The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bulova Farnsworth Chronograph

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Bulova Farnsworth Chronograph Empty
PostSubject: Bulova Farnsworth Chronograph   Bulova Farnsworth Chronograph Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 10:25 pm

This was a shnoop deal the other day and I bit on it.

Bulova Farnsworth Chronograph Bulovafarnsworthfront

It is an A07.211 Valgrange Movement. It has the white Clou de Paris patterned chronograph dial. It has butterfly dual deployant clasp. The bracelet is simple, solid end links, high polished, which is magnet for smudges and fingerprints. Signed crown, non screw down. No lume, red accents on the chrono seconds hand, every 5th minute marker, and the 12 and 30 of the minute and hour totalizers.

Bulova Farnsworth Chronograph Bulovafarnsworthside

Bulova Farnsworth Chronograph Bulovafarnsworthbottom

Accuracy is spot on right now, though it has only been half a day. Overall, I like the looks, its big and beefy at 44mm and 14mm tall. Probably at the high end of what I like to wear. The dial is elegant for a chronograph and I really like the red accents.

I do wish the caseback was completely see through. It looks like a plain old undecorated movement, but I think it looks good.

Bulova Farnsworth Chronograph Bulovafarnsworthbacksid

I'll end it with the obligatory wrist shot.

Bulova Farnsworth Chronograph Bulovafarnsworthwrist
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bulova Farnsworth Chronograph   Bulova Farnsworth Chronograph Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 10:13 am

nicccccccccccce pick up.very classy & clean timepiece
Back to top Go down
smellody
Consigliere
smellody

PostSubject: Re: Bulova Farnsworth Chronograph   Bulova Farnsworth Chronograph Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 10:50 am

Nice snag! I like the textured dial and caseback design. Very nice!
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Bulova Farnsworth Chronograph   Bulova Farnsworth Chronograph Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 12:20 pm

Very cool looking watch!

Really like the dial texture...ENJOY!

Senior Associate
TAZMAN64

PostSubject: Re: Bulova Farnsworth Chronograph   Bulova Farnsworth Chronograph Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 1:58 pm

congrats on your new pick up, the valgranges movement is sweeeet!! enjoy it. steve
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Bulova Farnsworth Chronograph   Bulova Farnsworth Chronograph Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 3:29 pm

What an unbelievably beautiful Bulova Aztecknight !!!! cyclops Smile Bulova Farnsworth Chronograph 46145 The look, fit, and finish,
along with AMAZING movement are ASTONISHING ! This has to be one of THE nicest Bulovas
out there, and Bulova makes ALOT of nice watches, so this is REALLY GREAT here. It's just
incredible how much detail, and hard work Bulova put into this one. ..I mean the patterned
dial alone holds enough enjoyment within it by itself. Bulova Farnsworth Chronograph 803574 The way each cube-like piece of
texturing is separated, AND raised up above the actual dial surface is excellent. It's the kind
of dial that when you start to really look at things, and take them in, you can genuinely get
lost within it. There are just so many little details it's SPECTACULAR sir. Besides the overall
look of the texturing, it's neat to see how some of the texturing actually continues right
through the one sub-dial. While leaving the other two completely smooth. Wow ! Thats just
THE BEST right there. Also enjoying how the texturing continues on the other side of that
outer ring. Looks like Bulova wanted to bring even more character to the dial by putting the
ring on top of the texturing there, and man oh man did they ever do a GREAT job with that.
Bulova seems to have added some of the most classic, and elegant touches with your new
Farnsworth Chronograph. From that dial texture we just talked about, to the classic style
of the sub-dials with all of their fine detail, along with accents. Even the hands on this watch
keep that classy theme going strong with their shape, as well as finish. It's a look that you
can't forget because it looks different than much of what we are used to seeing. While at
the same time seems to bring in a connection to what the classic watches of the past might
have been like. It's this combination of things old, and new that makes this watch so intriguing
in my opinion. One more thing about the dial that is TERRIFIC is how the markers seem to be
shaped much like the texturing on the dial. Very Happy There is this almost three dimensional look to
all of them which follows along with the cube-like theme of the texturing. It's REALLY something
to see imho, and it shows you more of the thought that went into making the watch. Neat stuff !
..Another neat part of this watch would HAVE to be the case Azteck ! It's just OUTSTANDING
because it has two separate parts which bring an EPIC feel to the watch. The main part bulges
outward slightly, and brings ALOT of personality to the watch. While the upper portion acts
almost like a bezel near the crystal, and dial. Yowza ! ..The whole manner in which the case
comes together, as well as fits on the wrist is tremendous. Even think the pushers are extremely
eye-catching because they manage to have those cube-like texturing details on the outside
of them. It's all pretty remarkable Azteck !!! However this watch isn't done impressing yet ! The
bracelet with it's fit, and finish, along with just overall original look add even more personality to
your watch. The style of the links, as well as quality of the clasp is unbelievable here. On top of
that, it helps lead you to the masterpiece that is this case-back, and movement are ! Bulova Farnsworth Chronograph 46145 That
half, and half theme of the case-back is ingenious in my opinion. Just allowing you to see enough
of the movement, while letting you enjoy the BEAUTIFUL movement inside. What a fantastic finish
to a UNBELIVABLE watch !!! Congratulations on picking this one up, and I hope you really enjoy it !

Beautiful Bulova, along with PICS here !

PostSubject: Re: Bulova Farnsworth Chronograph   Bulova Farnsworth Chronograph Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bulova Farnsworth Chronograph
Page 1 of 1