The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Deep Blue's NEW Master Explorer

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

Deep Blue's NEW Master Explorer Empty
PostSubject: Deep Blue's NEW Master Explorer   Deep Blue's NEW Master Explorer Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 3:39 pm

Have you had the chance to see this one yet everyone ? It's the new Deep Blue Master
Explorer. It has a 46mm stainless steel case which is water resistant to 1000 meters,
and also has a helium escape valve. There are even AR coated sapphire crystals on the
watch which protect the different color enamel burst dials. Inside the watch is the Miyota
9015 Automatic with 24 Jewels, and a 42 hour power reserve.

Here is the link to Timezone, where this info, and more can be found...

http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=tree&goto=5908561&rid=0

What do you think? Have any opinions?

Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: Deep Blue's NEW Master Explorer   Deep Blue's NEW Master Explorer Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 3:56 pm

Crosspost from WL

I'm going to pass. DB would have to come out with something really compelling for me to buy another. As I've stated before - I feel the sweet spot window of opportunity for great value at DB may be closed.

On this one, it looks like Stan is trying to perfect his bezel execution by expanding on the lume inlay idea from the Flat T100 (which I like). Glad he's using a large dot at 12. His tube watches use a tiny buried ineffectual tube at 12. Dial work looks nice too, but I prefer the wave pattern on the last DayNight diver.

Stan has tried a lot of different things with each new release. Now, I wish he would settle on the few good things that work as signature design features and integrate them into every future DB.
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Deep Blue's NEW Master Explorer   Deep Blue's NEW Master Explorer Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 6:38 pm

The bezel really looks rough IMO. But the overall look is nice, although it is too big for me.

I really wish he would produce something in the 42mm - 44mm range! But "the call of the TV" must keep him in the "larger" range to keep those fans engaged.

Perfect size for you though Jeffrey!!

PostSubject: Re: Deep Blue's NEW Master Explorer   Deep Blue's NEW Master Explorer Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 7:51 pm

Date window looks wrong and the hands are all too short for the dial.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Deep Blue's NEW Master Explorer   Deep Blue's NEW Master Explorer Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 11:17 pm

Terrific insight, along with observations Jeffrey, Mark, and Novacastrian ! Deep Blue's NEW Master Explorer 46145

I like the bezel on this one as well, and also like how the markings, and numbers work with the
dial markers. It's almost like the bezel extends the dial outward. Have to also say that the dial
is extra nice too with that great looking pattern. Overall the watch looks pretty impressive to
me with both it's style, but also quality. Smile

Will still be fun to see how the finished product turns out, and if any of the things you guys noticed
end up changing at all.

PostSubject: Re: Deep Blue's NEW Master Explorer   Deep Blue's NEW Master Explorer Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deep Blue's NEW Master Explorer
Page 1 of 1