The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I bought 3 watches this week...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

I bought 3 watches this week... Empty
PostSubject: I bought 3 watches this week...   I bought 3 watches this week... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 12:29 pm

Yesterday, I bought two watches (that I will actually wear)that cost me under $100 each. I plan on doing a mod on each...here they are :

1. Casio MDV102-1AV "Illuminator" Dive Watch

This diver is now discontinued and pretty damn cool IMO. I am thinking of changing the hands on this and maybe getting the case PVD'd...who knows. I like the LED lighting on the watch.

2. 1978 SEIKO 7548-7000 "Super Quartz"

This model is starting to get "pricey", so I decided to get one before everything gets out of hand. It seems to be in pretty good shape, with a few aftermarket parts, but I purchased it for the movement...I see a new dial, chapter ring, hands and bezel insert in this watches future! Maybe get the original dial relumed by Jack at IWW too...

3. Invicta 9308 Pro Diver...

Yep, I took the plunge and picked one up. Basically it is just to mess with and take apart. I have never owned a "TV Brand" watch...so I plan to check the quality, open it up and poke around. Who knows...maybe I will be "wearing it in good health" some day soon!

Senior Associate
barnbuilder

PostSubject: Re: I bought 3 watches this week...   I bought 3 watches this week... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 4:09 pm

great to see these mods picking up here, loved the last one you made and I've got a 6309 to do also after seeing yours and how cool it turned out
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: I bought 3 watches this week...   I bought 3 watches this week... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 7:18 pm

Whoa Mark, this sounds like it's going to be triple the fun !!! cheers Even though I can't
see them, I imagine that they are going to look outstanding when you are finished
with them. The Casio sounds like it is REALLY cool, and perfect for this project. Don't
think I have seen too many watches PVD'd before by someone, so that's going to
be neat if you get that done, and the whole LED theme with those watches should
make for a mean, futuristic feel. alien I bought 3 watches this week... 933578.

The vintage Seiko with the Super Quartz sounds very intriguing also ! I bought 3 watches this week... 803574 I mean if it
says "Super" it must be pretty special, and can just imagine what this watch is going
to look like with all of those bells, and whistles you are talking about adding. A dial alone
would be fine by itself, but to then add in new hands, bezel insert, and chapter ring is
awesome. That one is going to rival, if not surpass your last project I bet. ..Having
it relumed will definitely be interesting to see as well. cyclops

Sounds like that Invicta is going to be nice as well. Smile You'll probably end up enjoying
the classy/sporty style a lot, and may not even want to mod it right away. Still once
you do, that will honestly be the first time having the chance to see an Invicta modified.
It should be a lot of fun to see, and I'm sure do for you. ..By the way, if you were to
add new hands, chapter, rings, bezels etc, how would that work? Are there aftermarket
parts available for them, or would other brands parts like Seiko for example actually
work in a situation like that? ..In any case, thanks for letting us know you will be getting
these watches, and maybe modding them. Congratulations, enjoy, have fun, and keep
us updated on how things are going with everything !

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I bought 3 watches this week...   I bought 3 watches this week... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I bought 3 watches this week...
Page 1 of 1