The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

H2O Kalmar Feels the Heat

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

H2O Kalmar Feels the Heat Empty
PostSubject: H2O Kalmar Feels the Heat   H2O Kalmar Feels the Heat Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 2:44 pm

Have you had a chance to see what H2O is trying out with their Kalmar DLC watch ?!
It's a process known as Titanium heat treating which after extreme heating causes
the Titanium to make TiO2, a light filtering clear oxide that is able to then create many
different colors. From different bronzes, and purples, to blues, it all depends on how
hot the Titanium is heated.

It's a really interesting process, and seems to make the metal look older, or even more
modern maybe depending on how you look at it. What do you think? Smile

Found this information at Oceanictime, where you can also find out, as well as see much
more about the watch, and process. Here is the link...

http://oceanictime.blogspot.com/2011/09/h2o-kalmar-dlc-tio2.html

Senior Associate

PostSubject: Re: H2O Kalmar Feels the Heat   H2O Kalmar Feels the Heat Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 3:45 am

Looks interesting to me but I think most western guys would find the multi-colors too blingy haha!
Japanese don't! I recently bought the wife a new Toshiba Qosmio laptop where the outer cover changes color when viewed from different angles! haha!
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: H2O Kalmar Feels the Heat   H2O Kalmar Feels the Heat Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 2:51 pm

thianwong wrote:
Looks interesting to me but I think most western guys would find the multi-colors too blingy haha!
Japanese don't! I recently bought the wife a new Toshiba Qosmio laptop where the outer cover changes color when viewed from different angles! haha!

Think the look, and process is extremely unique Thian. Definitely not blingy, just very different, and cool ! Cool Smile
By the way, that laptop you bought for your wife sounds pretty terrific there too sir.

Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: H2O Kalmar Feels the Heat   H2O Kalmar Feels the Heat Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 6:01 am

Not really sure this is a new process....I have a knife that is several years old that is coated with titanium to get the rainbow effect. I really don't think it works that well on the watch. Looks like a mistake or an unfinished piece to me.

H2O Kalmar Feels the Heat 100_2210

H2O Kalmar Feels the Heat 100_2213

H2O Kalmar Feels the Heat Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: H2O Kalmar Feels the Heat   H2O Kalmar Feels the Heat Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 2:27 pm

sixtysix wrote:
Not really sure this is a new process....I have a knife that is several years old that is coated with titanium to get the rainbow effect. I really don't think it works that well on the watch. Looks like a mistake or an unfinished piece to me.

H2O Kalmar Feels the Heat 100_2210

H2O Kalmar Feels the Heat 100_2213

You are definitely right Gary, don't think it's a new process. Evidently is one of the first times being
done on a watch though. Wonder if this will catch on now, and become a new thing, or trend for
the watch industry. Hey, that is SOME kind of watch there by the way Gary ! Really COOL stuff sir ! Smile

PostSubject: Re: H2O Kalmar Feels the Heat   H2O Kalmar Feels the Heat Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

H2O Kalmar Feels the Heat
Page 1 of 1