The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ViperFish CLASSIC BLACK DIAL: MODEL 08510

Go down 
+4
Northwestguy
Anomaly
smellody
TVDinner
8 posters
AuthorMessage
TVDinner
Senior Associate
TVDinner

ViperFish CLASSIC BLACK DIAL: MODEL 08510  Empty
PostSubject: ViperFish CLASSIC BLACK DIAL: MODEL 08510    ViperFish CLASSIC BLACK DIAL: MODEL 08510  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 11:51 pm

Here are some pictures of my ViperFish. I have had money saved for this watch since I saw George Fox at the Get Together in PA last year. It finally arrived and I was lucky enough to be one of the first people to get in on the pre orders and get one.

This is a serious watch and I CAN'T WAIT until the bracelet comes out for this one to really complete it in my opinion. A watch like this NEEDS a bracelet in my opinion BUT the current rubber strap is silky smooth and very very soft.

By my unofficial measurements this watch is 47mm without the crown and about 52mm with the crown and about 18mm tall. George's blog lists the watch as 48mm diameter by 18.5mm height, which is about the same as what I got unofficially.

Using the mailing scale at my office it weights 8.9 ounces or 252.310 g

Some people have commented that it "wears smaller" then its size and that is true AND not true. Width wise it does not feel large as its actual size BUT height wise it really does. It is funny when you can't get your jacket on because of the watch height. But width wise it is very comfortable even on a 7-7.5 inch wrist. One of my employees (female) has a 5 inch wrist and this watch fit on her wrist also because of the big curve of the case and lugs.

Here are some pictures.

ViperFish CLASSIC BLACK DIAL: MODEL 08510  Viper1

ViperFish CLASSIC BLACK DIAL: MODEL 08510  Viper2

ViperFish CLASSIC BLACK DIAL: MODEL 08510  Viper3

ViperFish CLASSIC BLACK DIAL: MODEL 08510  Viper4

ViperFish CLASSIC BLACK DIAL: MODEL 08510  Viper5

ViperFish CLASSIC BLACK DIAL: MODEL 08510  Viper6

ViperFish CLASSIC BLACK DIAL: MODEL 08510  Viper7

ViperFish CLASSIC BLACK DIAL: MODEL 08510  Viper8

ViperFish CLASSIC BLACK DIAL: MODEL 08510  Viper9

ViperFish CLASSIC BLACK DIAL: MODEL 08510  Viper10

ViperFish CLASSIC BLACK DIAL: MODEL 08510  Viper11

ViperFish CLASSIC BLACK DIAL: MODEL 08510  Viper12

ViperFish CLASSIC BLACK DIAL: MODEL 08510  Viper13

ViperFish CLASSIC BLACK DIAL: MODEL 08510  Viper14
Back to top Go down
smellody
Consigliere
smellody

PostSubject: Re: ViperFish CLASSIC BLACK DIAL: MODEL 08510    ViperFish CLASSIC BLACK DIAL: MODEL 08510  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 1:07 am

Cool watch! Great pictures. Enjoy it!
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: ViperFish CLASSIC BLACK DIAL: MODEL 08510    ViperFish CLASSIC BLACK DIAL: MODEL 08510  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 1:12 am

SERIOUS watch...

Great pics!

ENJOY!

Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: ViperFish CLASSIC BLACK DIAL: MODEL 08510    ViperFish CLASSIC BLACK DIAL: MODEL 08510  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 2:29 am

That is a skyscraper of a watch! Can't ever go wrong with a black dialed watch. Congratulations!
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: ViperFish CLASSIC BLACK DIAL: MODEL 08510    ViperFish CLASSIC BLACK DIAL: MODEL 08510  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 5:37 am

These are nice for sure.......and it does look cool!! Still not so sure about the height.......Congrats!!

