The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MoVas Professional Diver

Go down 
+2
jaw
barnbuilder
6 posters
AuthorMessage

MoVas Professional Diver Empty
PostSubject: MoVas Professional Diver   MoVas Professional Diver Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 10:48 pm

The first images of the pre-production case of the professional diver I have on order. It's suppose to be finished around Christmas time or shortly after.

MoVas Professional Diver 5236660220_95ae526ba2_b

MoVas Professional Diver 5236660188_b62a52cce7_b
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MoVas Professional Diver   MoVas Professional Diver Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 10:56 pm

looks like a damn tank! MoVas Professional Diver 74725
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MoVas Professional Diver   MoVas Professional Diver Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 1:55 am

VERY chunky and beefy! What kind of movement will it have?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MoVas Professional Diver   MoVas Professional Diver Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 1:58 am

cski wrote:
VERY chunky and beefy! What kind of movement will it have?

The watch is a 100% Chinese.

Maker : Tianjin Seagull Watch Co. Ltd
Model : Caliber 2533
Jewels : 31
Specifications: 21600bpm, 45H Power Reserve Features : Sub-sec at 9H, Linear power reserve indicator at 6H, GMT hand at centre, date window at 3H. Antishock protection system on balance wheel.
Back to top Go down
barnbuilder
Senior Associate
barnbuilder

PostSubject: Re: MoVas Professional Diver   MoVas Professional Diver Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 2:17 am

can't wait to see your photos Greg. Any other finished pictures of the dials and movement?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MoVas Professional Diver   MoVas Professional Diver Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 2:22 am

barnbuilder wrote:
can't wait to see your photos Greg. Any other finished pictures of the dials and movement?

Nothing on the movement or dial yet, here is the link to the watch. There are a few different version.

http://www.movaswatches.com/pd.html

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MoVas Professional Diver   MoVas Professional Diver Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 3:09 am

One thing is for certain if you dive with that thing you dont need a weight belt (lol)
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: MoVas Professional Diver   MoVas Professional Diver Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 3:11 am

Jeeze that's a behemoth.

I'm picking up some shades of the Imperious lug shoulders in the case corners. Looks like a design element they are carrying throughout their line. As such, I'm not feeling this one.
Back to top Go down
TAZMAN64
Senior Associate
TAZMAN64

PostSubject: Re: MoVas Professional Diver   MoVas Professional Diver Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 3:12 am

hey greg, i like it, i dont know much about the seagull movements, but the price looks great. do you get the bracelet and the strap for that price? steve
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MoVas Professional Diver   MoVas Professional Diver Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 5:32 am

Ive been following this one for awhile, nice to see the preproduction samples finally. One thing that is odd to me is , the whole case is very angled, with sharp cuts and corners to the design , yet the bracelet links are very curved and rounded.........it just doesnt seem to have a cohesive flow to it as it should. To me, either the bracelet should be more beveled , like say the artego diver or the nfw autopilot bracelet , or the lug edges should be more curved instead of sharply beveled the way they are. Just my observation. Looking forward to seeing the finished product nonetheless.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MoVas Professional Diver   MoVas Professional Diver Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 9:16 am

TAZMAN64 wrote:
hey greg, i like it, i dont know much about the seagull movements, but the price looks great. do you get the bracelet and the strap for that price? steve

Hey Steve,
The stainless(Bead Blasted) comes on the bracelet only, the DLC Black comes on the rubber strap only. Before I ordered it talking with the maker, they don't like the DLC black bracelets because he says the plating would wear off to much and to fast over time with all the movement.

I was hoping for a black on the bracelet until he told be that. Greg
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: MoVas Professional Diver   MoVas Professional Diver Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 10:43 am

Pretty cool...that crown guard is interesting...

...looks like the "door" goes down to get to the crown.

Gotta respect the guy for being up front about specs, movement, manufacturing...

PostSubject: Re: MoVas Professional Diver   MoVas Professional Diver Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 10:51 am

Anomaly wrote:

Gotta respect the guy for being up front about specs, movement, manufacturing...

It also takes a lot of trust to send $325 to the other side of the world for something that isn't even made yet. They have been in contact with me all along, which is why I like to give my business to the small companies
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MoVas Professional Diver   MoVas Professional Diver Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 10:58 am

Anomaly wrote:

I haven't figured out that crown guard yet. lol!
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: MoVas Professional Diver   MoVas Professional Diver Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 3:45 pm

Whoa Greg ! THAT is looking GOOD !!! Shocked Very Happy MoVas Professional Diver 803574 It's so nice getting
the chance to actually see the beginnings of the watch itself like this !
Seeing the computer renderings is great, but this REALLY lets you see
what this watch is going to be all about here. That case-shape is such
a welcome change over many of the similar looking cases we are used
to seeing on watches as of late. MoVas Professional Diver 46145 Also think the bezel, along with
bracelet both look nearly indestructible, and that crown guard is just
SENSATIONAL imho. Neat stuff sir ! ..THANKS for the pictures, along
with link and info about this !!!

merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: MoVas Professional Diver   MoVas Professional Diver Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 3:55 pm

Interesting, I like the bezel and case shape.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MoVas Professional Diver   MoVas Professional Diver Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 8:12 pm

Hopefully they sort out the fit and finish issues seen on that prototype.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Another Update from MoVas   MoVas Professional Diver Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 12:46 am

Hi guys,

To keep you guys in the loop, here are additional pictures of the prototype cases. Some minor improvements are to be made including:

1) The lug edges are supposed to be rounder
2) The cases will be finished with a deep brush or blast to give it a more rugged finish.
3) We have decided to keep things consistent and include bracelets for all models. But do note that we caution against the black bracelets as they will no doubt scratch and wear. However, we have started the production of a rubber strap that is both buckle and clasp compatible and will offer these for a very minimal charge to those who have gone into the pre-order. They will be ready in January. They are fitted straps so have the same profile as the lugs, unlike what we have shown on our CGs.
4) We will also do the same for some custom leather straps we are producing that will match the cases. We have started the sampling process to include: Black/ orange stitch, Black/ red stitch, brownish red tint/ off-white stitch, worn brown/ black stitch. Will show some sample pics once they are available. We have also started sampling for a custom buckle that matches the watch cases, but these again won't be ready till January the earliest.
5) In regards to the watch cases themselves. We are experimenting with Red and orange lumes on the bezels, but no promises on these, if they don't work well, we will not be luming the bezels. The fear is the wear rate of the lume.
6) In regards to time, everything is on schedule albeit a tight one. The DLC/ Black versions may not make christmas because we sourced for the hardest DLC coating supplier in HK and as such there may be a delay due to logistics. I will keep you guys posted once I know more.

On a more personal note, it has been a pleasure going through the whole design process with you guys and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for helping in realising this design and supporting our brand..

http://www.thedivewatchconnection.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6431&p=119930&sid=04264c69d77abe8c9aa14bccc8f5e7c8#p119930

http://oceanictime.blogspot.com/2010/12/movas-divers-prototypes-2nd-look.html

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MoVas Professional Diver   MoVas Professional Diver Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MoVas Professional Diver
Page 1 of 1