The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My first venture into a micro brand

Go down 
+3
sixtysix
Northwestguy
TAZMAN64
7 posters
AuthorMessage

My first venture into a micro brand  Empty
PostSubject: My first venture into a micro brand    My first venture into a micro brand  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 1:02 am

After a week long search and being outbid on 2 separate auctions, I was able to snag one from a member. He initially declined to sell one of his, but had a change of heart when a great opportunity came along for him. Thanks for helping me out of my rut Rich.

My first venture into a micro brand  E3-5-11003-1

My first venture into a micro brand  E3-5-11004

My first venture into a micro brand  E3-5-11005

My first venture into a micro brand  E3-5-11006
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My first venture into a micro brand    My first venture into a micro brand  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 1:18 am

Sweet watch TK sorry TS will take some time!! My first venture into a micro brand  71883 Great score and enjoy that big monster! My first venture into a micro brand  74725
Back to top Go down
TAZMAN64
Senior Associate
TAZMAN64

PostSubject: Re: My first venture into a micro brand    My first venture into a micro brand  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 1:42 am

Way to go Tuna, The meg is a monster of a watch and i like the first meg the best. The dial color is pretty cool how it changes in the light. Glad you like it and thanks for the pics. Steve
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My first venture into a micro brand    My first venture into a micro brand  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 1:55 am

cali kid wrote:
Sweet watch TK sorry TS will take some time!! My first venture into a micro brand  71883 Great score and enjoy that big monster! My first venture into a micro brand  74725

Lol. TK is just fine Trevor! Hell, I almost forgot that I was TS till I looked at the screen. I'm still not used to it.
Thanks for the props fellas.
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: My first venture into a micro brand    My first venture into a micro brand  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 1:57 am

Definitely a beast!....................a great looking Beast! Cool that you were able to get one.
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: My first venture into a micro brand    My first venture into a micro brand  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 8:18 am

By all accounts these great watches, I think you will be very happy with it!! I love the lume shot....holy shit!!

My first venture into a micro brand  Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: My first venture into a micro brand    My first venture into a micro brand  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 5:13 pm

Looks like the wait was well worth it Tuna ! My first venture into a micro brand  46145 This Megalodon is SCARY GOOD !
From that fantastic finish on the watch, to the uniqie look of the bezel, case, and
dial, this watch is something to behold. Want to say that the whole look of this
couldn't be nicer, and even though you were looking at the other versions earlier,
it's THIS one that REALLY ROCKS. My first venture into a micro brand  933578 You have that extremely classy finish which
covers the entire watch from bracelet, to bezel, and it just captures everything
that is cool about this watch imho. Each angle, as well as turn in the case, bezel,
and bracelet just seems to become more attractive. The bezel for instance seems
to have such a unique style to it. There are those HUGE bites taken out of the
edge, which honestly seems to fit in perfectly with the theme of the watch ! It
grabs your attention, but also blends in with the watch too. Also think the top of
the bezel is exceptional as well Tuna. You have the great markings, along with
numbers that dot the surface, and even seem to be etched into the steel. It's
just TERRIFIC in my opinion. Really enjoying that lume marker at 12 o'clock also
sir. Hey, and how about the case shape on this Benarus ?! When you see it from
the side in your excellent pictures, you can see that there is alot that went into
making this case. It's kind of cut into various segments that genuinely look TOO
GOOD. Almost has a UFO/Submarine thing happening ! ..It's AWESOME ! The many
different shapes, along with craftsmanship of adding them to one another is just
remarkable. Just the whole look, quality, and overall height of it is THE BEST. Wow !
..Have to also mention that the way the case works with the bracelet is very nice
too. It's neat because the bracelet, just like the case, and bezel is extremely unique
in it's look. At the same time the workmanship, materials, and all around quality
really seem to match that uniqueness the whole time which is just great. Many
times a watch might look unique, but you wonder if the quality matches the look.
With your Megalodon, there is NO question that the entire watch surpasses all
expectations, and is exceptional at EVERY turn, no matter where you look ! My first venture into a micro brand  803574
Probably the most noticeable point of the watch has to be the dial though. Again,
you have some especially unique things going on. The markers have that ingenius
shark tooth shape to them which is phenomenal imho. On top of that the lume glows
like the sun in the dark. ..Unbelievable !!! Even the hands keep that shark theme
going strong with their aggressively different shape. To see them move around this
dial must be something to see, and of course enjoy. It's just the perfect blend of
aggressive dive watch styling, along with exceptional quality, and class. There
are the VERY noticeable features like those markers, bezel, and case shape, but
then there are the subtle features that help make this watch complete like the
lighter center part of the dial, and sporty chapter ring. Even the crown with it's
size, along with Benarus emblem on it are exceptional. That seems to be one of
the themes that comes up alot with this unique watch. It's EXCEPTIONAL ! Smile
Congratulations on your new Megalodon, and I hope you really enjoy it Tuna !

Exceptional watch, as well as pictures !

Associate
watchdaddy1

PostSubject: Re: My first venture into a micro brand    My first venture into a micro brand  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 7:45 pm

Benarus is the shyt, cant go wrong their, custo service is top notch to boot.CONGRATS on your 1st , most definatly wont be your last I bet.
The lume is so SICK & if you r like me lume is important & Steve does some of the best IMO
wILLIAM
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: My first venture into a micro brand    My first venture into a micro brand  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 8:01 pm

I REALLY like the markers on that one...ENJOY!

PostSubject: Re: My first venture into a micro brand    My first venture into a micro brand  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 8:19 pm

Bad-Ass Benarus, it is the fish that keeps getting away from me. Some day I will snag one. Congrats!
Back to top Go down
barnbuilder
Senior Associate
barnbuilder

PostSubject: Re: My first venture into a micro brand    My first venture into a micro brand  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 3:23 pm

congrats on the new watch Eric!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My first venture into a micro brand    My first venture into a micro brand  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 11:02 pm

Thanks very much fellas!
Tom, it is definitely an awesome piece. I was looking at other finish variations because I just wanted one and couldn't be picky. Truth is, this is the one that I really wanted when I saw it on another forum. Of course, this won't be the last one that I own. It's definitely unique and I can't take it off!
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: My first venture into a micro brand    My first venture into a micro brand  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 1:47 am

tunaslayr wrote:
Thanks very much fellas!
Tom, it is definitely an awesome piece. I was looking at other finish variations because I just wanted one and couldn't be picky. Truth is, this is the one that I really wanted when I saw it on another forum. Of course, this won't be the last one that I own. It's definitely unique and I can't take it off!

You definitely picked out a winner Tuna. Congratulations on your first of many Benarus watches
to come. What A Watch ! ..Enjoy wearing this one sir. Smile

PostSubject: Re: My first venture into a micro brand    My first venture into a micro brand  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 6:08 pm

that's one killer B.the bead blasted look & that dial really go together
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My first venture into a micro brand    My first venture into a micro brand  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My first venture into a micro brand
Page 1 of 1