ViperFish CLASSIC BLACK DIAL: MODEL 08510  Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
watchdaddy1
Associate
watchdaddy1

PostSubject: Re: ViperFish CLASSIC BLACK DIAL: MODEL 08510    ViperFish CLASSIC BLACK DIAL: MODEL 08510  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 10:39 am

Damn you happy to see me!!!
Congrats that's way cool
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: ViperFish CLASSIC BLACK DIAL: MODEL 08510    ViperFish CLASSIC BLACK DIAL: MODEL 08510  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 6:02 pm

Wow that's a MONSTER affraid Can't wait to see that on the bracelet myself. Thought for sure it would be my first NFW, but my tastes have changed too much since the first sneek peeks. Glad you got yours and are happy with it. Enjoy.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: ViperFish CLASSIC BLACK DIAL: MODEL 08510    ViperFish CLASSIC BLACK DIAL: MODEL 08510  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 6:16 pm

Oh COOL James ! Cool Cool ViperFish CLASSIC BLACK DIAL: MODEL 08510  803574 ViperFish CLASSIC BLACK DIAL: MODEL 08510  803574 ..Your version of the ViperFish is just astounding right here !!!!
It has the attitude, and aggression that we saw in Dale's the other day, but still manages to have
a different kind of feel to it at the same time. Smile That classic black dial you mention is a BIG part of it
imho, and so is the stainless steel theme that is on this particular variation. Staying with that stainless
steel look, it's something to see just how unbelievably well everything fits together. You can honestly
see, as well as appreciate the detail that went into each piece of this case. The various shapes, along
with how they are combined together make the ViperFish an entirely new animal in the watch world
if you ask me. It is the kind of watch that stands out because it doesn't follow along with any one look,
or theme we are used to. The watch surprises at every turn, while surpassing every expectation. Must
be quite impressive in person James ! Very Happy Yowza ! ..Going back to the case once again, it's neat to see
how all of the parts come together with this piece. There are many different things going on that make
this watch so exhilarating. The wide, and thick case rises off of the wrist with vengeance. However,
because of the craftsmanship of every element in the case, and how it all comes together so perfectly,
there is classy, sportiness that happens. You can see that with the AWESOME aggressiveness, comes
great comfort as well like you mentioned. Think alot of the comfort might come from the way in which
those unique lugs extend from the case. It's neat because on the one hand they add to the lines, as
well as levels of the case. While on the other, they help the watch flow as one complete piece. It's
OUTSTANDING ! Another outstanding, and exhilarating part of this watch are those cylindrical areas
that house the screws. What's great is how they contribute to the look of the case, along with bezel,
but also show that this watch is really really well designed, and built. ViperFish CLASSIC BLACK DIAL: MODEL 08510  46145 I also like how the brushed,
and beadblasted sections of this watch grab your attention. You are honestly not going to see details like
this much imho, and it makes the ViperFish even more enjoyable. Same goes for the bezel on this watch.
Again the stainless steel version here, helps to show off all of the details even more ! All of the half moon
shapes taken from the steel are just EXCELLENT if you ask me. This is not a bezel that you will see on
countless other watches around. It is unique to THIS watch, which is really refreshing to see, and of course
own, I would imagine TOO ! cheers Want to also just add that this dial is just as exhilarating. The back,
and fourth of marker shapes is INCREDIBLE. Also am noticing that they happen to be submerged into
the chapter ring as well. It's very noticeable, and VERY cool to see. Might be the classic black dial color
that helps set off everything ! There is this hypnotizing sun-ray effect that bounces off all of the shapes,
edges, and hands that definitely makes you smile. Even all of the hands become more enjoyable as a
result. Between the dial color, as well as their exceptionally nice designs, the hands continue the exhilarating
theme. You get more cool shapes, size, and color with all of them. Plus you get that uniquely cool NFW
emblem in there also ! Woohoo !!! ViperFish CLASSIC BLACK DIAL: MODEL 08510  933578 The case-back with it's ViperFish, movement, and decoration
take the fit, and finish up yet one more level. While the sleek strap finishes it off with some extra sport,
and class ! Congrats on picking this exhilarating NFW up James !!! ..Keep enjoying it sir !

Amazing pictures of this AMAZING watch !

PostSubject: Re: ViperFish CLASSIC BLACK DIAL: MODEL 08510    ViperFish CLASSIC BLACK DIAL: MODEL 08510  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ViperFish CLASSIC BLACK DIAL: MODEL 08510
Page 1 of 1