The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My new Soxa

Go down 
+2
Anomaly
andrema
6 posters
AuthorMessage

My new Soxa Empty
PostSubject: My new Soxa   My new Soxa Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 9:20 pm

I purchased this from a guy over at WUS just before the holidays. It started out as a Seiko SKX173. It has a combination of parts from Noah and Harold. Soxa style dial and flat sapphire crystal from Noah. Super oyster bracelet which has been bead blasted as well as the case by Harold. Samurai style hands. The dial and hands have also been relumed.

I received this the day I left for the holidays and quickly sized the bracelet and threw it on my wrist. I almost wrecked twice on the way to the airport looking at it. This watch exemplifies what I love about the Seiko divers. They are sooooo moddable. I hope to be doing a few myself soon. Thanks for looking.

My new Soxa OntheWrist275
My new Soxa OntheWrist276
My new Soxa OntheWrist279
My new Soxa OntheWrist280
My new Soxa OntheWrist281
My new Soxa OntheWrist282
Back to top Go down

My new Soxa Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new Soxa   My new Soxa Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 9:24 pm

Great looking piece Ken! You know my address when you get tired of it!!! My new Soxa Icon_cheers Congratz. I'm awaiting my UDT Diver from Noah. Hopefully it will be here the beginning of the week!
Back to top Go down

My new Soxa Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new Soxa   My new Soxa Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 9:27 pm

bodypeersur1 wrote:
Great looking piece Ken! You know my address when you get tired of it!!! My new Soxa Icon_cheers Congratz. I'm awaiting my UDT Diver from Noah. Hopefully it will be here the beginning of the week!

Yeah, and you know mine when you get tired of that Superocean. lol!

I've been thinking seriously about ordering one of those from Noah. man, it's a great looking watch. Shoot me some pics when you get it. Thanks.
Back to top Go down

My new Soxa Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new Soxa   My new Soxa Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 9:29 pm

NO to the Super Ocean....YES to the pics when I get the UDT...Seiko Fanboi
Back to top Go down

My new Soxa Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new Soxa   My new Soxa Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 9:31 pm

awesome watch ken! My new Soxa Herz
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

My new Soxa Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new Soxa   My new Soxa Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 9:49 pm

cali kid wrote:
awesome watch ken! My new Soxa Herz
I agree! Very nice look!!

My new Soxa Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new Soxa   My new Soxa Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 10:07 pm

Glad I can finally say - Congratulations! Enjoy the unique Seiko!
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

My new Soxa Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new Soxa   My new Soxa Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 10:38 pm

That is a good looking mod...enjoy it!

My new Soxa Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new Soxa   My new Soxa Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 10:39 pm

Very nice. It appears that this forum alone may revive the Seiko Mod trend.
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

My new Soxa Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new Soxa   My new Soxa Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 10:43 pm

Nice looking watch Ken. Its great to have a one of a kind.
Back to top Go down

My new Soxa Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new Soxa   My new Soxa Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 10:45 pm

That is one damn fine looking watch, great job on the mod!!
Back to top Go down

My new Soxa Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new Soxa   My new Soxa Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 11:03 pm

SWEEEEETTT!!!!! Looks like the one I put together with Noah and Harold parts; that all silver look is great. Is it bead blasted?
Back to top Go down

My new Soxa Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new Soxa   My new Soxa Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 11:15 pm

cski wrote:
SWEEEEETTT!!!!! Looks like the one I put together with Noah and Harold parts; that all silver look is great. Is it bead blasted?

I believe it to be bead blasted. Honestly I don't recall which the original owner had said.
Back to top Go down

My new Soxa Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new Soxa   My new Soxa Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 11:28 pm

Great watch looks sweet!!
Back to top Go down

My new Soxa Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new Soxa   My new Soxa Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 11:29 pm

Ditchdoc wrote:
cski wrote:

I believe it to be bead blasted. Honestly I don't recall which the original owner had said.

