The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Christopher Ward C70 DBR1

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr Rick
Senior Associate

Christopher Ward C70 DBR1 Empty
PostSubject: Christopher Ward C70 DBR1   Christopher Ward C70 DBR1 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 8:08 pm

This is a real departure for me. It is my very first quartz watch. But, it is the watch, and the series, that first got me interested an Christopher Ward watches.

I am a big fan of vintage motorsports, especially Le Mans and Formula 1. And the cars and drivers of the 1950s and 1960s will always be my favorites. For me, those racing in BRG will always stand head and shoulders above the others. So it should be no surprise that I had to put the C70 DBR1 in my "watch garage".

As a collector of many automatic watches, it will be a treat to reach for a watch that will always be ready to go. No muss, no fuss.

The particulars:

Features
> Worldwide limited edition of only 500 pieces
> Swiss made
> 22 jewel Swiss quartz movement
> Convex Anti-reflective sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating
> Adjustable quick-release butterfly clasp
> Screw-in crown
> Chronographic dials with split minutes / seconds /1/10 seconds
> Tachymeter bezel
> Deluxe box upgrade
> Water resistance 10 atm
> Spanish 'Toro Bravo' Italian leather strap
> Unique engraved individual serial number
> Beautiful presentation case and owner's handbook
Technical
> Diameter: 42mm
> Height: 10.7mm
> Weight: 88g
> Calibre: ETA 251.272
> Vibrations: n/a

Here are a few pictures of my latest CW and my first quartz watch.

Christopher Ward C70 DBR1 Dbr12

Christopher Ward C70 DBR1 Dbr15

Christopher Ward C70 DBR1 Dbr14

Christopher Ward C70 DBR1 Dbr16

Christopher Ward C70 DBR1 Dbr13

Oh yes, and the car that made the watch possible.

Winner of the 1959 24 Hours of Le Mans. Driven by Roy Salvadori and Carroll Shelby.

The Aston Martin DBR1

Christopher Ward C70 DBR1 Dbr17
Back to top Go down
barnbuilder
Senior Associate
barnbuilder

PostSubject: Re: Christopher Ward C70 DBR1   Christopher Ward C70 DBR1 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 2:19 am

cool sporty watch!
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Christopher Ward C70 DBR1   Christopher Ward C70 DBR1 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 2:16 pm

This is SOME kind of quartz watch Rick ! cyclops Very Happy It's really very nice how this was the
first watch that got you into Christopher Ward, and having the motorsports connection
takes it up another level as well. Genuinely looks like a race car for the wrist with the
themes on the dial, and even strap. It's just AWESOME ! Definitely is a great looking
watch, and the fact that it's your first quartz makes it even more special. Congrats
on adding this one to the garage. Smile ..Think its terrific how you have the best of both
worlds with this new CW Rick. On the one hand you enjoy watches, and on the other
you also enjoy vintage motorsports. So this watch becomes extra special right away
imho. It being your first quartz is neat TOO ! Like you said, just having not to worry
about keeping this one wound will probably be fun for you. ..What's very enjoyable
about this CW though is that it combines ALL of this together in one exceptional
package. It's not your usual quartz watch from that long list of specifications. Honestly
seems like it has quality through, and through ! From a reliable quartz movement
inside, to the beautifully done dial, case, and strap. This isn't your usual quartz watch.
It's a CW quartz, with an EXTRAORDINARY look, and theme. All you have to do is
stare at the dial for a second, or two, and you can see all of the vintage motorsorts
themes. The green color for instance couldn't be more mesmerizing right off the
bat. It brings in that authentic vintage feel, but also helps the watch become more
noticeable, and unique. The whole blending of color, with the various racing aspects
is THE best Rick. Can't get over the LARGE 12, 3, and 9, along with how they look
just like ones on a race car. The way they fit into the scheme of the dial is really
ingenious sir. They even seem to mirror the look of the sub-dials. Speaking of
those sub-dials, they literally look they could be guages on a race car's instrument
panel or something. WOW ! Christopher Ward C70 DBR1 46145 The addition of the extra hash marks, chapter
rings, along with tachymeter are excellent also. While the textured rings that are
at the center of the dial add the finishing touch. ..Even the unique beel looks unlike
any other bezel with it's amazing style, and design. REALLY like the way all of the
numbers are done on it, along with how they sit next to the various hash marks.
The triangle markers even seem to point you right toward the exciting dial, along
with the super sporty hands on it. ..It's all pretty unbelievable !!! From the dial,
and bezel, to even that FANTASTIC strap, this CW, along with that Aston Martin
you are showing is both exciting, and EXTRAORDINARY ! Congratulations, and I
hope you keep enjoying Rick.

Extraordinary watch, along with photos of everything !

Senior Associate

PostSubject: Re: Christopher Ward C70 DBR1   Christopher Ward C70 DBR1 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 2:23 pm

Thanks so much Tom for your kind words. I'll have to take some pictures of the car and the watch together. Smile
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Christopher Ward C70 DBR1   Christopher Ward C70 DBR1 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 2:33 pm

Mr Rick wrote:
Thanks so much Tom for your kind words. I'll have to take some pictures of the car and the watch together. Smile

Don't mention it Rick. By the way, that watch, and car make a great team ! Christopher Ward C70 DBR1 803574

PostSubject: Re: Christopher Ward C70 DBR1   Christopher Ward C70 DBR1 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Christopher Ward C70 DBR1
Page 1 of 1