The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

That's a great deal for the money .....

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

That's a great deal for the money ..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: That's a great deal for the money .....   That's a great deal for the money ..... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 6:11 pm

It definitely would be great to find that $1200 watch !! I don't have one yet however ! I'm still in the bang for the buck era, I guess ! Once my collection gets to a better place, then I'll probably be where you guys are today !! By the way is that $1200 watch going on sale for less ? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: ZMT is a GREAT PLACE TO BE!!!   That's a great deal for the money ..... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 7:03 pm

I totally agree. There is too much of "best bang for the buck" talk out there. IMHO I believe that a collector should buy the best QUALITY watch that they can AFFORD! I believe it is silly to buy every color variation of a watch when there are so many reasonably priced, cool F'ing watches out in the market today. Forget about the micro-brands, there are great deals on old, reliable brands like Oris, Hamilton, Sinn and Stowa that you can get for a steal on pre-owned market or even new!!!

I ask you, why compromise? When someone compromises, the one thing that always follows is regret or buyers remorse....I am guilty of this too, but we all have done it at one point!!

The thing that I LOVE about the group of members of ZMT is that they GET IT!

Now I have to go and look for my next watch...I have a problem!!!
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: That's a great deal for the money .....   That's a great deal for the money ..... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 7:05 pm

BTW - Great thread Noob!!!
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: That's a great deal for the money .....   That's a great deal for the money ..... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 9:33 pm

I've gotten a lot more selective in purchases the last year or so. I tend to buy fewer watches but spend more time looking for the watches I want. The hunt is also part of the fun in my opinion. With that said-I just bought a Pineapple because I could'nt resist it at $110 with free shipping and a watch case. I guess I still fall off the wagon occasionally.
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: That's a great deal for the money .....   That's a great deal for the money ..... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 9:59 pm

I have put the brakes on regarding great deals. I have learned that I am usually not as happy with the purchase once I get it. I too have become more selective and have been looking at higher cost watches. I have also learned that the 100-300 dollar watches and sometime up to the 500 dollar watches just don't maintain any value.....I think most of us have been there and find it disappointing and frustrating when we go to sell the piece only to find it won't move unless the price drops, considerably, in some cases. The other issue is I really want to wear my watches and I feel I have too many and not enough time or my interest has changed or maybe it's that I am going through MAN-O-Pause or who knows what is going on. Anyhow, back on topic. No more impulse buys!
Back to top Go down
jackprime1
Senior Associate
jackprime1

PostSubject: Re: That's a great deal for the money .....   That's a great deal for the money ..... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 11:08 am

I totally agree with all of you...No more impulse buys for me...As I stated before 2 watches per year. I rather have a higher end watch then 100 low end that lose value asap and they all never get any wrist time. The Excursion GMT was my last.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: That's a great deal for the money .....   That's a great deal for the money ..... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

That's a great deal for the money .....
Page 1 of 1