The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is there such a thing as a Summer watch?

Go down 
+6
Chris S.
sixtysix
thianwong
Anomaly
TAZMAN64
AtomicTom
10 posters
AuthorMessage
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

Is there such a thing as a Summer watch? Empty
PostSubject: Is there such a thing as a Summer watch?   Is there such a thing as a Summer watch? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 1:43 pm

We like watches of all types, and wear all types of watches all year long, but is there any
such thing as a Summer watch for you ? What might make for the perfect Summer watch ?
Do you have any favorites ? Or is any watch perfect no matter what time of the year for
you ?

TAZMAN64
Senior Associate
TAZMAN64

PostSubject: Re: Is there such a thing as a Summer watch?   Is there such a thing as a Summer watch? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 4:04 pm

Hey Tom, i dont know about a summer watch? But i choose what to wear by the weather, or what im going to be doing. Steve
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Is there such a thing as a Summer watch?   Is there such a thing as a Summer watch? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 4:24 pm

Stainless steel for summer in FL, rubber and leather make my wrist sweat!

Senior Associate

PostSubject: Re: Is there such a thing as a Summer watch?   Is there such a thing as a Summer watch? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 7:05 pm

no particular watch per season....as I change over my rotation group every day! But, when the hot weather comes and I am wearing short sleeve golf shirts, the divers and larger watches tend to get more wrist time....42mm is the average size for me...but the new Traser at 48 will get lots of time! Smile
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: Is there such a thing as a Summer watch?   Is there such a thing as a Summer watch? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 9:02 pm

I don't wear too much leather in the summer, maybe a rubber or NATO but mostly stainless bracelets. If it is going to be cool with low humidity then I might try leather.

Is there such a thing as a Summer watch? Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
Chris S.
Senior Associate
Chris S.

PostSubject: Re: Is there such a thing as a Summer watch?   Is there such a thing as a Summer watch? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 10:28 pm

Ninety three today in Cincinnati and wore my oris tti ti on rubber after work and it was very comfy Very Happy

Is there such a thing as a Summer watch? Picture1629
Back to top Go down
smellody
Consigliere
smellody

PostSubject: Re: Is there such a thing as a Summer watch?   Is there such a thing as a Summer watch? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 11:49 pm

X's 2
sixtysix wrote:
I don't wear too much leather in the summer, maybe a rubber or NATO but mostly stainless bracelets. If it is going to be cool with low humidity then I might try leather.
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: Is there such a thing as a Summer watch?   Is there such a thing as a Summer watch? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 1:13 am

Humidity or heat is rarely an issue for me so I pretty much wear whatever I want based on activity more so than weather.
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: Is there such a thing as a Summer watch?   Is there such a thing as a Summer watch? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 3:02 am

Usually brighter colors and lighter materials for me.
Could never bring myself to wear the plastic RD in the winter.
Here are a few of what I usually save for summer - if it ever arrives.

Is there such a thing as a Summer watch? DeepBlue_M2k_Ridinfool_jaw_01-vi

Is there such a thing as a Summer watch? Croton_Pineapple_Diver_02_jaw-vi

Is there such a thing as a Summer watch? Invicta_RDAnatomic_03_jaw-vi

Is there such a thing as a Summer watch? Zodiac_ZO3702_jaw-vi
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Is there such a thing as a Summer watch?   Is there such a thing as a Summer watch? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 7:26 pm

Really GREAT feedback everyone !!! cheers Thought it was something fun to think about.
Especially since Summer was just around the corner. Most times I guess we continue to wear
what we do all year, and it basically depends upon the weather, or what we are doing at the
time more than anything else.

By the way, Chris, and Jeffrey, THOSE are some FANTASTIC Summer watches !!!! Smile
The Oris has that extra sporty, yet extremely classy theme Chris. Is there such a thing as a Summer watch? 46145 ..While your
Deep Blue, Croton, Invicta, and of course Zodiac, really ARE perfect for Summer with
the cool colors, materials, and just overall fun factor with all of them Jeffrey. Is there such a thing as a Summer watch? 933578

REALLY TERRIFIC watches, and pictures of these !

