The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Drilled lugs? A real diver ought to have them - discuss.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

Drilled lugs?  A real diver ought to have them - discuss. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drilled lugs? A real diver ought to have them - discuss.   Drilled lugs?  A real diver ought to have them - discuss. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 5:53 pm

Docrwm wrote:
bodypeersur1 wrote:
I'm just wondering how many times strap changes are done on an actual dive watch that is truly used for diving. Being as I am only a DESK DIVER, I don't have any idea, but if I did dive I don't think I'd be changing the strap that often. What do you REAL DIVERS think?

This was posted today to a Seiko forum elsewhere:
"RIP to my Pepsi
It disappeared from my wrist this morning while surfing. I have no idea what happened, if a spring-bar busted, if it simply came unbuckled. I
felt pretty safe with it on a rubber strap but I guess I was wrong. I will miss my first dive watch and hopfully replace it sometime soon. Drilled lugs?  A real diver ought to have them - discuss. Down And if you find an skx175 in the sands of del mar please pm me."
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
My response was that a NATO would have prevented that from happening. Drilled lugs would make that process fairly painless so the watch could be worn on a proper strap and when really being used on a NATO without many worri
That person should have used a g shock to surf!!

Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: Drilled lugs? A real diver ought to have them - discuss.   Drilled lugs?  A real diver ought to have them - discuss. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 6:01 pm

Thats one good thing about NATOs-both springbars have to fail before you lose the watch. Drilled lugs are great but not if the bars are so thick a standard strap won't fit.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Drilled lugs? A real diver ought to have them - discuss.   Drilled lugs?  A real diver ought to have them - discuss. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 7:09 pm

I have also heard that a TRUE diver should have a rubber strap so if you get caught on it somehow, you can cut it...

I do like screw lugs better...

PostSubject: Re: Drilled lugs? A real diver ought to have them - discuss.   Drilled lugs?  A real diver ought to have them - discuss. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Drilled lugs? A real diver ought to have them - discuss.
Page 1 of 1