The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Some Sandwich Dial love - NOT - a Panerai...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

Some Sandwich Dial love - NOT - a Panerai... Empty
PostSubject: Some Sandwich Dial love - NOT - a Panerai...   Some Sandwich Dial love - NOT - a Panerai... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 3:48 pm

Some Sandwich Dial love - NOT - a Panerai... Steinchrongrey3

Some Sandwich Dial love - NOT - a Panerai... Steinchrongrey4

Some Sandwich Dial love - NOT - a Panerai... Steinchrongrey2

Measures 48mm x 17.5mm...

Movement is the Swiss automatic ETA caliber Valjoux 7753 with 25 jewels, 28,800 vph and a power reserve of 44 hours. It is done in the “Top Grade Soigné Finish” elaboration and is equipped with a Steinhart rotor in gun metal plating with Geneva Stripes finish...

1240 Euros...

From TZ...

Senior Associate
TAZMAN64

PostSubject: Re: Some Sandwich Dial love - NOT - a Panerai...   Some Sandwich Dial love - NOT - a Panerai... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 4:16 pm

ive never liked the sandwhich dial much, but this one i do. sweet watch but imo its to big at 48mm and i dont like the tachymeter on the bezel. other than that its a winner. steve
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some Sandwich Dial love - NOT - a Panerai...   Some Sandwich Dial love - NOT - a Panerai... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 4:35 pm

Very cool watch, just not sure if i like the dial color! dievas makes some nice sandwich dials but they are so darn close to Panerai, almost pulled the trigger on one that i thought wasnt a panerai style dial and then alan posted a new watch with the same dial, sure it was a dial from panerai back in the 50's and they reissued it in a white gold case! Back to Steinhart, you can sure see who was the brains behind the steinhart/debaufre watch operation. Since they split steinhart is coming out with some amazing new stuff and debaufre seems to be stuck in the mud!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some Sandwich Dial love - NOT - a Panerai...   Some Sandwich Dial love - NOT - a Panerai... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 6:22 pm

Wow, what a great looking watch, I personally like everything about that one....too bad they only made 20 and they show sold out....It was a limited edition of 20 watches.....

Oh, and not that it matters now, but the price was 1043 EUR(without the VAT).

The Marine Chronograph, limited to 20 pieces in the "Edizione limitata Grigio" is a modern interpretation of an observer chronograph which was developed near the end of World War II for deck officers of the Italian navy. With its solid stainless steel case it does not quite reach the extent of its inspirational counter part, but with its diameter of 48mm it isn't an inconspicuous dwarf on anyones wrist either. The second thing that inevitably catches the eye is the elaborate, three-piece sandwich-dial, which, depending on how the light hits it, shimmers in all imaginable shades of gray underneath the matte-black and shiny-silver hands. The Marine Chronograph is powered by a Swiss ETA Valjoux 7753 in the TOP version, that also deserves the Steinhart-typical rotor, which in this case incorporates a similar shade and effect as the dial. The screw-down sapphire crystal case back allows for an unlimited view of this precision eye candy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some Sandwich Dial love - NOT - a Panerai...   Some Sandwich Dial love - NOT - a Panerai... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 8:26 pm

Some Sandwich Dial love - NOT - a Panerai... 933578 Dial looks gold but if its grey i could dig it but not at that price and they are all sold!
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Some Sandwich Dial love - NOT - a Panerai...   Some Sandwich Dial love - NOT - a Panerai... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 10:35 pm

Oh man does this look GREAT or what ?! Seems like Steinhart has done it once
again. Some Sandwich Dial love - NOT - a Panerai... 46145 The whole look of this watch is neat in my opinion. ..Especially like
how you can see the texture of the metal both on the bezel, and the dial itself.
Also like how Steinhart gave us the chance to really appreciate the sandwich
dial with the various cut out markers, and numbers. Those extra small dots
near the center of the dial at the 11, 12, 1, 5, 6, and 7 o'clock positions add
even more personality to this one. ..Two thumbs up here Alan ! Some Sandwich Dial love - NOT - a Panerai... 803574 Some Sandwich Dial love - NOT - a Panerai... 803574

Thanks very much for finding it !

Consigliere
smellody

PostSubject: Re: Some Sandwich Dial love - NOT - a Panerai...   Some Sandwich Dial love - NOT - a Panerai... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 11:03 pm

Nice watch on so many levels! I don't mind the Tachymeter look on this one. I think the watch "pulls it off."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some Sandwich Dial love - NOT - a Panerai...   Some Sandwich Dial love - NOT - a Panerai... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 12:47 am

No date? No thanks.....
Back to top Go down
barnbuilder
Senior Associate
barnbuilder

PostSubject: Re: Some Sandwich Dial love - NOT - a Panerai...   Some Sandwich Dial love - NOT - a Panerai... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 3:05 am

I like it a lot!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some Sandwich Dial love - NOT - a Panerai...   Some Sandwich Dial love - NOT - a Panerai... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some Sandwich Dial love - NOT - a Panerai...
Page 1 of 1