The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Found this on a Race Fan site

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Found this on a Race Fan site Empty
PostSubject: Found this on a Race Fan site   Found this on a Race Fan site Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 3:10 pm

Chat room posting:
http://www.americanlemansfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1186

Perfect racing timepiece; input appreciated.

Found this on a Race Fan site Icon_post_targetby alldaron » 07 Jan 2010, 09:24 Hello, I'm Alldaron - president of Debaufre Watches. For the past 2 years we have been working closely with various racing drivers in the Grand-AM, LeMans and World Challenge racing circuit, creating signature watches for them.

Now we are looking to design the ultimate racing-timepiece. I would like to get your input as to what features, colors and elements the ideal watch should contain based upon the opinions of true racing fans. Any input is greatly appreciated and we will post the watch in its various developmental stages.

If you'd prefer to email me directly, use alldaron-forums@debaufre.com
I thank you for your help.

Best wishes,
Alldaron
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Found this on a Race Fan site   Found this on a Race Fan site Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 3:49 pm

Tim..This Race forum looks pretty great ! Found this on a Race Fan site Icon_biggrin Then on top
of that you get the president of Debaufre Watches there
as well asking for help on the design of a new watch ! Found this on a Race Fan site Icon_eek Found this on a Race Fan site Icon_smile
It's the BEST of both worlds for you !!!..Maybe you can
recommend some Porsche characteristics, or colors to
them !

Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: Found this on a Race Fan site   Found this on a Race Fan site Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 5:04 pm

The iconic race watch has already been created.

Found this on a Race Fan site Rolex-paul-newman

TAG Heuer has been hard at work at some ultimate race watches with the Grand Carrera line.

Found this on a Race Fan site Tag_heuer_grand_carrera1

This one might be a close contender:

Found this on a Race Fan site Monaco_69_detail
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Found this on a Race Fan site   Found this on a Race Fan site Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 5:45 pm

Tom, I've got nothing for him, my minds a blank, mainly because of Poli's post, especially those first two watches. Can't beat a Rolex "Paul Newman." I guess Defraubre's tired of copying... sorry, doing "homage" watches. Found this on a Race Fan site Icon_wink
I also don't go there as often as I used to, too much sniping and other BS going on there. I have other sites I enjoy.

Last edited by porschefan on Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Found this on a Race Fan site   Found this on a Race Fan site Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 5:52 pm

Someone post a pick of the watch, I don't feel like registering...

PostSubject: Re: Found this on a Race Fan site   Found this on a Race Fan site Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 6:03 pm

Anomaly wrote:
Someone post a pick of the watch, I don't feel like registering...

There is no picture... they're asking for suggestions for a new watch.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Found this on a Race Fan site   Found this on a Race Fan site Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 8:28 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Found this on a Race Fan site   Found this on a Race Fan site Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 8:52 pm

No one has mentioned the Jacques Lemans F-1 racer.
:arrow:
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Found this on a Race Fan site   Found this on a Race Fan site Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 9:17 pm

porschefan wrote:
Tom, I've got nothing for him, my minds a blank, mainly because of Poli's post, especially those first two watches. Can't beat a Rolex "Paul Newman." I guess Defraubre's tired of copying... sorry, doing "homage" watches. Found this on a Race Fan site Icon_wink
I also don't go there as often as I used to, too much sniping and other BS going on there. I have other sites I enjoy.

You are definitely right about Poli's post there ! Those are some
SPECTACULAR watches !!!..Great pics Poli !!! Found this on a Race Fan site Icon_smile ...Tim..maybe we
will have to wait and see what Debaufre comes up with ! Hey don't
forget about these guys either Tim...http://www.porsche-design.com/international/en/products/p6000timepieces/ Found this on a Race Fan site Icon_biggrin

Found this on a Race Fan site Normal

PostSubject: Re: Found this on a Race Fan site   Found this on a Race Fan site Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 9:54 pm

Yeah, Tom. There's a PD store over the hill on Rodeo Drive, and there are just a couple of those designs I like, but still not enough to buy one.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Found this on a Race Fan site   Found this on a Race Fan site Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 3:36 am

porschefan wrote:
Yeah, Tom. There's a PD store over the hill on Rodeo Drive, and there are just a couple of those designs I like, but still not enough to buy one.

That sounds VERY cool !!!..I thought you might have known about them ! Found this on a Race Fan site Icon_cheers
It might just be a matter of time before they make one you REALLY like Tim !

PostSubject: Re: Found this on a Race Fan site   Found this on a Race Fan site Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 2:15 am

Here's part of the latest post from the Defraubre dude:

"I thank you for your input thus far, I truly do appreciate it. I know you guys are a tough crowd and I wouldn't want it any other way.

To clarify something, the last 5 years of Debaufre has served to build up the reputation for service and quality products. Now that that has been achieved, the next goal is to design an entirely unique collection. As a side note, the company is under new ownership and one of the main directives is to slowly move away from the design styles which were previously focused on."

Sounds like a sea change there. It'll be kinda interesting to keep an eye on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Found this on a Race Fan site   Found this on a Race Fan site Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 4:37 am

Rolex is just sick!! amazing watch! Found this on a Race Fan site Herz
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Found this on a Race Fan site   Found this on a Race Fan site Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 3:11 pm

porschefan wrote:
Here's part of the latest post from the Defraubre dude:

"I thank you for your input thus far, I truly do appreciate it. I know you guys are a tough crowd and I wouldn't want it any other way.

To clarify something, the last 5 years of Debaufre has served to build up the reputation for service and quality products. Now that that has been achieved, the next goal is to design an entirely unique collection. As a side note, the company is under new ownership and one of the main directives is to slowly move away from the design styles which were previously focused on."

Sounds like a sea change there. It'll be kinda interesting to keep an eye on.

You are right..This is going to be VERY interesting Tim ! Found this on a Race Fan site Icon_smile So what we can basically
look forward to is a whole New Debaufre !?..If so..it's cool that people can actually
help them out with some ideas !

PostSubject: Re: Found this on a Race Fan site   Found this on a Race Fan site Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Found this on a Race Fan site
Page 1 of 1