The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

80's Hamilton Khaki

Go down 
+2
AtomicTom
barnbuilder
6 posters
AuthorMessage

80's Hamilton Khaki Empty
PostSubject: 80's Hamilton Khaki   80's Hamilton Khaki Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 2:09 am

Hey guys, haven't been around much, but I just picked this up last week. I've had my eye on it for a couple months and I finally pulled the trigger. I got it at a watch repair shop for $100. The guy had just serviced it. It ran about 7-8 minutes fast the first day, but it's slowed down considerably. It still runs fast though, 45-90 seconds a day. It has a 17 jewel, handwind ETA 2750 in it.

80's Hamilton Khaki C360_214
Back to top Go down
barnbuilder
Senior Associate
barnbuilder

PostSubject: Re: 80's Hamilton Khaki   80's Hamilton Khaki Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 3:11 pm

nice pick up on the Hamilton!
handwind as well, very cool
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: 80's Hamilton Khaki   80's Hamilton Khaki Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 3:25 pm

This is just AMAZING DB ! 80's Hamilton Khaki 46145 ..I mean it is a Hamilton, AND the price that you found it
for us just STUNNING. Add to that the fact that you can find similar looking watches today
for much more, and this becomes an even BETTER find imho. Smile The whole military style
of this one is especially nice. Starting with the case, it looks to be incredibly comfortable
fitting. That size, and shape is perfect. I enjoy how the case has that area which extends
all along the sides of the case, and connects the lugs to eachother. ..Then up on the top
of that you have an upper section which almost acts like a bezel. It's a very simple, yet
VEY cool part of the watch. Not only is it a BIG part of what gives this Hamilton it's look,
but it's also a classic look, which is excellent. Also think that the finish adds a great deal
of character to the watch. ..The brushed look just gives it this no nonsense look, that
goes with the personality of the watch. If it had been polished it would have been good,
but because it's a flatter brushed look it becomes GREAT ! Very Happy Even the crown here lets
you know that this watch means business, and isn't worried about a bunch of different
functions in this case. It's only worried about telling the time in a cool, and classy way.
It's just FANTASTIC DB ! Something else that is also fantastic, as well as very enjoyable
to see, is the green cloth strap on this Hamilton. On the one hand it continues more of
that phenomenal military feel. While on the other it adds more comfort. It really is the
perfect compliment to this Hamilton, and what's just as cool, is that you can still see
this look today. In fact, it's a similar look that is on one of Hamiltons nicest watches
of today in the Frogman which you probably already know. Smile This must be one of the
nicest parts about owning a vintage watch like this. Because not only are you getting
a vintage watch, but you are also getting a watch that is in a long line, or family of
watches that you can still enjoy today. That makes things a little more special, and also
gives you a sense of history with your watch. In any case, it's pretty NEAT sir ! ..Yet
another neat aspect about your vintage hamilton HAS to be the dial. This is again a
classic look, which many watches of today seem to have looked to. The way the hands
have that look to them is just legendary with the thin, and wider parts meeting at the
top with that sharp point. Even the second hand keeps things going with it's classic theme
here. Looks like an enjoyable trio of hands right there. Just seeing them glide by the rest
of the dial with all of it's terrific personality must be fun enough. However, then you
realize that the look, and style of the numbers is grabbing your attention. You get the
main numbers with their easy to read, and aagin classic style, but then you also get the
smaller numbers on the inner portion of the dial which is extraordinary as well. The
combination of all of them works flawlessly in my opinion, and keeps the military theme
going strong. Even the triangles on the edge of the dial is off the charts if you ask me
DB, and that BOLD way "Khaki" is written on the dial is incredible as well ! 80's Hamilton Khaki 803574 What A
CLASSIC ! Congratulations on picking one up you have been after, and as always ..Enjoy !

Classic watch, and great photo !

Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: 80's Hamilton Khaki   80's Hamilton Khaki Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 5:49 pm

Great Snag DB! You'll have to bring your new ones to our next GTG!
Back to top Go down
smellody
Consigliere
smellody

PostSubject: Re: 80's Hamilton Khaki   80's Hamilton Khaki Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 11:20 pm

Nice watch DB! Having seen it in person, I really like it. Congratulations on your first Swiss mechanical.
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: 80's Hamilton Khaki   80's Hamilton Khaki Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 1:22 am

WANT!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 80's Hamilton Khaki   80's Hamilton Khaki Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 1:24 am

Thanks guys! John, my collection has doubled since the last gtg (from 3 to 6)!
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: 80's Hamilton Khaki   80's Hamilton Khaki Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 10:49 am

CLASSIC!

Enjoy!

PostSubject: Re: 80's Hamilton Khaki   80's Hamilton Khaki Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

80's Hamilton Khaki
Page 1 of 1