The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Halios Bluering

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Halios Bluering Empty
PostSubject: Halios Bluering   Halios Bluering Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 5:21 pm

So I've talked about wanting one of these watches in the past, but was never able to make the jump. I finally decided that in order to scratch the itch, I'd have to buy one. I figured if I didn't like it, I wouldn't have too hard of a time getting rid of it. So I've picked up a brushed finished, black bezel, blue dial, and #100/100 Bluering.

Halios Bluering Haliosdown
Halios Bluering Halios3

The watch came in a beige Pelican box with warranty card and a nice rubber strap. It has an eta 2824 and sapphire crystal. It's big at 44.5mm.

Halios Bluering Halioswrist2
Halios Bluering Haliosside
Halios Bluering Haliosunder

I really like the bracelet, it's solid and easy to wear. Has a diver safety clasp but its a pull open clasp, there's probably a more elegant way to say that, but I have no idea. It also has a diver's extension. As someone mentioned to me, the bracelet does contrast the head. It is very angular where is the head of the watch is smooth, rounded.

Halios Bluering Halios
Halios Bluering Halios2
Halios Bluering Halios2

So far its dead on with time.gov. The crystal is domed, though I do wish it had a little more anti-reflection coating. Signed clasp and crown.

Halios Bluering Halios5
Halios Bluering Halios6

The lume of course is great. 300M water resistance. My favorite part of the watch is the dial. I love the hour markers and dial hands. Also like the fact that it's not busy looking. The bluering markings are subdued and I like the 3 crescent moon symbol. In summary, I've heard the term "tool diver" used before, I think this fits that term perfectly. Thanks for looking.

Halios Bluering Halioslume
Halios Bluering Halioswrist
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

Halios Bluering Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halios Bluering   Halios Bluering Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 2:28 pm

I always loved that design.

Consigliere
sixtysix

Halios Bluering Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halios Bluering   Halios Bluering Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 3:38 pm

Just a great looking watch! Awesome easy to read dial... Halios Bluering 803574

Halios Bluering Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

Halios Bluering Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halios Bluering   Halios Bluering Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 4:38 pm

They do have a cool logo...

Senior Consigliere

Halios Bluering Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halios Bluering   Halios Bluering Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 4:46 pm

Whoa Azteck, THIS watch is EXTRAORDINARY ! Halios Bluering 803574 Smile Can definitely see why you have
wanted one of these for so long. This Halios has such a presence about it I think ! Not
only does it have a cool name, but it has one INCREDIBLY cool look also. Honestly looks
as though all of the hard work Halios put into creating these watches payed off in a big
way. They seem to have built a watch that brings in all of the best dive watch qualities
together in one especially unique, and IMPRESSIVE package. Want to say congratulations
on your decision to pick this one up. It is BEYOND cool !!! By the way, trying to find a
place to start with this watch is always hard, but fun at the very same time. Think maybe
we will be different this time around, and start with the bracelet. It REALLY does look solid,
yet comfortable like you are pointing out. From your AWESOME pics you can see that
this bracelet is above, and beyond what we often see out there. The manner in which
this bracelet seems to curl up around the case in your first picture is TOO GOOD. Almost
seems as if the bracelet is like some mechanical serpent that mixes in some of the coolest
angles, tank-like quality, along with of course excellent looks. Just the way each link is
built, and designed is THE best. It's not a bracelet that we are going to be able to see
on another watch I don't think. That alone is pretty remarkable imho. Many times a
bracelet gets overlooked when it comes to watches, but Halios REALLY went the extra
mile here to do something EXTRAORDINARY, and DYNAMIC with this one. What a great
job ! Halios Bluering 46145 Also want to mention that the looks of the bracelet works amazingly well with
the smooth case by the way. Not only does the finish match perfectly, but the dynamic
personality of the bracelet is also seen with the case, and dial. This case may be smooth
in how it looks in comparison to the aggressive bracelet, but that contrast is one of the
things that makes the watch so appealing. If the bracelet was just your average every
day bracelet, the Bluering would look fine, but with this bracelet, it completes a look that is
off the charts ! Staying with the case now is a ton of fun by the way. That smooth, streamlined
design is something to behold. Just as the bracelet was different in comparison to other
bracelets. This case is different when it comes to other cases. It's just got this refined,
aerodynamic theme that almost seems extraterrestrial. Really IS the perfect blending of
modern, and vintage styles which when brought together create more of that dynamic feel.
Even the crown is out of this world with it's location, and size. AWESOME ! The bezel here
also pulls you in with it's own aggressive style that reminds you of the bracelet. Bringing
all of the angles, and edges back full circle in a very ingenious way. Smile It's look, height, as
well as paint scheme on top with great looking markings, and numbers is fantastic. Then
again just look at the dial. IT'S look with it's marker shapes is once again BEYOND cool,
and the same goes for the unique hand design, along with color of the dial. Everything
about this watch is dynamic, and everything about it is extraordinary. Even their emblem,
or logo ! cheers Congrats, and I hope you enjoy !!!

Extraordinary watch, and pics here !

Senior Associate
Northwestguy

Halios Bluering Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halios Bluering   Halios Bluering Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 1:25 pm

Great looking, clean, easy read dial. Love the blue color. Congrats.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Halios Bluering Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halios Bluering   Halios Bluering Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Halios Bluering
Page 1 of 1