The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Halios-Laguna Impressions

Go down 
+3
TAZMAN64
Northwestguy
jaw
7 posters
AuthorMessage
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

Halios-Laguna Impressions Empty
PostSubject: Halios-Laguna Impressions   Halios-Laguna Impressions Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 10:35 pm

I've been a bad robot on not posting new watches. Gotta start making up for it sometime, and my new Halios Laguna will do just fine. Only 4 pics so far, but including a Watch Report Video review as well.

Halios-Laguna Impressions Halios_Laguna_jaw_01-vi

Halios-Laguna Impressions Halios_Laguna_jaw_02-vi

Halios-Laguna Impressions Halios_Laguna_jaw_03-vi

Halios-Laguna Impressions Halios_Laguna_jaw_04-vi

Pros:
Solid Build
Unique Design - Retro
Curved Cushion Case - Favorite Feature (more evident in video)
Reasonable Case Size - Wears larger than actual 43mm
Great AR - Almost transparent at times
Damped Inner Bezel Rotation
Matte Dial Finish - Black is more like charcoal
Very Legible
Bright Lume
Screw-in Links (single screw/link)
+4sec/day

Cons:
Very Sharp End Link Edges - Not felt while wearing, only when holding.
More Sharp Corners Between Lugs - Exposed when strap is used
Mismatch Lug/End-Link Contour and Corners (Nit)

Specifications:
From http://halioswatches.com/watches/laguna/
Comfortable, modern size: 43mm width, 49mm lug-to-lug, 14.5mm thickness
Highly scratch-resistant 4mm sapphire crystal
Swiss ETA 2824-2 automatic movement
Internal rotating bezel operated by non-screwdown, bi-directional crown at 2 o’clock
500M water-resistance
C3 Superluminova-coated hands, dial and bezel markers for optimal low-light visibility
Ships with: HALIOS bracelet, genuine Isofrane® 1968 rubber strap and tools

Thanks for Watching
--
jaw

Watch Report Video Review

Edit: Updated Photos

Last edited by jaw on Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: Halios-Laguna Impressions   Halios-Laguna Impressions Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 10:58 pm

Super Jeffrey! Enjoyed the video review too. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
TAZMAN64
Senior Associate
TAZMAN64

PostSubject: Re: Halios-Laguna Impressions   Halios-Laguna Impressions Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 12:48 am

Awesome watch, when i first saw yours i noticed how you couldnt see the crystal. i realy like this one and the price is realy sweet too. congrats and enjoy. Steve
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Halios-Laguna Impressions   Halios-Laguna Impressions Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 1:12 am

Oh man Jeffrey !!! ..This Halios is simply ASTONISHING ! cyclops Very Happy So many times we want
to see something different, something new, and something that pushes the limits in what
can be done with watches. ..Well it seems like all of this has been accomplished with your
Laguna. Halios-Laguna Impressions 46145 It just seems to take every aspect that we enjoy about watches to another
level. Mixing everything that was so memorable about vintage watches, together with
the best of today's super modern, and of course super cool aspects. It REALLY is pretty
"Jaw" dropping ! cheers What makes the watch so impressive is that it surpasses what we
might expect on all levels. It looks just as nice, if not nicer than the various high end
watches out there. Then it looks just as memorable as so many of those unforgettable
dive watches from the past. It's just spectacular ! Congratulations on having this beauty !!!
..Want to first thank you for your in depth review, along with all of the detailed info about
the watch. It was so good, that it feels like I have the watch right here. Add in that excellent
video, and it's like I can feel the watch on the wrist. Thanks again ! Smile Really appreciate it !
Once you get over the initial surprise of how unbelievable this Halios is. It's incredible noticing
all that this watch has to offer. That new, yet retro styled case is stunning right off the bat
with it's salute to past watches, but also it's very own one of kind, unique theme. Honestly,
there are alot of amazing vintage dive watches that we remember, but this really IS different.
It's not a redone idea, or homage. It's something that seems to have been thought through
at every stage to perfection. The overall shape is something to behold. Then you begin to
discover that the exceptional shape is backed up by a collection of memorable angles, and
edges. The way each line helps to set off the shape, and add more personality to the case
is phenomenal. All of the turns are AMAZING too, and just the way it all meshes together
with the case, and bracelet is TOO GOOD. It's almost as if the case, and bracelet are one
piece of metal that flows into itself. Even the bezel seems to act as another layer of the
case. The shape, along with that brushing helps to blend right in with the rest of the case.
Both of the crowns fit in just right as well. They bring more of that vintage feel, while also
adding in a well done modern detail also. Speaking of vintage, and modern themes. This
dial has the best of both worlds. The inner rotating bezel has some vintage themes with
the numbers, and markings. While the dial takes things in a modern/futuristic direction
with it's sensational marker shapes, along with uniquely cool hands. The flat black dial,
and GREAT AR you mentioned almost seems invisible by the way, and the lume in the
video is out of this world as well. Basically this ENTIRE watch is out of this world Jeffrey !
Yowza ! ..Congrats, and I hope you enjoy it.

Astonishing watch, review, link, video, and PICS !

jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: Halios-Laguna Impressions   Halios-Laguna Impressions Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 3:14 pm

Thanks guys...

I can always count on Tom to fill in the gaps with an enthusiasm that I sadly lost a long time ago. I'm just a crunchy old cynic now.

Anyway...here are some final comments cross-posted from WLs:

Usually all about the case design for me. I never owned the Bluering but wanted to as soon as I saw Mark1's. Swinese or not, the design is a refreshing change from the other off-the-rack micro divers. Still hunting the Bluering (blue/bead) BTW, for the same reason.

Don't really know much about Halios history or manufacturing. But assumed China based on the sharp edges, some mismatch surfaces. They have more work to do in this area IMO. Not to mention China assembly being almost mandatory to lower the barrier to entry for micro brands.

This is a SOLID tool - feels more like it's built by steel workers than fine watchmakers. Nothing delicate about it. Inner bezel (love 'em), makes dial opening larger and helps it to wear larger.

The bracelet has already been removed and will likely remain that way (most of the time). Straps will accentuate this case design for lack of the end-link when applied.

On CS: Final shipping delay due to Canada Post labor dispute, was communicated immediately. Mitigated by shipping FedEx at no extra charge. Plus a follow up email to make sure I received the watch left at the door. Nice touch.
Back to top Go down
barnbuilder
Senior Associate
barnbuilder

PostSubject: Re: Halios-Laguna Impressions   Halios-Laguna Impressions Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 3:29 am

good looking watch Jaw!
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: Halios-Laguna Impressions   Halios-Laguna Impressions Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 6:37 am

This is one of the nicest looking pieces I have seen in a while......just awesome.

Halios-Laguna Impressions Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Halios-Laguna Impressions   Halios-Laguna Impressions Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 2:04 pm

jaw wrote:
Thanks guys...

I can always count on Tom to fill in the gaps with an enthusiasm that I sadly lost a long time ago. I'm just a crunchy old cynic now.

Anyway...here are some final comments cross-posted from WLs:

Usually all about the case design for me. I never owned the Bluering but wanted to as soon as I saw Mark1's. Swinese or not, the design is a refreshing change from the other off-the-rack micro divers. Still hunting the Bluering (blue/bead) BTW, for the same reason.

Don't really know much about Halios history or manufacturing. But assumed China based on the sharp edges, some mismatch surfaces. They have more work to do in this area IMO. Not to mention China assembly being almost mandatory to lower the barrier to entry for micro brands.

This is a SOLID tool - feels more like it's built by steel workers than fine watchmakers. Nothing delicate about it. Inner bezel (love 'em), makes dial opening larger and helps it to wear larger.

The bracelet has already been removed and will likely remain that way (most of the time). Straps will accentuate this case design for lack of the end-link when applied.

On CS: Final shipping delay due to Canada Post labor dispute, was communicated immediately. Mitigated by shipping FedEx at no extra charge. Plus a follow up email to make sure I received the watch left at the door. Nice touch.

You seem to have MORE than enough enthusiasm with this hobby Jeffrey ! Smile Halios-Laguna Impressions 46145
Between your FANTASTIC collection, and the way you are able to talk about,
and describe things in your posts it's INCREDIBLE, and very enjoyable TOO !

Thanks for your extra insight into this Halios by the way. Really looks like an
exceptional watch all the way around sir. ..I hope you enjoy !

Budabear
Consigliere
Budabear

PostSubject: Re: Halios-Laguna Impressions   Halios-Laguna Impressions Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 11:27 am

SWEET! My preference would be the bracelet but either way it's hot.

PostSubject: Re: Halios-Laguna Impressions   Halios-Laguna Impressions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Halios-Laguna Impressions
Page 1 of 1