time. Congratulations.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guess I will start with the T's.....   Guess I will start with the T's..... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guess I will start with the T's.....
Page 1 of 1