The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A bunch of Soxa ...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

A bunch of Soxa ... Empty
PostSubject: A bunch of Soxa ...   A bunch of Soxa ... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 11:01 am

All Seiko 6309-7040
Last two the most popular ...

A bunch of Soxa ... IMGP3562
A bunch of Soxa ... IMGP3566
A bunch of Soxa ... IMGP3564
A bunch of Soxa ... IMGP3569
A bunch of Soxa ... IMGP3568

wow looks so cool on this black back ground ...
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: A bunch of Soxa ...   A bunch of Soxa ... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 11:19 am

WICKED!

A bunch of Soxa ... IMGP3566

PostSubject: Damn ...   A bunch of Soxa ... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 11:28 am

Damn ...
I don't know if it's simply having the parts or the vision to put them together in the right way ...
but I made that one about 2 yrs ago ... and she still holds up against a lot of the new parts I have now....
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: A bunch of Soxa ...   A bunch of Soxa ... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 11:30 am

noahfuller wrote:
Damn ...
I don't know if it's simply having the parts or the vision to put them together in the right way ...
but I made that one about 2 yrs ago ... and she still holds up against a lot of the new parts I have now....

That red inner ring is WAY cool!

Last edited by Anomaly on Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: It's 11:16 ....   A bunch of Soxa ... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 11:30 am

It's 11:16 can you see she's getting ready to turn?
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: A bunch of Soxa ...   A bunch of Soxa ... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 11:33 am

noahfuller wrote:
It's 11:16 can you see she's getting ready to turn?

YUP!

PostSubject: Good ......   A bunch of Soxa ... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 11:38 am

Good ......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A bunch of Soxa ...   A bunch of Soxa ... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 12:07 pm

The black/red is the hottest of the bunch...all look good though. Your right about having a good eye!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A bunch of Soxa ...   A bunch of Soxa ... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 12:13 pm

Anomaly wrote:
noahfuller wrote:
Damn ...

Thats called a chapter ring, boss!! A bunch of Soxa ... Suspect
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: A bunch of Soxa ...   A bunch of Soxa ... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 12:15 pm

cali kid wrote:
Anomaly wrote:
noahfuller wrote:
Damn ...

Thats called a chapter ring, boss!! A bunch of Soxa ... Suspect

I knew that A bunch of Soxa ... Drunken_smilie

PostSubject: Re: A bunch of Soxa ...   A bunch of Soxa ... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 12:15 pm

Amazing watches Noah, i would be happy with any one of them but i'm really starting to dig the stainless bezel insert! very good stuff!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Chapter ring when ...   A bunch of Soxa ... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 12:16 pm

Chapter ring when ...it has tick marks or chapters ...
Inner ring when there is no marks ....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A bunch of Soxa ...   A bunch of Soxa ... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 12:17 pm

noahfuller wrote:
Chapter ring when ...it has tick marks or chapters ...
Inner ring when there is no marks ....

A bunch of Soxa ... 744742
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A bunch of Soxa ...   A bunch of Soxa ... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 1:10 pm

. . . really great all of them . . . my pick . . . I like the black inner ring thingie against the yellow . . . A bunch of Soxa ... Icon_geek

A bunch of Soxa ... IMGP3568
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A bunch of Soxa ...   A bunch of Soxa ... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 1:13 pm

Diggin that GMT bezel especially!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: thingies are good ...   A bunch of Soxa ... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 1:18 pm

thingies are good ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A bunch of Soxa ...   A bunch of Soxa ... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 1:30 pm

My bad boss, you were right with the inner ring and i just learned something!! A bunch of Soxa ... Icon_clown
Back to top Go down
TVDinner
Senior Associate
TVDinner

PostSubject: Re: A bunch of Soxa ...   A bunch of Soxa ... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 1:56 pm

Can you get a bracelet with these?

If yes - what are the bracelet options and how much additional please?

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
TVDinner
Senior Associate
TVDinner

PostSubject: Re: A bunch of Soxa ...   A bunch of Soxa ... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 2:19 pm

Also - does anyone actually have one of these and can post a wrist pic to see it on an arm please.
Thanks!
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: A bunch of Soxa ...   A bunch of Soxa ... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 2:21 pm

TVDinner wrote:
Also - does anyone actually have one of these and can post a wrist pic to see it on an arm please.
Thanks!
I think Ken does (Ditchdoc) ... try sending him a PM or e-mail for pictures
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A bunch of Soxa ...   A bunch of Soxa ... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 2:22 pm

TVDinner wrote:
Thanks!