Thanks alot !!!

Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: Is there such a thing as a Summer watch?   Is there such a thing as a Summer watch? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 11:15 pm

No real difference for me Tom. My watches are year round and I change out the straps and bracelets year round as well. I will wear leather during summer just as much as during winter...........pretty much the same with rubber, SS, synthetic or any textile.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is there such a thing as a Summer watch?   Is there such a thing as a Summer watch? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 12:02 pm

One of my favorite summer pieces is an Invicta. Yea, I know...I know. But if you can ignore the feeding frenzy that usually accompanies a new Invicta release on, um, "other forums," that company has released some decent pieces...mostly, IMHO, a few years ago. Anyway, for a nice looking, lightweight "summer watch," I will often wear my Invicta Russian Diver on that flexible "thermo polymer" case/strap they used to offer. The whole watch weighs in at about 50 grams...and the strap/case is translucent red...
Lightweight...brightly colored...it screams "summer!"
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Is there such a thing as a Summer watch?   Is there such a thing as a Summer watch? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 7:40 pm

Northwestguy wrote:
No real difference for me Tom. My watches are year round and I change out the straps and bracelets year round as well. I will wear leather during summer just as much as during winter...........pretty much the same with rubber, SS, synthetic or any textile.

25or6to4 wrote:

One of my favorite summer pieces is an Invicta. Yea, I know...I know. But if you can ignore the feeding frenzy that usually accompanies a new Invicta release on, um, "other forums," that company has released some decent pieces...mostly, IMHO, a few years ago. Anyway, for a nice looking, lightweight "summer watch," I will often wear my Invicta Russian Diver on that flexible "thermo polymer" case/strap they used to offer. The whole watch weighs in at about 50 grams...and the strap/case is translucent red...
Lightweight...brightly colored...it screams "summer!"

Very very cool John ! Think it's neat how everybody has different thoughts about this. Oregon
sounds like a great place to enjoy all kinds of watches all year long. The way you change up the
straps, and bracelets throughout the year makes things interesting all of the time anyway
sir. Smile

25or6to4, your Russian Diver seems to really fit the bill for a Summer watch there. Just that
light weight alone must be nice, and the color, along with material really does seem like it would
scream "summer" like you said. Is there such a thing as a Summer watch? 803574 Very nice !

Thanks guys !

PostSubject: Re: Is there such a thing as a Summer watch?   Is there such a thing as a Summer watch? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 10:33 am

jaw wrote:
Could never bring myself to wear the plastic RD in the winter. .....

I am 100% in with JAW on the above - this just doesn't work in the winter - summer yes, indian summer yes, other than that it doesn't get much wrist time. It is actually a very comfortable watch.

Is there such a thing as a Summer watch? Anatomicwrist

I tend to wear this combination in the summer as well.

Is there such a thing as a Summer watch? IMG_1774

Is there a summer watch? Most definitely.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Is there such a thing as a Summer watch?   Is there such a thing as a Summer watch? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 2:37 pm

labman wrote:
jaw wrote:
Could never bring myself to wear the plastic RD in the winter. .....

I am 100% in with JAW on the above - this just doesn't work in the winter - summer yes, indian summer yes, other than that it doesn't get much wrist time. It is actually a very comfortable watch.

Is there such a thing as a Summer watch? Anatomicwrist

I tend to wear this combination in the summer as well.

Is there such a thing as a Summer watch? IMG_1774

Is there a summer watch? Most definitely.

Really TERRIFIC information, and of course watches Labman !!! Very Happy I like ALL of them, and that
orange nato strap on the orange Monster is off the charts sir ! What a GREAT bunch of Summer
watches, along with pictures of them. ..Thank you very much !

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is there such a thing as a Summer watch?   Is there such a thing as a Summer watch? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is there such a thing as a Summer watch?
Page 1 of 1