The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Today is a sad day...

Go down 
+2
TAZMAN64
Northwestguy
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Today is a sad day... Empty
PostSubject: Today is a sad day...   Today is a sad day... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 3:31 pm

A fellow brother, watch collector and photog has passed...

Frank "InvictaMan" passed away yesterday. For those that frequented chatzy back in the day, when we used to talk shite and joke about Jim and the shows in real time... a moment of silence for a funny and wonderful guy.

Frank..."Mozel Tov baby!"
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: Today is a sad day...   Today is a sad day... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 5:53 pm

Hey Guy, was InvictaMan the guy on WG's who was a pharmacist? If it is, he was great guy at least from reading his posts and his interactions on the forum. Peace and blessings for him and his family.
Back to top Go down
TAZMAN64
Senior Associate
TAZMAN64

PostSubject: Re: Today is a sad day...   Today is a sad day... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 6:10 pm

Northwestguy wrote:
Hey Guy, was InvictaMan the guy on WG's who was a pharmacist? If it is, he was great guy at least from reading his posts and his interactions on the forum. Peace and blessings for him and his family.
hey john, thats who i think it was and your right he was a great guy. steve
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Today is a sad day...   Today is a sad day... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 6:49 pm

Prayers for his family and friends...

Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Today is a sad day...   Today is a sad day... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 9:32 pm

Really very sorry to hear this Guy. I wasn't lucky enough to know him, or read his posts
on the various forums like you guys, but want to also send thoughts, and prayers toward
all of his family, and friends as well.

Senior Associate
jackprime1

PostSubject: Re: Today is a sad day...   Today is a sad day... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 10:14 pm

I was privileged enough to meet him 2 years ago at a gtg in pa organized by tattoo chef. I have to say he was a really genuine person and had an excellent collection. I asked to look at his Oris Pro diver and the next thing i know i am trying on his whole collection. What shame and my heart goes out to his family. R.I.P Frank....
Back to top Go down
strutn45
Senior Associate
strutn45

PostSubject: Re: Today is a sad day...   Today is a sad day... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 10:19 pm

A very sad day indeed... RIP Frank. You and and your family are in
my thoughts and prayers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Today is a sad day...   Today is a sad day... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 6:26 pm

I loved Frank and he was not only my best friend he was like a brother to me and my family. He was laid to rest yesterday afternoon, my world will never be the same. A lot of 7750's skipped a beat when he passed away. Thanks for the post Guy, Jeff had told me you called.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Today is a sad day...   Today is a sad day... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 12:10 am

i'm so glad i got to meet him twice at the ggt's.always had a smile on his face.RIP frank
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Today is a sad day...   Today is a sad day... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 2:00 am

Wow, frank wasnt that old! He was a great guy that i sold a couple pieces to and always was a happy man! Greg, was it unexpected or had frank been sick? My prayers go out to his family and all the people he touched the last few years, i know he and Greg did alot of things together and sorry for the huge loss Greg! Sad Really put this watch thing into perspective and all the silly stuff that went on over the last year! Frank you were a good man and will be missed by many!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Today is a sad day...   Today is a sad day... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 10:14 am

cali kid wrote:
Wow, frank wasnt that old! He was a great guy that i sold a couple pieces to and always was a happy man! Greg, was it unexpected or had frank been sick? My prayers go out to his family and all the people he touched the last few years, i know he and Greg did alot of things together and sorry for the huge loss Greg! Sad Really put this watch thing into perspective and all the silly stuff that went on over the last year! Frank you were a good man and will be missed by many!

He was 54, he has had heart problems many years, but his heart was healthy and no artery issues. He had a pacemaker put in many years ago, they recently put a newer version in and personally think it was defective. He was getting shocked regularly by this new pacemaker 9-10 times in a row on 3 separate times each time would require a longer hospital stay. He had finally been doing better for about a month and then the other day or night he passed away watching TV. I had talked to him that morning, everything seemed fine. Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Today is a sad day...   Today is a sad day... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 2:24 pm

Thats very sad and to think it might have been a defective part makes it stink even more! Greg, i know he was one of if not your best friend and i really feel bad for you! Loved to see you two off on watch shopping days and all the pics, some very silly as its seems Frank had a wonderful personality! He will be missed and my prayers go out to his family and also to comfort you and help you remember all the great times you two had together!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Today is a sad day...   Today is a sad day... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Today is a sad day...
Page 1 of 1