There are a number of bracelet options after market, but I'm sure Noah can arrange for one for you too.

The Anvil by Yobokies and the Watchadoo are doable but I prefer the Super Oyster that now comes in several variants. I have a 6309 case with a Super Oyster 1 that came with end links that fit the case cleanly (they're straighter than the modern 007/009 end links). There are also solid end links available now for the 6309 for several of those bracelets too. The Super Oyster II that is newer is heavier, has screw in links further than the original model 1, and I believe comes with solid end links as a default. On the Super Oysters you can also request a 4 hole clasp instead of the standard 2 hole clasp - I recommend this option as it makes the bracelet longer by about a 1/2 link and makes it much more adjustable for that perfect fit.

Here is my Modded 6309 with Soxa dial (of unknown origin as I bought this from another WIS)
A bunch of Soxa ... Forsaleallofthem006

Last edited by Docrwm on Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A bunch of Soxa ...   A bunch of Soxa ... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 2:31 pm

James,it's a seiko 6309-7040 or 7049 (sold in the states) case and Noah can do amazing things to it! As for size it was huge for it's time (we are talking the 70's) comes in about at 45mm! here are some pics of the case just not with the doxa (soxa) mods!!!

A bunch of Soxa ... 100_3036

A bunch of Soxa ... 005-5

A bunch of Soxa ... 005-6

A bunch of Soxa ... 001-5

A bunch of Soxa ... 100_2831

A bunch of Soxa ... 100_2839

A bunch of Soxa ... 100_2660

A bunch of Soxa ... 100_2612

Got to be the most modded watch ever, plenty of parts and i know that noah thinks its the best watch ever made!! Hard to argue for the price!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: 6309-7040 most modded watchin the world ....   A bunch of Soxa ... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 2:43 pm

6309-7040 most modded watchin the world ....
Must be ... and more so when you ad all the fake parts used to sell watches as original ....
Back to top Go down
TVDinner
Senior Associate
TVDinner

PostSubject: Re: A bunch of Soxa ...   A bunch of Soxa ... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 2:44 pm

thanks for those pics. very helpful

- looks great on the bracelet. is that a particular bracelet that is easily found. looks nice.
- was there ever a bracelet specifically for that case with solid ends?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A bunch of Soxa ...   A bunch of Soxa ... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 2:44 pm

TVDinner wrote:

- looks great on the bracelet. is that a particular bracelet that is easily found. looks nice.

Please read my post just prior to the Photo parade by THAT person Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Anvil by Yobokies and the Watchadoo   A bunch of Soxa ... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 2:48 pm

Oh my It is a bad thing to copy and sell a part that is being made and sold by someone now ...
also coping a bracelet and putting a fake Seiko clasp on it is bad too ...
ok copy something that is finished but ....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A bunch of Soxa ...   A bunch of Soxa ... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 3:04 pm

Docrwm wrote:
TVDinner wrote:

Thanks for throwing me under the bus doc! A bunch of Soxa ... Icon_jokercolor but since james asked for WRIST SHOTS & PICS ON A BRACELET i thought i would show him how it looked on the wrist and it sounds like he approved! He already saw 12 different doxa dials above and wanted to see how big the watch looked in real life and how it played on a bracelet, not hear about it! Pretty sure my photomontage did that!! A bunch of Soxa ... Suspect Just sayin!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A bunch of Soxa ...   A bunch of Soxa ... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 3:10 pm

cali kid wrote:
Docrwm wrote:
TVDinner wrote:

Thanks for throwing me under the bus doc! A bunch of Soxa ... Icon_jokercolor but since james asked for WRIST SHOTS & PICS ON A BRACELET i thought i would show him how it looked on the wrist and it sounds like he approved! He already saw 12 different doxa dials above and wanted to see how big the watch looked in real life and how it played on a bracelet, not hear about it! Pretty sure my photomontage did that!! A bunch of Soxa ... Suspect Just sayin!

A bunch of Soxa ... Iroc Never a Bus Trev!
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: A bunch of Soxa ...   A bunch of Soxa ... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 4:15 pm

I think they ALL are PHENOMENAL actually ! A bunch of Soxa ... Icon_smile The orange ones are NICE !!!
Still there IS something about that yellow also. The red dials are astonishingly
good as well, and those half and half bezels are excellent by the way !

PostSubject: Re: A bunch of Soxa ...   A bunch of Soxa ... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A bunch of Soxa ...
Page 1 of 1