Looks bead blasted to me. Just like my OM.
Back to top Go down

My new Soxa Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new Soxa   My new Soxa Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 11:49 pm

Docrwm wrote:
Ditchdoc wrote:
cski wrote:

You are correct Doc. I just went back and read the original sales post. Bead blasted case and bracelet by yobookies (Harold). Thank you sir.
Back to top Go down

My new Soxa Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new Soxa   My new Soxa Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 11:53 pm

Ditchdoc wrote:
Docrwm wrote:
Ditchdoc wrote:
cski wrote:

You are correct Doc. I just went back and read the original sales post. Bead blasted case and bracelet by yobookies (Harold). Thank you sir.

Harold offers it as an option but I had not seen one before, other than in his ad-posts.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

My new Soxa Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new Soxa   My new Soxa Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 1:55 am

Outstanding Ken ! My new Soxa Icon_cheers This is truly unique looking !..The way the dial
and bracelet compliment eachother is perfect ! It's an extremely
nice finish with the bead blasting and the dial color doesn't
overpower the look..it's EXCELLENT ! I also think the markers
and hands are great too..especially the detail on the second
hand ! WOW !..Congratulations on a REAL good one there ! My new Soxa Icon_smile

My new Soxa Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new Soxa   My new Soxa Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 2:04 am

. . .wow!!! Another eye catching Seiko . . . . I think the madness has just begun for the Hot-Rodded Seikos here. Wer'e gonna start a " I'll one up ya" thing that'll have us all either in the poor house . . . . or the garage !?!?!?!?!! geek
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

My new Soxa Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new Soxa   My new Soxa Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 3:13 am

randyswagon wrote:
. . .wow!!! Another eye catching Seiko . . . . I think the madness has just begun for the Hot-Rodded Seikos here. Wer'e gonna start a " I'll one up ya" thing that'll have us all either in the poor house . . . . or the garage !?!?!?!?!! My new Soxa Icon_geek

I think you just might be right Randy ! My new Soxa Icon_cheers It's easy to see why people like
Seiko and part of the reason seems to be the modding !..Cool watches plus
different ideas and looks equals fun !..I'm going to have to get a Seiko at some
point ! My new Soxa Icon_smile

My new Soxa Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new Soxa   My new Soxa Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 3:45 am

Beautiful watch Ken!
Back to top Go down

My new Soxa Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new Soxa   My new Soxa Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 9:07 am

That is sweeet looking! I`m seriously comtemplating ordering a beadblasted SKX soon, I just love the look of it My new Soxa Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down

My new Soxa Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new Soxa   My new Soxa Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 7:13 pm

Very cool looking Ken. I really dig the silver dial, and hand choice on this one....Enjoy!!

Jeff
Back to top Go down

My new Soxa Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new Soxa   My new Soxa Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 10:26 am

It looks great My new Soxa Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
SynMike
Senior Associate
SynMike

My new Soxa Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new Soxa   My new Soxa Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 1:43 pm

WOW. It looks fantastic.

I love the tiny dot of red/orange on the seconds hand offsetting everything else.
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

My new Soxa Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new Soxa   My new Soxa Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 4:35 pm

I'm a total sucker for a silver dial and that watch has one that is to die for.

One question. How does the matte finish play with the shiny dial?
Back to top Go down

My new Soxa Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new Soxa   My new Soxa Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 10:52 pm

That's some great mod work! Very custom but it all still works well together. Great pickup, Ken - ENJOY IT!
Back to top Go down

My new Soxa Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new Soxa   My new Soxa Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 11:26 pm

PoliMalaka wrote:
I'm a total sucker for a silver dial and that watch has one that is to die for.

One question. How does the matte finish play with the shiny dial?

Suprisingly enough the contrast between the blasted case and bracelet and the shiny sunray dial is pretty cool. It's interesting to look at. I know what you mean poli, I'm a sucker for silver dials as well.
Back to top Go down

My new Soxa Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new Soxa   My new Soxa Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 11:28 pm

Thanks for the comments guys. I'm really loving this one. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My new Soxa Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new Soxa   My new Soxa Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My new Soxa
Page 1 of 1