The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Two new watches this week!

Go down 
+4
barnbuilder
Anomaly
Northwestguy
strutn45
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Two new watches this week! Empty
PostSubject: Two new watches this week!   Two new watches this week! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 6:13 pm

I got two new watches this week, both affordables that seem pretty well made and are keeping very good time so far! Unfortunately, I can 't seem to take very good pictures with my point and shoot or my phone. I did the best I could with one, and I'll try to get pics of the other one soon!

The first is an Aeromatic 1143 Aviator. Its a Germasian brand with a Chinese movement (DG2803). I bought it on ebay almost a month ago. The seller took a long European style vacation before he shipped it, hence the long wait! It seems very well made and has pretty good lume for a cheapo.

First is someone else's picture-

Two new watches this week! A114301

Here are my crappy pictures-

Two new watches this week! Img_2010

Two new watches this week! Img_2011

The next is an Invicta 8926c. Even though it's an Invicta and a blatant rip-off of another well known watch, I'm loving it! Sometimes if I squint just right, it look like it says "Rolex" on it.

Another hijacked picture-

Two new watches this week! 61x4CZ1kFyL._AA1280_
Back to top Go down
strutn45
Senior Associate
strutn45

PostSubject: Re: Two new watches this week!   Two new watches this week! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 7:53 pm

Lookin' good DB, nice snags!
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: Two new watches this week!   Two new watches this week! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 8:20 pm

Nice Pick-ups DB! I see you finally got that Clean Pilot look you were after.....where did you get it from? The Invicta is just a great look from an iconic design. Great choices!
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Two new watches this week!   Two new watches this week! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 9:53 pm

Nice pick ups...

...both watches actually look nice!

Enjoy!

Senior Associate
barnbuilder

PostSubject: Re: Two new watches this week!   Two new watches this week! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 10:15 pm

great watches DB! I really like the pilot watch, hope you can bring it the next time we meet up
enjoy both of them!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Two new watches this week!   Two new watches this week! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 11:22 pm

Thanks guys! John, the seller was "german-automatic" on eBay. I bought it before Christmas, but it just got here. Ron, I was planning on being there today, but I'm in bed with a stomach bug I inherited from my kids! Ill definitely bring it next time!
Back to top Go down
smellody
Consigliere
smellody

PostSubject: Re: Two new watches this week!   Two new watches this week! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 12:20 pm

Very cool DB! Iy was only a few months ago that you were a one watch man. Now look at you!
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Two new watches this week!   Two new watches this week! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 4:07 pm

Hey DB ! ..Both of these are just TERRIFIC here !!! cheers You have two different styles, and two
VERY NICE watches. The look of your Aeromatic Aviator is really OUTSTANDING. You have that
exceptional aviation feel going on with the watch that REALLY grabs your attention. Two new watches this week! 46145 Those
inner, as well as outer rings on the sial are particularly nice, and they make the dial extremely
exciting to look at. The way in which they section off the different parts of the dial is excellent
imho. Plus the vibrant white genuinely seems to leap off of the super smooth dial here. It's REALLY
an AWESOME look DB !!! ..Also enjoying how the numbers fit in with this theme. They stand out
nicely due to those rings, and add even more aviation character to this watch I think. No matter
where you turn your eyes to, there is always something to enjoy ! Smile Even that arrow/triangle at
12 o'clock is TREMENDOUS sir ! It again keeps the aviation theme going strong. Adding in more
character, as well as authenticity here. AWESOME ! ..Yet one more thing to enjoy with this dial,
must be the hands. The bright white stands out SO well against the dial here. Also the shape
on ALL of them is off the charts cool TOO. The hour, along with minute hand have all of the size,
as well as ALL of the neat angles, and personality that really makes an aviation watch so GREAT.
The second hand looks fantastic as well as it cuts across this exceptional dial. ..Wow what a
watch, and dial DB. Just look at the case here also ! The shape, along with that bead-blasted
finish is TOO NICE sir. You can see, and enjoy the shape of the case, but also quality of the steel
as a result. It also helps lead your eyes to that PHENOMENAL crown there !!! ..Not to mention
the rest of the watch, along with unbelievably eye-catching color, and look of that strap. Seems
like no stone was left unturned in creating this watch. It's literally flying right off of the charts ! cheers

Moving to your new Invicta, this watch has the dive watch look done just right ! ..There is that
CLASSIC styling, along with sporty good looks here that honestly is easy on the eyes. The deep
dark dial is elegant, and adventurous imho. There is just something about a black dial, together
with all of the stainless steel that works so well ! Two new watches this week! 803574 ..Think it must be the combination once
again of smoothness, or coolness with sportiness. In any case, it looks GREAT sir. Also have to
mention that the steel ring near the outer edge of the dial is a neat idea. It adds more attitude,
as well as intrigue to the dial, while kicking the quality up another notch too. Same goes for the
different looking marker shapes on the dial. Seeing the dot markers is cool enough, but then to
have triangles, AND rectangles added to the formula is REALLY something to see. It just brings
the whole feel of the watch together in such an impressive way. While the hands solidify this
with THEIR legedary look, and style also. VERY NICE ! ..Moving to the bezel, the numbering, as
well as markings fit in just right. Seeing them against that piano black finish is unforgettable.
Plus the edge on the bezel looks EXCELLENT, with it's sharp, yet cool edge there. Two new watches this week! 933578 That
right there is another example of how this watch blends the classy, with the sporty in super
cool package here. It's the looks, along with the quality that makes this one SO nice sir. Even
the case, and bracelet with it's combination of polished, and brushed sections has to make
you smile ! Smile This Invicta is full of sportiness, and class !!!

Congratulations on BOTH of these, and I hope you REALLY enjoy them !

Great watches, and GREAT pics !

Last edited by AtomicTom on Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Two new watches this week!   Two new watches this week! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 8:26 pm

Chris, it's up to 5, and I think you have some burden of guilt in this matter. It's hard to pick which one I want to wear in the morning!

Tom, thanks for your comments!
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Two new watches this week!   Two new watches this week! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 10:22 pm

You got it DB ! ..Keep enjoying those two there !!! Very Happy

Associate
watchdaddy1

PostSubject: Re: Two new watches this week!   Two new watches this week! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 2:53 pm

I still own the 8926 & I LOVE IT it's 1 I will never get rid of...ENJOY THEM BOTH
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: Two new watches this week!   Two new watches this week! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 3:39 pm

Nice Aviator...I need to pick one up someday, now I have another to add to the list. Two new watches this week! 803574 Nothing wrong with the 8926 either.....It's the most popular Invicta ever made I think...Enjoy them both!!

Two new watches this week! Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Two new watches this week!   Two new watches this week! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Two new watches this week!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum :: Welcome To The Lounge! :: Who Are You, What Did You Just Get, What do you have? :: New Arrivals-
Jump to: