The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Marathon CSAR

Go down 
+4
AtomicTom
Northwestguy
sixtysix
strutn45
8 posters
AuthorMessage
strutn45
Senior Associate
strutn45

Marathon CSAR  Empty
PostSubject: Marathon CSAR    Marathon CSAR  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 10:23 am

Hey Guys, picked this one up over a week ago BNIB for a killer deal, it came with the rubber
strap... nice strap but i'm a bracelet guy so i ordered the bracelet and last week received the 20mm
instead of the 22mm, well finally yesterday the right one showed up (22mm). I couldn't be happier, at
over 46mm bezel width, i was thinking it my be to big but i love it... feels great and fits like a glove! cheers

Needless to say i sold my GSAR, LOL. Laughing

Marathon CSAR  008-41

Marathon CSAR  011-5

Marathon CSAR  009-39

Marathon CSAR  013-1

Marathon CSAR  014-15

Marathon CSAR  015-3

Marathon CSAR  016
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

Marathon CSAR  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marathon CSAR    Marathon CSAR  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 4:29 pm

Very nice, looks killer on the bracelet.....

Marathon CSAR  Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

Marathon CSAR  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marathon CSAR    Marathon CSAR  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 4:59 pm

Always liked the look of the Marathons. Congrats John. Sweet watch.....
Back to top Go down

Marathon CSAR  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marathon CSAR    Marathon CSAR  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 6:03 pm

F'n killer.i need to find one fast.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

Marathon CSAR  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marathon CSAR    Marathon CSAR  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 10:02 pm

Now this is NICE Strutn ! Yowza !!! Very Happy Just the whole combination of the aggressive style
of the bezel, and bracelet together with the amazing black dial is excellent. The fit, along
with finish deems to be top notch as well. It's just a MEAN looking watch, and that's very
nice imho ! cheers Congratulations on picking it up, along with your new bracelet for it
also. ..Have to start with the fit, and finish of this one Strutn. You can really tell as you
pointed out before that this watch really does fit like a glove. Thinking that is due to the
finishing touches that is put on making the case just the right size, while also giving you
one exceptional bracelet as well. Marathon genuinely worked their magic with allowing
such a mean looking watch look, and fit so nicely. From the way all the parts fit together,
as well as hug your wrist, to the high quality materials used. You can genuinely tell that
the CSAR is an IMPRESSIVE piece all the way around. Can't get enough of the way all
of the steel looks on this one also. There is this phenomenal look to the brushing. While
at the same time you notice this combination of chunky steel, sporty accents, and classy,
top notch finishing. I can't get enough of the way the bezel is here on your new watch.
It really plays a prominent role in the overall personality here. From the top view, you
can see the deep black finish matched with some very nice markings, as well as numbers.
Genuinely gives the watch a classy feel imho, and having the black bezel helps to make
the dial flow, as well as seem bigger also. It's TERRIFIC ! However, it is the view from
the side of this bezel that shows some of the extremely cool personality behind the
CSAR. Cool Just the shear width of the bezel is AWESOME ! Then when you discover that
the bezel teeth have the unique aggressive Marathon block-like shape, things get even
more fun. Each one of the teeth have a fantastic shape, giving you the special effect of
HUGE saw teeth alternating back, and fourth. On top of that, there is this connection
which seems to be happening between the blocks in the bezel, and the links in the
bracelet ! Really IS a neat aspect of the watch, and you can tell that the same attention
that went into making the bezel special, went into the bracelet as well. Many times
a bracelet doesn't always get your attention, but this one does. Again mixing aggressive
looks, with top notch quality, fit, and finish. Also have to mention that the case is at
the heart of this aggressiveness. Without it, and it's perfect size, the watch might not
flow as well. However, Marathon did everything possible to give you a classy, sporty,
and MEAN looking case as a backdrop for this awesome watch. Finally, it's this dial that
surpasses ALL expectations with it's exceptional design. Bringing in sporty numbers,
and sub-dials, together with amazing military toughness with the tritium tube markers,
along with hands. Even the chapter ring gives this awesome effect of real depth. Maybe
that should be the main theme of this CSAR Strutn ! ..It's just plain ..Awesome !!! Smile
..Congrats, and enjoy sir !

Awesome watch, along with photos !

jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

Marathon CSAR  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marathon CSAR    Marathon CSAR  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 10:49 pm

Northwestguy wrote:
Always liked the look of the Marathons. Congrats John. Sweet watch.....

Me too. Never got around to the JSAR I wanted, wish it had tubes.
Is that really a C? Height looks like a J.
Nice.
Back to top Go down
strutn45
Senior Associate
strutn45

Marathon CSAR  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marathon CSAR    Marathon CSAR  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 7:31 am

Thanks fellas...@ Tom, you are the MASTER reviewer, thanks buddy! cheers
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

Marathon CSAR  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marathon CSAR    Marathon CSAR  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 10:15 am

Great looking tool chronograph...ENJOY!

Senior Consigliere

Marathon CSAR  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marathon CSAR    Marathon CSAR  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 2:20 pm

strutn45 wrote:
Thanks fellas...@ Tom, you are the MASTER reviewer, thanks buddy! cheers

cheers You are very welcome sir, and thanks for those kind words there too ! ..Enjoy !!!

Budabear
Consigliere
Budabear

Marathon CSAR  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marathon CSAR    Marathon CSAR  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 12:35 pm

Man I want one of these. Lol Your new Marathon is Gorgeous John.
Back to top Go down
TAZMAN64
Senior Associate
TAZMAN64

Marathon CSAR  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marathon CSAR    Marathon CSAR  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 3:54 am

Hey John, another awesome piece for your collection. The dial set up is very clean and easy to read, just the way i like them. Like you i prefer bracelets on most of my watches and you csar looks great on the bracelet. Congrats and enjoy!! Steve
Back to top Go down

Marathon CSAR  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marathon CSAR    Marathon CSAR  Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 11:12 pm

Keep doin' what you do John! Another great choice my man!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Marathon CSAR  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marathon CSAR    Marathon CSAR  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marathon CSAR
Page 1 of 1