The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Steinhart

Go down 
+3
barnbuilder
TAZMAN64
merichar
7 posters
AuthorMessage
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

Steinhart Empty
PostSubject: Steinhart   Steinhart Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 6:07 pm

Got my first Steinhart the other day. I have wanted to try the brand for a while now.

Steinhart Miltary
42mm SS case, 12mm thick
ETA 2824-2
Domed sapphire crystal with AR

Steinhart DSCF4658

Steinhart DSCF4663
Back to top Go down

Steinhart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steinhart   Steinhart Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 6:13 pm

Very nice! Clean military look, I like it. Can't go wrong with Steinhart.
Back to top Go down

Steinhart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steinhart   Steinhart Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 6:16 pm

Looks great Mark, i'm realy impressed with Steinhart and by all the new designs there is no doubt they were the brains behind debaufre when they were working as one! Steinhart not in the USA and Debaufre in the US. Debaufre seems to have half the product selection they use to have, since the split the Steinhart watches are fresher and Debaufre seems to be buying catalog products! On top of that Gunther at Steinhart will set up about any watch you want and doesnt mind changing things a bit! Great score!

Last edited by cali kid on Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TAZMAN64
Senior Associate
TAZMAN64

Steinhart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steinhart   Steinhart Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 6:17 pm

Very nice and clean, It reminds me of your vollmer. Congrats and enjoy. Steve
Back to top Go down
barnbuilder
Senior Associate
barnbuilder

Steinhart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steinhart   Steinhart Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 6:29 pm

excellent watch and great dial on this Steinhart Mark!
I have a couple Steinhart watches I would like to own someday
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

Steinhart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steinhart   Steinhart Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 7:38 pm

What a beautiful watch Mark ! Steinhart 46145 It's something how that vibrant white dial works with
the silver of the stainless steel. Holy COW sir !!! You REALLY made a great choice deciding
to make this your first Steinhart. It has so much class, but also seems like it has a very
cool attitude about it. It's both clean, and MEAN ! Cool ..Thinking the clean part has to
include this immaculate white dial here. It's just stunning to see such a flawless looking
dial, and the white genuinely shows off everything this watch has to offer. The circle in
the center was a neat idea because it adds another layer to the dial while also showcasing
the Steinhart emblem, as well as date window. On top of that it shows off the hands,
which couldn't be ANY nicer imho. The finish of them almost seems to reflect the finish
of the case exactly. It's just incredible ! Even when you look at the shape of the hands
that Steinhart went with you have to be amazed. The sharp end of the minute hand is
perfect, and so is the decision to make the hour hand have a flat end. It's very subtle,
but VERY cool if you ask me Mark. Even the second hand mixes the simple with the
dynamic, as it seems to reach extra far across the dial, while also having a neat diamond
shaped weight, or design on the other side of it. Have to also mention that the number
style on this Steinhart is fantastic as well sir. The way they seem so simple, yet extremely
noticeable at the very same time is unbelievable. Add in the eye-catching upside down
triangle at the 12 o'clock position, and you have more of the flawless formula coming
together with this one. The formula continues on the outer edge of the dial with that track.
It kind of reminds you of classic vintage styles, and holds all of the markers, and hash marks
so well. Also enjoying those small greenish yellow markings which are there also. They
manage to fit in between the other markings just right, and seem like they must give
off a very bright glow too. Smile Again it goes back to the perfect blending of simplicity,
and dynamic craftsmanship that genuinely makes your new Steinhart SO GREAT. Just
looking at the bezel, and case for example shows this even more imho. The incredibly
detailed brushing captures your attention right away here as it flows around, and around
in a neverending way. WOW ! Then you notice the special attention to detail with the
teeth on the bezel's edge, which further add to the beauty of the watch. The way each
of them again stands out, but manages to also be so classy is AWESOME. Also noticing
how the teeth play off, as well as point to that terrific crown also. It's a neat theme,
and is also a very memorable part of this Steinhart. Actually there isn't one part about
this new Steinhart of your's that isn't memorable Mark. From the stunning dial, to the
awesome bezel, and case, this one does it all. Even the way those lugs look so invincible,
or how the quality, and texture of the strap is, seems spectacular !!! That case-back is
just BEAUTIFUL as well sir, with all of the etching, and brushing. What a CLASSIC, along
with DYNAMIC watch ! Congratulations on your first Steinhart, and as always, I really
hope you enjoy it !

Dynamic watch, and PICS !

Consigliere
sixtysix

Steinhart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steinhart   Steinhart Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 8:51 pm

Jeez that's nice Mark Steinhart 803574 ...I guess I need to check their website again, I have never even seen one of these. Congrats!

Steinhart Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down

Steinhart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steinhart   Steinhart Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 9:36 am

I looked hard at that one a few months ago. Very nice! I love the white dial. Congrats.

The only thing that concerned me was the lack of any water resistance? It's supposed to be a military watch that cant get wet?
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

Steinhart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steinhart   Steinhart Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 9:44 am

Very CLEAN!

Nice pics...ENJOY!

Consigliere
smellody

Steinhart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steinhart   Steinhart Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 12:01 pm

Nice watch Mark! Love the clean white dial.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Steinhart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steinhart   Steinhart Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Steinhart
Page 1 of 1